Thailand's 5-20 Year Visa Now a Bit Cheaper

webfact

2 hours ago, KimchiCurry said:

Hopefully, it was during the application.

He didn't pay the entire fee. Great that they gonna refund him the 50k THB fee.

It's a blessing in a disguise. He can just apply for the DTV, it's way way way cheaper for a 5 year visa. Only thing he has to do is to get out of the country every 6 month. 

My friend just asked his agent. He got accepted because his overstay was less than 7 days.

Any overstay above 7 days is detrimental to your application. They submit application all the time with 1-2 days overstay without issues.

I told him at the time to use an agent but he didn't, his loss. Agents can negotiate for you so you have less risk of denial

He is now talking to an agent to see what can be done, you never know they might decide to change their minds, if not then he will go through another visa type

1 minute ago, schweizer said:

I told him at the time to use an agent but he didn't, his loss. Agents can negotiate for you so you have less risk of denial

He is now talking to an agent to see what can be done, you never know they might decide to change their minds, if not then he will go through another visa type

100%. 

You have really good agent out there making sure your application is legit (+can help you if some issues arise) and my buddy told me it cost the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/13/2024 at 10:28 PM, digger70 said:

Totally Over the top ,

Look at the normal extensions x THB. 2,000 works out THB 40,000 for 20 years ,slightly different than the THB 900K up to 2 Mill. 

One can't tell me that the So called Perks cost that much. (if one can call them perks)

Just a big Laugh.

One couldn’t get that if you not yet 50 not working here, and not married to a Thai. 

Was not a laugh when I was not yet 50, not working in Thailand, and not married. So a wonderful programme until for me but one ages about of the appeal of it. Then there was no DTV, no LTR, and no pending taxation without representation either. 

Sayonara Thailand

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thumbs Up 1

If the government wants to attract more people they should seriously look at this taxation mess.I myself can understand taxing 700 000 baht or more a year but give the people below that a break after all we contribute the pitance we have to the economy also and most want to spend our last years here spending what little we have

On 9/14/2024 at 9:54 PM, Seismic said:

This is not a proposal but law. If you reside in Thailand for 180 days or more in each tax year then you are considered a tax resident and required to file and pay tax. The only difference since 2024 is that the loophole of only bringing in money that was earned over one tax year before has now been closed.

And when were the new "laws" published in the Royal Gazette and formally adopted?

On 9/15/2024 at 7:48 AM, lamyai3 said:

There's at least three - LTR is under Ministry of Interior (BOI), DTV is Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Elite is owned by TAT under the Ministry of Tourism and Sports. And then immigration (under the RTP) often have their own ideas about whether to let people in or not. With the Revenue Department thrown into the mix from next year it'll be enough to befuddle Kafka. 

I like your observation. There are too many overlapping "authorities" here and everyone is a general.

5 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

And when were the new "laws" published in the Royal Gazette and formally adopted?

I believe it wasn't a new law but an amendment to an existing one (to close the loophole for the start of 2024), so it could be brought in quickly.

To tax worldwide income does require a law change so will be much lengthier to implement. 

On 9/14/2024 at 9:26 AM, Mad Mustang said:

Well I got one 3 years. If you fly in and out a lot it’s well worth it just for the fast track immigration alone. Never taken longer than 15 mins to get from the plane to the limo. It makes life here much easier.

You can pay 1'300 THB each time for that fast track and car service without paying 15'000 a month for privilege (current prices).