Father of suspect in Georgia school shooting arrested

stupidfarang

The father of a 14-year-old boy accused of killing four people at his high school in the US state of Georgia has been arrested.

Colin Gray, 54, is facing four charges of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second-degree murder and eight of cruelty to children, said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI).

Authorities are investigating whether the AR-style weapon used in the attack was a gift purchased by Mr Gray in December 2023

If it is true, why would you give a 14 year old and AR rifle???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9wj0vyl8xko

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

The father of a 14-year-old boy accused of killing four people at his high school in the US state of Georgia has been arrested.

Colin Gray, 54, is facing four charges of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second-degree murder and eight of cruelty to children, said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI).

Authorities are investigating whether the AR-style weapon used in the attack was a gift purchased by Mr Gray in December 2023

If it is true, why would you give a 14 year old and AR rifle???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9wj0vyl8xko

Its worse than that;

In May 2023, the FBI alerted local police to online threats about a school shooting, associated with an email address linked to the suspect.

A sheriff's deputy went to interview the boy, who was 13 at the time.

His father told police he had guns in the house, but his son did not have unsupervised access to them, the FBI said in a statement on Wednesday.

Officials say the threats were made on Discord, a social media platform popular with video gamers, and contained images of guns.

The account's profile name was in Russian and translated to the surname of the attacker who killed 26 people at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in 2012.

A police incident report describing last year's interview with the boy and his father was released on Thursday.

In the report, a deputy described the boy as "reserved" and "calm" and said he "assured me he never made any threats to shoot up any school".

They said he claimed to have deleted his Discord account because it was repeatedly hacked

After all that, what kind of father then buys his kid a rifle 6 months after that son was investigated for issuing death threats.

I suspect is the sort of father who probably thumbs a nose at authority, and feeds his kid BS about a school shooting that occurred when his sone was 2.

In May 2023, when confronted with the allegations against his sone, Gray responded

I’m pretty shocked to be honest with you. I’m a little p****d off to be even really honest with you, if that is what was said

That is not a normal reaction. He referred in the same interview to taking the then 13 year old to shoot his first deer. There are photos emerging of the boy, AR-15 in hand, posing by the deer carcass, with his face smeared with blood. Yes, I some of the hunting fraternity consider this a time honoured tradition. But this is is the context of a dead beat dad and and a son who went of the rampage.

I'm of a mind that the father should be facing a capital charge. I suspect the father more than made a mistake in not spotting signs. I suspect it will come out that he radicalised his son.

2 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

Why?

Read the first post.