Do You Believe: Next year, and the next, will be HOTTER than 2024?

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Cutting down trees by the millions does damage, and this has been done for a very long time. Burning oil and gasoline also does damage. Over harvesting the ocean does damage. Much of this is due to over population. All by people.

Yes it damage the Environment/Ecosystem. The physical planet? No... Earth will be here for a few billions years at least (Assuming it survives the Sun Red Giant phase)... if it does... it could be eons! A dead planet... but it will still physically be there. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JGon said:

As in we are not having enough kids or the opposite (Too many). Because it's actually the first (We're not having enough kids).

Agree. China, Russia, Japan, Germany and Italy all have declining populations.

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO the north of Thailand is one of the sweet spots for avoiding the worst effects of global warming and climate change.

OTOH, places such as outback Australia, the Philippines and Florida/ California had better look out, because it is only going to get worse.

In my opinion it's not... you can already see how hot it gets... and it will be much worse. You want to be higher in Latitude to reduce the Sun angle of incident (The angle sun rays hit the surface). I think somewhere around 40° North or South would do. Much milder winter and not so brutal summers. 

Edited by JGon

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Agree. China, Russia, Japan, Germany and Italy all have declining populations.

Yes, Thailand as well. Pretty much almost all western countries have aging populations. And in a few decades this will become very evident...

Edited by JGon

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There will be conflicts and wars and desperation, not same as when human populations or tribes was at 100 000 more or less world wide. 

I have kids, so I really do not care, but surprised people are not willing to see, understand simple mechanics and physics and how humans do have an impact on local enviroment and globally. 

It will be a disaster like we closing our eyes for some places  in Africa. 

However I have no hopes humans will be able to solve these problems in time

Of course we impact nature but we are also a product of nature, every animal impacts its environment, sometimes positively, often negatively. The greatest danger will be to the third world, it will be every man for himself and the weakest in every country will get short shrift, it will be no time to be disabled, unqualified or old but mankind will survive. One mustn't forget the possibility of geoengineering, there are several plans already but have never been tried out as what would be positive for the west could be detrimental to Africa and India by altering the monsoon rains for instance but if push comes to shove I doubt these problems would concern governments of rich nations. Enormous progress has been made getting energy from nuclear fusion, many industrial nations are working on this together, including Russia and China as clean cheap energy is a number one priority for the planet.

6 minutes ago, JGon said:

In my opinion it's not... you can already see how hot it gets... and it will be much worse. You want to be higher in Latitude to reduce the Sun angle of incident (The angle sun rays hit the surface). I think somewhere around 40° North or South would do. Much milder winter and not so brutal summers. 

My opinion is based on fact.

Central Australia has temperatures exceeding 40 C 100-150 days of the year, Chiang Rai has 2-3 days.

Chiang Rai has mild winds. It's very rare to get anything above 20 km/hr.

OTOH, Melbourne is on the 40 degree latitude. In winter, we get a forecast for 12 C. It's actually 3 C after windchill. In summer, days of hot northerly winds which are sticky and very uncomfortable.

Winds are 50 - 60 km/hr. In storms, they exceed 100 km/hr.

While your post may be generally correct as to latitude, it fails to take into account the effect of topography. Chiang Rai is at the foothills of the Himalayas. Mountains and coasts modify weather.

23 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Of course we impact nature but we are also a product of nature, every animal impacts its environment, sometimes positively, often negatively. The greatest danger will be to the third world, it will be every man for himself and the weakest in every country will get short shrift, it will be no time to be disabled, unqualified or old but mankind will survive. One mustn't forget the possibility of geoengineering, there are several plans already but have never been tried out as what would be positive for the west could be detrimental to Africa and India by altering the monsoon rains for instance but if push comes to shove I doubt these problems would concern governments of rich nations. Enormous progress has been made getting energy from nuclear fusion, many industrial nations are working on this together, including Russia and China as clean cheap energy is a number one priority for the planet.

I agree, not much to add, 

Even before humans, they had environmental crises created by nature, and as you say, humans is a product of nature. 

30 minutes ago, JGon said:

Yes it damage the Environment/Ecosystem. The physical planet? No... Earth will be here for a few billions years at least (Assuming it survives the Sun Red Giant phase)... if it does... it could be eons! A dead planet... but it will still physically be there. 

The environment and ecosystem is the planet. Earth, like all other planets without life, will indeed be here long after we're gone. Only problem is that all life will be wiped out by our greed and destruction, just like all the species man has made extinct so far. But according to the prophecies, God will come before that and make things right.

Edited by fredwiggy

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The environment and ecosystem is the planet. Earth, like all other planets without life, will indeed be here long after we're gone. Only problem is that all life will be wiped out by our greed and destruction, just like all the species man has made extinct so far. By according to the prophecies, God will come before that and make things right.

God will come in a form as an asteroid? Gods Fist!

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

My opinion is based on fact.

Central Australia has temperatures exceeding 40 C 100-150 days of the year, Chiang Rai has 2-3 days.

Chiang Rai has mild winds. It's very rare to get anything above 20 km/hr.

OTOH, Melbourne is on the 40 degree latitude. In winter, we get a forecast for 12 C. It's actually 3 C after windchill. In summer, days of hot northerly winds which are sticky and very uncomfortable.

Winds are 50 - 60 km/hr. In storms, they exceed 100 km/hr.

While your post may be generally correct as to latitude, it fails to take into account the effect of topography. Chiang Rai is at the foothills of the Himalayas. Mountains and coasts modify weather.

That is true, altitude helps alleviates the problem of elevated temperatures. However Thailand doesn't possess enough elevated areas (Let say above 1,500 Meters) to replace Latitude.   

2 minutes ago, JGon said:

That is true, altitude helps alleviates the problem of elevated temperatures. However Thailand doesn't possess enough elevated areas (Let say above 1,500 Meters) to replace Latitude.   

Why do you think I chose to live in Chiang Rai? Climate was definitely a factor. I would not live in Bangkok without aircon 24/7.

Check out Mt. Bartle Frere in Queensland. It's an extreme example of orographic rainfall, 160 inches a year.

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

This area in Petchabun you can sort of see that... In April the area in Red would stay around 35-36°C at around 800M elevation... yet in the valley below near sea level it would be at 42°C

Untitled.png

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You can buy dehumidifiers for that.

If I were to run a large dehumidifier in my house without AC,,,the temperature would rise through the roof.

I need something that will remove about 4 liters of water per hour.

Where do you think the HEAT goes from a dehumidifier?

HeatPumps are more efficient, anyway, because you get two benefits, and not just one.

A dehumidifier might be good for Alaska in the winter.

But then, you do not need it because indoor heating lowers the humidity almost completely.

I dunno.

Why not just using one in your basement.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

If I were to run a large dehumidifier in my house without AC,,,the temperature would rise through the roof.

I need something that will remove about 4 liters of water per hour.

Where do you think the HEAT goes from a dehumidifier?

HeatPumps are more efficient, anyway, because you get two benefits, and not just one.

A dehumidifier might be good for Alaska in the winter.

Why live in a country like Thailand if you need to stay inside most of the time? I came from south Texas, where , even though it gets to freezing some times, and close many times from November to February, it's still hotter on average than Thailand. More humidity here makes things harder to enjoy, especially if you're not near the beach where you can jump in the water anytime you want.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In Chiang mai this year was cooler than last year, and a lot wetter and cloudier.

Do you really think this HOT SEASON was cooler than the Hot Season of 2023?  My neighbors do say otherwise.  Still, at the moment in CM, it IS unseasonably COOL.

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Why live in a country like Thailand if you need to stay inside most of the time? I came from south Texas, where , even though it gets to freezing some times, and close many times from November to February, it's still hotter on average than Thailand. More humidity here makes things harder to enjoy, especially if you're not near the beach where you can jump in the water anytime you want.

It's not the heat that bothers me here, and keeps me cooped up....rather it is the smoke-plus-heat.  I still go out with a mask however.  And, I use the best 3M masks for the purpose.

They work great!

Still, I am sure that it will be hotter and more humid in 2025, just from the feel of things to come.

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

It's not the heat that bothers me here, and keeps me cooped up....rather it is the smoke-plus-heat.  I still go out with a mask however.  And, I use the best 3M masks for the purpose.

They work great!

Still, I am sure that it will be hotter and more humid in 2025, just from the feel of things to come.

The smoke problem will never go away. People burn things all over Thailand and nothing much is ever done. Northern Thailand is the worst. Being a prisoner of your house is no fun . There are many other places to live where you'll be more comfortable and not have to hide from the outside world. If it wasn't so cold so long, and I didn't have family in Texas, I'd move to Canada.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

So it took 100+ years, to go up maybe ~0.7 degrees ... :cheesy:

That is the average global surface temperature. I hope you understand that the average means peaks and dips go outside that main line. 

Perhaps you understand why governments are concerned about this and set a target of  the average temperature rising not more than 1.5 Celsius? Seems small?

6 minutes ago, Purdey said:

That is the average global surface temperature. I hope you understand that the average means peaks and dips go outside that main line. 

Perhaps you understand why governments are concerned about this and set a target of  the average temperature rising not more than 1.5 Celsius? Seems small?

The 1.5 figure seems totally made up. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

So it took 100+ years, to go up maybe ~0.7 degrees ... :cheesy:

So buying an EV and putting solar on your house were purely financial decisions.

13 minutes ago, maesariang said:

The 1.5 figure seems totally made up. 

That's why it always makes sense to research things instead of listening to others opinions. Some things are scientific facts and some are opinions made by those in denial, or because Joe at the bar told them.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

That's why it always makes sense to research things instead of listening to others opinions. Some things are scientific facts and some are opinions made by those in denial, or because Joe at the bar told them.

I always research things. The media lies to scare people. Been 18 years since the Gore movie. 18 years of lies.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So buying an EV and putting solar on your house were purely financial decisions.

That and independence of grid and govt.  Performance was even a bigger plus than I expected.  

Planet is fine, been here for quite some time, and will be here quite a while longer after the parasites self destruct.  A couple degrees over the next few 100 years will be the least of their concerns.

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Cutting down trees by the millions does damage, and this has been done for a very long time. Burning oil and gasoline also does damage. Over harvesting the ocean does damage. Much of this is due to over population. All by people.

and yet, while you and I know that it's a result of overpopulation, the great and wise never mention it. I guess they want more people to pay more tax for them to waste.

47 minutes ago, Purdey said:

It doesn't matter. By ignoring it you will kill millions.

Cars kill millions but they don't ban cars. Wars kill millions but they will keep having them.

Does it really matter if we die of heatstroke or because someone dropped a bomb on us while we were sleeping? Dead is dead.

53 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Actually I think it's all BS myself, as many climatologists don't agree with global warming.

"Whether most scientists outside climatology believe that global warming is happening is less relevant than whether the climatologists do. A letter signed by over 50 leading members of the American Meteorological Society warned about the policies promoted by environmental pressure groups. “The policy initiatives derive from highly uncertain scientific theories. They are based on the unsupported assumption that catastrophic global warming follows from the burning of fossil fuel and requires immediate action. We do not agree.”2 Those who have signed the letter represent the overwhelming majority of climate change scientists in the United States, of whom there are about 60."  

McMichael and Haines quote the 1995 report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which is widely believed to “prove” that climate change induced by humans has occurred.3 The original draft document did not say this. What happened was that the policymakers’ summary (which became the “take home message” for politicians) altered the conclusions of the scientists. This led Dr Frederick Seitz, former head of the United States National Academy of Sciences, to write, “In more than sixty years as a member of the American scientific community ... I have never witnessed a more disturbing corruption of the peer-review process than the events that led to this IPCC report.”4

Policymaking should be guided by proved fact, not speculation. Most members of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change believe that current climate models do not accurately portray the atmosphere-ocean system. Measurements made by means of satellites show no global warming but a cooling of 0.13°C between 1979 and 1994.5 Furthermore, since the theory of global warming assumes maximum warming at the poles, why have average temperatures in the Arctic dropped by 0.88°C over the past 50 years?5"

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1