Need help buying a cheap return ticket

Anybody can tell me where or how to buy a cheap return flight ticket as it appears immigration is asking (or maybe not) for wife return ticket, she will be entering on a 60 day visa exempt at Don Muang, any way around it

Thanks, appreciate a quick answer as she will be traveling on the 15

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Anybody can tell me where or how to buy a cheap return flight ticket as it appears immigration is asking (or maybe not) for wife return ticket, she will be entering on a 60 day visa exempt at Don Muang, any way around it

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

she's coming from China and should supposedly go back to China but she will not as she's on my retirement visa

So which is it, is she entering visa exempt or she's on your retirement visa? 

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

she's coming from China and should supposedly go back to China but she will not as she's on my retirement visa

First up she does not require a return flight. Can be any onward flight.

Either.....pick cheapest throw away ticket. OR rent a ticket from company such as "onwardticket.com" 

A simple google of that site will explain how it works.

It's the airline at departure that may wish to see onward flight. 

Which airline? 

Don't know what you mean by "she will not as she's on my retirement visa"...

If she enters visa exempt she cannot "piggyback" on your retirement extension.

can you book a confirmation without paying

There are companies that can supply you with an onward booking confirmation for a small fee or you can just buy the cheapest flight out somewhere with Air Asia or the like. With the 'confirmation' companies, you can 'book' something like a flight to the USA...

Someone will come along with examples. No need for panic.

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

So which is it, is she entering visa exempt or she's on your retirement visa? 

complicated and long story about the retirement...., let's keep it at visa exempt and need or no need for return tickect

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

First up she does not require a return flight. Can be any onward flight.

Either.....pick cheapest throw away ticket. OR rent a ticket from company such as "onwardticket.com" 

A simple google of that site will explain how it works.

It's the airline at departure that may wish to see onward flight. 

Which airline? 

Don't know what you mean by "she will not as she's on my retirement visa"...

If she enters visa exempt she cannot "piggyback" on your retirement extension.

she visited a Chinese site about the requirements to enter visa exempt and it says round trip ticket, passport valid for more than 6 months with 2 blank pages, hotel itinerary (she's stays with me) and cash on hand, maybe some hold stuff but she panics easy and fast

complicated and long story about the retirement...., let's keep it at visa exempt and need or no need for return tickect

OK, however the guy that you quoted is correct.

To piggyback on your extension retirement (as dependent spouse) she would need to enter with a non O.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

To piggyback on your extension retirement (as dependent spouse) she would need to enter with a non O.

she can not, it's a very long and complicated story, she doesn't have re-entry permit, the best and easy way is to enter with tourists visa and deal with problem here, but don't want to discuss that on here

8 minutes ago, NowNow said:

There are companies that can supply you with an onward booking confirmation for a small fee or you can just buy the cheapest flight out somewhere with Air Asia or the like. With the 'confirmation' companies, you can 'book' something like a flight to the USA...

Someone will come along with examples. No need for panic.

was thinking about using AirAsia and cancel 3-4 days later

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

she can not, it's a very long and complicated story, she doesn't have re-entry permit, the best and easy way is to enter with tourists visa and deal with problem here, but don't want to discuss that on here

You mention "enter with tourist visa" 

Is she obtaining a tourist visa of flying visa exempt.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

she is Chinese and they usualy are not very good with paper work

Just now, DrJack54 said:

You don't get any refund from AirAsia and also that airline almost certainly require onward flight 

nope, I purchased a one way ticket from China to Thailand and they did offer cancellation option, nobody asked about visa and/or return

Just now, Mavideol said:

visa exempt, sorry for the typo

Ok. All she needs is onward ticket for airline at departure.

Upon arrival at DMK almost certainly nothing. She would be advised to have cash (won't be necessary but good idea) 

She won't need proof of accommodation however if asked travel plans then just the truth.

She is visiting husband staying there. 

My friend just come back to Thailand from doing a border run. He just made a flight reservation without paying, he showed the screenshot to the immigration officer and it has been accepted. Now I don't know if this can be done with the immigration at the airport but you could try

11 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Now I don't know if this can be done with the immigration at the airport but you could try

No. Immigration at airport is not the issue.

As pointed out in the thread, the onward flight would/may be required by airline at departure. Check in will not accept what you suggest.

When OP wife deals with Thai immigration upon arriving they  will not request onward flight. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think good advise was given with Onward.com.

But if that makes you nervous, you can spend a bit of time looking at cheap one-way flights from some international airports out of Thailand to a foreign country that is near by. You need to pick a date in the week that has the cheapest flights.

Consider for example (where I looked just now), a one-way, Phuket to KL (1300 THB) or Krabi to KL (1,162 THB).  Far more expensive than Onward.com, but it is an actual ticket that could be used (not that you want to - as you will throw it out afterward).

6 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Far more expensive than Onward.com, but it is an actual ticket that could be used (not that you want to - as you will throw it out afterward).

Good option. 

Especially now that visa exempt 60 days vs SETV also 60.

Good value @~1300b

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No. Immigration at airport is not the issue.

As pointed out in the thread, the onward flight would/may be required by airline at departure. Check in will not accept what you suggest.

When OP wife deals with Thai immigration upon arriving they  will not request onward flight. 

all solved, bought from verifiabletickets a little more expensive but had better options such as 7 day validity (all other only 48 H) and flight back to China with same airline, looked more realistic, thank you everyone for their feed back, please close thread

• Thumbs Up 2