Do U Ever Feel Like U Arte Living In A Sauna?

Pepe'

"How do you deal with it everyday? "

Well you have to work at keeping cool. Limit yourself during the heat of the day. During the day wear light colored clothing that breaths, white is best, 2nd yellow, 3rd orange, 4th red, 5th blue and of course black is the worst. Wear shorts, sandals,no socks, no underware, wear a hat and be prepared to take off hat in the shade. Cut your hair very short. Walk on the shady side of the street. Drink lots of cold fluids, not alcohol. If your sweating alot then drink hydromix. Use an umbrella.

Plan a trip to the mall(anywhere aircon) during the heat of the day.

Take a handkerchef to wipe off excess sweat.

:o

Well you asked.

With 3+ computers running at all time we couldn't have a home without an A/C. ^^

Tawp,

I'm sure things do get very heated up behind your computer screens judging from some of the great pics you've been posting elsewhere lately. I'm sure many know what I mean. :o

Well, seeing I have to do biz in the USA I work at nights.. go to bed about 6 in the morning.. wake up about 2 in the afternoon... coffee.. breakfast.. watch some American tv from my sling blade.... by this time its 4 or so.. run errands in air con car.. and I live in Chiang Mai so in the evenings its nice.. and then about 3 months out of the year it gets VERY VERY nice and cool.. then I switch more to working days.. and sleeping nights.. exploring my surroundings.

Works for me!!

What are you talking about? The weather is great. Forget about A/C and get used to it. I have only been here for two years and I can’t wait for the sunshine to come back.

At the moment is a bit overcast and chilly. Instead of loosing weight I started putting some on. Mind you it could be the beer.

In tropical climes there are certain times of day

When all the citizens retire to tear their clothes off and perspire.

It's one of the rules that the greatest fools obey,

Because the sun is much too sultry

And one must avoid its ultry-violet ray.

The natives grieve when the white men leave their huts,

Because they're obviously, definitely nuts!

Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun,

The Japanese don´t care to, the Chinese wouldn´t dare to,

Hindus and Argentines sleep firmly from twelve to one

But Englishmen detest-a siesta.

In the Philippines they have lovely screens to protect you from the glare.

In the Malay States, there are hats like plates which the Britishers won't wear.

At twelve noon the natives swoon and no further work is done,

But mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.

It's such a surprise for the Eastern eyes to see,

that though the English are effete, they're quite impervious to heat,

When the white man rides every native hides in glee,

Because the simple creatures hope he will impale his solar topee on a tree.

It seems such a shame when the English claim the earth,

They give rise to such hilarity and mirth.

Ha ha ha ha hoo hoo hoo hoo hee hee hee hee ......

Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.

The toughest Burmese bandit can never understand it.

In Rangoon the heat of noon is just what the natives shun,

They put their Scotch or Rye down, and lie down.

In a jungle town where the sun beats down to the rage of man and beast

The English garb of the English sahib merely gets a bit more creased.

In Bangkok at twelve o'clock they foam at the mouth and run,

Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.

The smallest Malay rabbit deplores this foolish habit.

In Hong Kong they strike a gong and fire off a noonday gun,

To reprimand each inmate who's in late.

In the mangrove swamps where the python romps

there is peace from twelve till two.

Even caribous lie around and snooze, for there's nothing else to do.

In Bengal to move at all is seldom ever done,

I love Thailand. It's my favorite place to play.

But I know know I can only take it for one month or so per year. Although that month is something I look forward to all year round I'm always relieved to step off the plane in San Diego were the weather is just, well, near perfect.

Even back where I was raised all I hear about is everyone complaining about the heat and wicked humidity in Jersey.

Most days in BKK I find I'd take my shower in my nice AC room. Walk out into the hall, the air is already changing. Get down to the lobby it's a little hotter and "muggier."

By the time I get into the cab outside my clean white tennis shirt is soaked and my kakies feel like duct tape on my legs now I get to freeze all the moisture in a taxi refrigerator.

How do you deal with it everyday?

I stuck BKK for 3 years then moved to Chiang Mai a lot cooler :o

Pepe, you are a Nam vet, so I'm surprised about your surprise concerning the heat and humidity in Thailand. How soon we forget! Actually, sweat is one of your body's defenses against overheating and is a natural way of cooling down. Hydrate liberally (without the alcohol), wear light-colored loose-fitting clothing, limit your outdoor activity in the middle of the day, and use the A/C minimally. You'll survive. Oh, and remember to go commando. :o

So true. I was a lot younger and quite thin in those days. Again I kind of like the heat. Vegas for example at 118 considered extreme does seem so bad in the shade with a cold one.

Although I'm in fairly good shape maybe it's the combination of age and getting a little heavier.

The point is when in the cities BKK, Pattaya etc the combo of heat humidity and pollution just makes me feel like it's hammering me down, like I don't want to move, period.

I almost retire to Samut Sakorn and was planning to build a beach house in Sattahip. Got divorced instead.

I guess everything happens for a reason. It's all karma man... :D