The 800k Bank Balance

ravip

2 minutes ago, ronnie50 said:

Sorry if this is obvious, but it's not to me. First time doing this.

It's not obvious.

If the funds have been in Thai bank account in your name only for "some time" then you do not not need a "fresh" transfer and do not need to prove funds came from abroad

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not obvious.

If the funds have been in Thai bank account in your name only for "some time" then you do not not need a "fresh" transfer and do not need to prove funds came from abroad

I have 800000+ baht in a fixed account since January 2020. I suppose that will be long enough. I will apply for a non immigrant O visa retirement next week in Jomtien.

Kind regards 

Rudy

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, rutteketuut said:

Visa exempt with new passport.

Thanks 

At Jomitien they were playing a game for application for non O from visa exempt stamp requiring funds in the bank for 2 months.

In any event seems your funds have been in bank for some time so not an issue 

Non O based on retirement or marriage 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

At Jomitien they were playing a game for application for non O from visa exempt stamp requiring funds in the bank for 2 months.

In any event seems your funds have been in bank for some time so not an issue 

Non O based on retirement or marriage 

Visa fee is 2000 baht? Can not find it on internet.

Thanks.

I dropped an email to Bangkok Bank and they replied promptly.

It seems to obtain online statements via the app, you need to Register in advance.

I post below their reply, for anyone interested in this info.

I am not sure what this means - Please be advised that international transfers in the statement will display only the transaction code and transaction name.

Thank you for contacting Bangkok Bank

In the event that you would like to obtain your Bangkok Bank account statement, please be informed that you can request a bank account statement through the channels listed below:   
Via Mobile Banking. If you have already registered, you can request an account statement by selecting 'More Services' menu on the home page. Then, select “Request account statement”. This function will provide your transaction history for up to 12 months and send the statement to your email registered with Mobile Banking within one hour with no fee. Please note the following:
The statement history you receive will be updated as of yesterday. 
For requests submitted before 09:00, the statement history will be updated as of 2 days ago. 

Via Bualuang iBanking. If you have already registered, you can view your savings account activity dating back to 6 months by clicking on your account number on the 'My Accounts' page. Then, select the period time on 'Transaction Date Range'.  You can also download or printout by clicking on the menu on the top of the account activity page. 

At Bangkok Bank branch. Please ensure to bring along your valid passport and account passbook as the required documents. Kindly note that a fee is applicable for the request of a savings account statement. The details are as follows:
100 THB for requesting a Savings Account Statement dating back no more than 6 months  
200 THB for requesting a Savings Account Statement dating back over 6 months to 2 years.        
500 THB for requesting a Savings Account Statement over 2 years.     
Statements dating back no more than 6 months can be received instantly. However, for statements dating back more than 6 months, you may choose from one of the following methods to receive your statement:  
Through a branch - it will take 2-5 working days for the bank to process  
Through email in PDF format - for requests made before 4:00 p.m., you will get the statement on the next day at 02.00 p.m.

Please be advised that international transfers in the statement will display only the transaction code and transaction name.

Should you require any further assistance, please let us know. You can also contact our phone banking center at 1333 (for domestic) or (66)26455555 (for overseas) during all hours to acquire more information.   

UNQUOTE

24 minutes ago, ravip said:

It seems to obtain online statements via the app, you need to Register in advance

I read that as registering for the service itself, i.e. Mobile Banking or Bualuang iBanking, rather than specifically obtaining statements.

• Agree 2

On 9/25/2024 at 2:47 PM, itsari said:

How do you observe other people's bank accounts?

Or are you purely working on rumour

its common knowledge, agents avoid the 800.00thb seasoning requirements with the full blessing of immigration officers

1 hour ago, ravip said:

I dropped an email to Bangkok Bank and they replied promptly.

It seems to obtain online statements via the app, you need to Register in advance.

I post below their reply, for anyone interested in this info.

I am not sure what this means - Please be advised that international transfers in the statement will display only the transaction code and transaction name.

Thank you for contacting Bangkok Bank

In the event that you would like to obtain your Bangkok Bank account statement, please be informed that you can request a bank account statement through the channels listed below:   
Via Mobile Banking. If you have already registered, you can request an account statement by selecting 'More Services' menu on the home page. Then, select “Request account statement”. This function will provide your transaction history for up to 12 months and send the statement to your email registered with Mobile Banking within one hour with no fee. Please note the following:
The statement history you receive will be updated as of yesterday. 
For requests submitted before 09:00, the statement history will be updated as of 2 days ago. 

Via Bualuang iBanking. If you have already registered, you can view your savings account activity dating back to 6 months by clicking on your account number on the 'My Accounts' page. Then, select the period time on 'Transaction Date Range'.  You can also download or printout by clicking on the menu on the top of the account activity page. 

At Bangkok Bank branch. Please ensure to bring along your valid passport and account passbook as the required documents. Kindly note that a fee is applicable for the request of a savings account statement. The details are as follows:
100 THB for requesting a Savings Account Statement dating back no more than 6 months  
200 THB for requesting a Savings Account Statement dating back over 6 months to 2 years.        
500 THB for requesting a Savings Account Statement over 2 years.     
Statements dating back no more than 6 months can be received instantly. However, for statements dating back more than 6 months, you may choose from one of the following methods to receive your statement:  
Through a branch - it will take 2-5 working days for the bank to process  
Through email in PDF format - for requests made before 4:00 p.m., you will get the statement on the next day at 02.00 p.m.

Please be advised that international transfers in the statement will display only the transaction code and transaction name.

Should you require any further assistance, please let us know. You can also contact our phone banking center at 1333 (for domestic) or (66)26455555 (for overseas) during all hours to acquire more information.   

UNQUOTE

For Bangkok Bank, International transfers will usually show up as "FTT" but you seem to be planning on using the 800K in the bank method & have had the 800K in the bank >2 months already so it doesn't matter whether the transactions show up as International or not.

If the 800K was deposited recently and is not showing as FTT then print off your receipts from however you transferred the money & copies of your home bank account showing the source of the transactions.

For future reference if you do use Wise & want them to show as International Transfer then use "Funds for Long Term Stay" as the reason or "Purchase of Property" if this reason isn't there (It disappeared for a few days recently but seems to be back now). 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

For Bangkok Bank, International transfers will usually show up as "FTT" but you seem to be planning on using the 800K in the bank method & have had the 800K in the bank >2 months already so it doesn't matter whether the transactions show up as International or not.

If the 800K was deposited recently and is not showing as FTT then print off your receipts from however you transferred the money & copies of your home bank account showing the source of the transactions.

For future reference if you do use Wise & want them to show as International Transfer then use "Funds for Long Term Stay" as the reason or "Purchase of Property" if this reason isn't there (It disappeared for a few days recently but seems to be back now). 

Thank you very much for the info.