LASIK Basic Cost 2024

Chadnik

Can't answer your question but suspect a few phone calls would get you a quick result.  I had lasik performed on both eyes about 26 years ago in Canada, a year or so before the FDA approved the procedure in the USA.  While the procedure back then was mostly science, I have to think there was a bit more art involved than there is now.  Also have to think the equipment and procedure has improved in the last 3 decades so that should give you some comfort.  I paid $4k total and it was the best $ I ever spent.  While most of the major hospitals in BKK now do the lasik procedure, there are two clinics that specialize in eyes only.  Rutnin Eye Hospital is the oldest and I understand has a solid reputation.  They're your eyes and you only have two, so I'd be more concerned with prospects for good results than cost.  I'm not recommending anyone for the procedure but would encourage you to at least get a consult from a recognized leader in the field.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Google says: "

LASIK eye surgery in Thailand can cost between $690 and $4,215, which is much lower than the average price of $4,000 in the United States. The price can vary depending on the complexity of the procedure, the doctor's qualifications, and any complications that may arise." The fancy hospitals in BKK will probably charge a fortune plus an arm and a leg.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

If you are in Pattaya the doctor at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is terrific.  My spouse and i both had lasik done there and were very pleased with the results.  

Agree regarding Dr Somchai at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Also worth looking at (pardon the pun) Lens replacement surgery as with Lasik you may still need reading glasses later in life whereas Multiocular Lens Replacement is a lifetime fix for both long and short sighted problems and no chance you will ever get cataracts, costs about 220K baht at BPH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scotty1286 said:

Agree regarding Dr Somchai at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Also worth looking at (pardon the pun) Lens replacement surgery as with Lasik you may still need reading glasses later in life whereas Multiocular Lens Replacement is a lifetime fix for both long and short sighted problems and no chance you will ever get cataracts, costs about 220K baht at BPH.

Yes.  We had lasik around 2012 and this year we both did the lens replacement, both procedures with Dr. Somchai.  Happy with both.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. Ive done some checking about and looks like the better, current technologies are about 70-160k. That is probably excluding lower cost traditional Lasik and PRK although they still seem to be performed today here and abroad.

I'm a bit surprised at the small cost difference in some procedures compared to US.

I'm not interested in Pattaya, thanks for the input and recommendation.