Increasing Lifespan Of 1-2-call Sim

khaojao

My AIS 1-2-Call card will expire in about 5 days unless i top it up. I won't be travelling into thailand til December this year. How much would I have to add to ensure that I can keep the number until then?

Anyone knows how the lifespans of these prepaid phonecards are calculated?

Thanks heaps.

My AIS 1-2-Call card will expire in about 5 days unless i top it up. I won't be travelling into thailand til December this year. How much would I have to add to ensure that I can keep the number until then?

Thanks heaps.

My guess is BHT 500.

However, if you want to know exactly, go to the next AIS store and ask, then buy the top up right there. There's one at the new airport, ground level.

Are you in Thailand now? You can get 30 days for each 100 THB top-up and 90 days for each 300 THB top-up. Alternatively there are always many, many on-going promotions which extend the expiration date through the payment of a one-time fee. Get the SIM topped up ASAP then contact AIS to discuss alternatives: email: [email protected] or dial 1175 and press 2.

hi all...

thank you for ur suggestions. i will try to email to AIS as i am not in the country anymore. hopefully they will allow me to extend my SIM's lifespan as it would really be a hassle for me to get a new number and inform everyone again.

*fingers crossed*

It all depends on the plan you have....if you dial *777# it'll tell you, and if you dial *121# it'll tell you how much credit you have and how long it's available for.

With most standard plans now (short/long call) your top ups are good for 1 year regardless of ammount. To change the plan dial *777 and listen to the voice prompts.

Remember to hit TALK/SEND/GREEN BUTTON after you press the above buttons :o

Edited by LostInBKK

hi all...

thank you for ur suggestions. i will try to email to AIS as i am not in the country anymore. hopefully they will allow me to extend my SIM's lifespan as it would really be a hassle for me to get a new number and inform everyone again.

*fingers crossed*

You could ask a friend still in Thailand to pop in to a AIS or Telewiz shop and add value to your SIM as this will give you some extra time to change calling plans via email to one with a longer expiration date. All the friend needs is your 10 digit telephone number, and some money of course.

Thanks heaps.

You can change your plan over to a one that gives you 365 days every time you top up, the down side is that it costs 4 baht per minute, you can also do this by phone.

Thanks heaps.

You can change your plan over to a one that gives you 365 days every time you top up, the down side is that it costs 4 baht per minute, you can also do this by phone.

just to update all who have been helpful with suggestions...i wrote in to AIS and they've replied with 2 options on how to extend the lifespan of my card. option 1 is like what kevc has mentioned, the Oon Oon promotion which extends the lifespan of each top up by a year. (i didn't know about the 4 baht per minute t&c hmmm...) the second is to opt to put a suspension on the line for "x" amount of time. u have to top up the card by 300baht and request for them (via phone or email) to suspend the line til a certain date. however, as their email was a little too brief, i've written back to them to double check some details. if anyone is interested to know (for their own personal top ups in future, i'd be happy to post the outcome.)

thanks again everyone. :o