Tourist sim unlimited

Hummin

Does anyone really need unlimited calls and texts these days? Why not pre-pay, maintain minimal balance and validity so that you could make the odd call and receive SMS. An add-on unlimited data pack can be bought for 1,800 baht (150 baht per month).

Trying an AIS unlimeted package for less than 500, and had 50 pluss mb  downoad and upload at the shop. Back at the hotel 3 download and 15 upload 😑

We will se when we are at home in the outback where I useally had 8mb to 20 pluss depending on weekdays or weekends. 

I started using the Saily app instead, they can't track me anymore that way in Thailand too and I can easily pay for other countries too except Laos only. Also possible to just change to access in entire region or even the entire world that way.

Benefit is too when using that, it always selects the best networks where you are (AKA true or DTAC or AIS etc). I often have with my Thai simcard of choice that it not works great at all regions of thailand. Last but not least; costs are same too with Saily.

I used to always want the unlimited ones with truemove prepaid etc but I realized that in reality I never really use more than 10GB data, per month, anyway, maybe 20GB in case I would be working from a hotspot a lot within a month, which happens rarely.

It's made by NordVPN as well so I guess that is a good thing: https://saily.com/

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 08.53.42.png

Edited by ChaiyaTH

I started using the Saily app instead, they can't track me anymore that way in Thailand too and I can easily pay for other countries too except Laos only. Also possible to just change to access in entire region or even the entire world that way. 

I used to always want the unlimited ones with truemove prepaid etc but I realized that in reality I never really use more than 10GB data, per month, anyway, maybe 20GB in case I would be working from a hotspot a lot within a month, which happens rarely.

30 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Trying an AIS unlimeted package for less than 500, and had 50 pluss mb  downoad and upload at the shop. Back at the hotel 3 download and 15 upload 😑

We will se when we are at home in the outback where I useally had 8mb to 20 pluss depending on weekdays or weekends. 

Try out saily

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

There is no wifi options at our location home, so we use our mobiles as hotspots for everything we do. Before I moved back home this spring, we had Dtac mobile broadband and also independent different providers on our own phones. Personally I watch tv and movies on my laptop and use around 200gb a month alone. 

18 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Does anyone really need unlimited calls and texts these days? Why not pre-pay, maintain minimal balance and validity so that you could make the odd call and receive SMS. An add-on unlimited data pack can be bought for 1,800 baht (150 baht per month).

Ehh unlimited data for 150 baht per month? Right, at 56-128kbps speed lol.

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There is no wifi options at our location home, so we use our mobiles as hotspots for everything we do. Before I moved back home this spring, we had Dtac mobile broadband and also independent different providers on our own phones. Personally I watch tv and movies on my laptop and use around 200gb a month alone. 

Yeah the idea is to still have wifi as well indeed, in that case, I would just use a SIM router from Lazada together with a 1-1.5K monthly local sim. If you could resell to your neighbors you could consider a Starlink from Philipinnes with global access at 100 USD monthly.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

Yeah the idea is to still have wifi as well indeed, in that case, I would just use a SIM router from Lazada together with a 1-1.5K monthly local sim.

We travel a bit to, so independent mobile unlimited is the best for us. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

We travel a bit to, so independent mobile unlimited is the best for us. 

These things come in all kinds of variations, some are with a battery intended to bring along on holidays. I used to have the same in cambodia too back in 2016, i could just bring my router with me hehe.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I too am looking for an unlimited package. I haven't found a prepaid full speed unlimited package from AIS. What package do you have exactly?