Business Class To Uk

percy2

I'm looking to fly to UK around 20/12/07 returning around 7/1/08.

We'd be flying as a couple.

I prefer direct but the last time I went I used Etihad and it was probably the best flight I ever had.

Though the B110,000 price was a little OTT at the time though I believe it was one of the cheaper options.

Any other suggestions/recommendations?

I noticed Gulf has a 2 for 1 deal making Bus about B60,000 which sounds good but I read a lot of negative feed back on airlinequality.com

Cheers

I prefer direct but the last time I went I used Etihad and it was probably the best flight I ever had.

Though the B110,000 price was a little OTT at the time though I believe it was one of the cheaper options.

I noticed Gulf has a 2 for 1 deal making Bus about B60,000 which sounds good but I read a lot of negative feed back on airlinequality.com

Cheers

Qatar is cheaper than Etihad with very similar service (if not better).

I would stay away from Gulf because the leg BKK/AUH is in VERY old A340.

hope to have helped

cheers

onzestan

Dear percy2

what made it a good flight ?

:o Wiley Coyote

I always fly QR back to the UK from BKK. Excellent service, new aircraft, great food, great seats/beds and In-flight entertainment is the best available.

Prices range from 58k - 69k usually return. Also the Privelage club frequent flyer is one of the best and wins many awards.

Cheers.

I always fly QR back to the UK from BKK. Excellent service, new aircraft, great food, great seats/beds and In-flight entertainment is the best available.

Prices range from 58k - 69k usually return. Also the Privelage club frequent flyer is one of the best and wins many awards.

Cheers.

Whats Doha airport like compared to Abu Dhabi?

How long was your layover?

Qatar Airways BKK – LON, UK – BKK

QR Thai Baht 79,000- Business Class QR Thai Baht 115,000- First Class

Here's a price I found at Chawla.

Cheers

Try the QR website for booking prices.

Doha stopover is about 2-3 hours depending where your destination is in the uk.

Doha has the best stopover anywhere in the world for business class / first class passengers as QR has a dedicated Terminal (Not lounge!) terminal for first class and business class passengers an absolute pleasure to sit and browse the shopping in there for a couple of hours.

First class not really worth it unless you are a serious frequent flyer on qr for the points on a BKK route as there is no dedicated First Class cabin to bkk from doh.

Problem you will face is the christmas / new year prices on most carriers for those dates. 86k to manchester for those dates on the QR website.

I just came back from uk on QR business class for 63k ....totally depends on the time of year. You might get cheaper nearer the time as is usually the case with QR if they cant fill business on that route.

Depends on what you consider "best?"

For me, on a BKK-UK hop, the best means non-stop and for non-stop biz class there is none better than BA. The aircraft seating is very nice and the LHR lounge is first rate. The downside is that BA is typically far from the least expensive.

What is your time worth? If you consider your time worth perhaps 3000-4000 ThB per hour, then a 2 hour layover somehwere each way adds up to a decent amount of money. Then there's the hassle of disembarking, changing planes, embarking, etc. So paying a little extra for non-stop can be worth it.

I'm sure on price you could beat BA with one of the Chinese or Gulf airlines. But then there are the layovers, and on the gulf routes, the dreaded B.O. factor.

BA and ThaiAirways both in the range of 300K-350K ThB for two adults in biz.

BA and ThaiAirways both in the range of 300K-350K ThB for two adults in biz

Out of my price bracket for sure. Think I will stick with 60k baht business class and the just put up with the two hour wait :o even if it means a loss of earnings for 2 hours still 280k better in my pocket.

However having said that if I could afford it I too would fly direct.

BA did have the best business class in the world sure, but service wise its been dropping in quality in my opinion over the last few years. Try QR business I think you will be pleasantly suprised with it not to mention the saving over BA.

Thai Business class these days I would not even pay 60k to travel with - I just think it rates as one of the worst!

Edited by dekka007

BA and ThaiAirways both in the range of 300K-350K ThB for two adults in biz.

I just paid Bt245k (Bt125k ea.) for two first class return Thai airways flights to the UK. Their flight schedule is excellent - leaving at 1.00am BBK time and returning at 9.30pm - the food is only just ok......