Does Average-Thai Believe: Thai Electrical-Grid is NORMAL throughout the World?

GammaGlobulin

Dear Folks,

I would like to take a POLL:

Do you think that the average local citizen actually believes that the stability of Thailand's Electrical Grid is NORMAL in most countries?

Do they think that the electrical-power brownouts, and frequent periodic power failures are NORMAL in most countries?

Maybe they think....

In countries like Taiwan, for example, every other week, the power fails....

Or that, the power is so unstable that it will shut off for a second, once a day, or that the voltage is unstable much of the time...or.....

Do MOST Thai people, who have never visited countries abroad, actually BELIEVE this?

Because THIS is the reason I ask:

It seems to me that the best way to begin to improve social systems such as Education, and others, might be for the Power Company to FIRST....

SET AN EXAMPLE of the kind of DEPENDABILITY that most local people should attempt to EMULATE.

IF the Power Company could set an example of what REAL DEPENDABILITY, STABILITY, and EXCELLENCE even LOOKS LIKE...then....

Most citizens would have an idea what to shoot for.

Setting a good example for the local citizenry is something that government should strive to do.

First, begin with something as SIMPLE as reliable power supply....and then, progress to more difficult projects.

How difficult can it be??????????

Taiwan, for example, is hit by over 10 major typhoons per year.

Yet, the grid on the island of Taiwan works VERY well.

What do you think might happen to the grid if any place in Thailand were hit by just ONE Super Typhoon?

So then, why does the Power Company not FIRST set an example of what EXCELLENCE should look like.....

As an example and a bit of encouragement to the average guy here in Thailand?

And, by the way....

Setting up a stable/reliable electrical grid might do WONDERS for the economy....

And, maybe....just by doing this....

We could get rid of many of the tourists here, while still growing the local Thailand economy.

So...then...

This is my poll.

But, I do not know how to create a proper POLL on TV....

So......

Solly....

Best regards,

Gamma

Edited by GammaGlobulin