Thai Khmer - is it alive anywhere in South Isaan?

henrik2000

18 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

There you go.

Nothing about UK. Nothing about the world. Nothing about English language. Nothing about forcing anything on anyone.

All about Thai definition. It really is that simple. I'm glad you know understand that.

No, you said that, and i repeated it. If you read the understanding about how Thai language defines the two words city and town as same, you will get a better understanding.

31 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Muang is the name of the centre of the province. The town. Nai Muang refers to the central sub district within that town.

Bangkok, a city, known in its abbreviated Thai form as Krungthepmahanakorn is the city. "Maha" meaning large. Large town translating to City.

Just like Samut means sea and Maha Samut means Ocean.

I doubt anyone would call the Andaman Sea, an Ocean.

I'm not forcing UK or English on anyone. I'm explaining Thai language.

Which means you translate it to town, while I translate it to city. Just because large is in the combination, does not take away the double meaning of a Thai word, as Thai language are minimized to using the same words for many meanings.

38 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm not showing off and have, in fact, been thanked for my information.

Yes, because you transfer your town version of translating and force it on people. Did you look up the standards of international meanings of city? I can see that you refrained from commenting that. Was it not according to you false view?

12 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, because you transfer your town version of translating and force it on people. Did you look up the standards of international meanings of city? I can see that you refrained from commenting that. Was it not according to you false view?

It's Thai language. It's plain and simple.

How many "Ket" do Buriram, Surin or Sissaket have?

I'll help you. It's none. That's because "Ket" is a district of a city. Only Bangkok has them.

15 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, you said that, and i repeated it. If you read the understanding about how Thai language defines the two words city and town as same, you will get a better understanding.

Muang and Nai Muang are only found in "Jangwat" and "Ampher", not cities.

Edited by youreavinalaff