65k Method For First Non-O and have 12 months of 65k FTT transfers

5 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

You can apply for the Non O at Immigration, after entering VE or TV, subject to Immigrations requirements.

(Only 800K in a Thai bank, or an Embassy Income letter acceptable.)

Got me confused a bit here also.  The document you posted earlier, that is the requirements for obtaining the non-O in country, yes.  So what about item 6?

On 9/26/2024 at 9:01 AM, atpeace said:

Thanks and I did check with Sirindhorn Immigration.  Great office but they follow the instructions and aren't very flexible.  It has to be a pension but was told the boss lady "might" approve it if I showed here a statement and explained my situation.  I have a private pension(USA IRA) also that starts in 2026 which will also not meet the pension requirements. I tried to show them my bank balances so they would understand money isn't an issue but that didn't help.  

Your previous post acknowledging you are aware that using the income method, it should be from a pension.

It sounds as though your 'boss lady' may overlook the fact your source of income is not from a pension, with perhaps a 10K donation to the Xmas party fund.

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Got me confused a bit here also.  The document you posted earlier, that is the requirements for obtaining the non-O in country, yes.  So what about item 6?

Item 6 is in reference to the Embassy Income letter supplied by your Embassy as proof of income.
The OP is a US citizen and therefore cannot obtain such a letter.

13 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

When 3 Embassies stopped issuing Income letters, Immigration issued a new order in regard to 1 year extension of stay permitting as an alternative, proof of income via monthly overseas transfers to a Thai bank.

This alternative of proof of income was never added to the requirements for a Non O visa at Immigration.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

Your previous post acknowledging you are aware that using the income method, it should be from a pension.

It sounds as though your 'boss lady' may overlook the fact your source of income is not from a pension, with perhaps a 10K donation to the Xmas party fund.

Yes, but that in regards to applying for a Non-O within Thailand. You stated that wasn't possible and linked a document confirming an embassy income letter is required and this document was the same document the IO was referring to when I asked. 

You sent another link confirming at CW that income is accepted for extensions.

This is confusing but I now have a pretty good grasp, thanks to yourself and DRJack54,  of what "might" be possible depending numerous what ifs. 

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

You're failing to understand the differences in requirements.

To apply for a 1-year extension of stay, you first must have obtained a Non Imm O visa.

You can apply for that visa type at a Thai Embassy before entering Thailand, subject to the requirements of that Thai Embassy.
You can apply for the Non O at Immigration, after entering VE or TV, subject to Immigrations requirements.

(Only 800K in a Thai bank, or an Embassy Income letter acceptable.)

Having obtained the Non O, you can then later applying for the 1 year extension, (a permit, not a visa) subject to Immigrations requirements.

The financial requirement for applying for the Non O at Immigration does not accept 65K overseas transfers as evidence.

The financial requirements for a 1 year extension at Immigration, permits 12 x 65K monthly overseas transfers as evidence, but that proof of income is supposed to come from either a pension, investments or dividends. (Something you're aware of after speaking to your local IO and posting)

For the 1 year extension, proof of acceptable finances are:
800K in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application.
An Embassy Income letter.
Evidence of 12 monthly overseas transfer of 65K+ (proof of pension may be requested)

A combination of funds in a Thai bank + 12 monthly overseas transfers, totalling a min of 800K for the year.

I get what you are stating and if you reread my post, I'm in agreement.  I only got to this point because of yourself and Jack assistance.

I'm also stating you mentioned in another post above,  I could apply for a Non-O from  within Thailand  while on VE or TE as DrJack54 suggested above  using the income method.  Below is that post by you.

Your Quote:

Alternatively, you could apply for that in your home Country before entering Thailand, or as @DrJack54 proposed, apply for the Non O from Immigration once you arrive in Thailand. Insurance is not a requirement for the Non Imm O visa, or 1 year extensions.

DrJack54 thinks (depend on IO...)  I can apply from within Thailand and use 12x65k transfers for the extension.  Above you agree with him but in other posts you state this isn't possible and linked supporting documents.

Not a big deal and thanks for your help,

8 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I'm also stating you mentioned in another post above,  I could apply for a Non-O from  within Thailand  while on VE or TE as DrJack54 suggested above  using the income method.  Below is that post by you.

Your Quote:

Alternatively, you could apply for that in your home Country before entering Thailand, or as @DrJack54 proposed, apply for the Non O from Immigration once you arrive in Thailand. Insurance is not a requirement for the Non Imm O visa, or 1 year extensions.

Where have I mentioned the word 'income' in that quote.
I clearly stated the 65K overseas income transfer method 'was not' accepted for the Non O at Immigration.

The only evidence of income acceptable for the Non O at Immigration is the Embassy Income letter. 

16 minutes ago, atpeace said:

DrJack54 thinks (depend on IO...)  I can apply from within Thailand and use 12x65k transfers for the extension.

Using 800K funds in a Thai bank for the Non O application at Immigration.

Whether your IO will accept 12 x 65K overseas transfers for the 1 year extension where the source is not from a pension can only be answered by your Immigration office.

38 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Where have I mentioned the word 'income' in that quote.
I clearly stated the 65K overseas income transfer method 'was not' accepted for the Non O at Immigration.

The only evidence of income acceptable for the Non O at Immigration is the Embassy Income letter. 

You were referring to Jack's post below. 

Jack's post:

Yes that will work.

Keep in mind that you don't need to obtain the non O in Laos.

You can (from visa exempt or tourist visa entry) obtain non O at your local immigration office.

All that is required is 800k in Thai bank account in your name only on day of application.

That gives you a 90 day stamp.

In the last 30 days apply for 12 month extension using your 12 monthly transfers. 

Now I understand.  You missed the last sentence of Jack's post and still think that applying for a Non-O within Thailand isn't possible.  That is what my IO told me also.  They told me an Embassy Letter(I'm American so not possible ) or 800k.

Thanks to all the back and forth I have a firm grasp of what my options are a year from now.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Now I understand. 

I don't think you do.

13 minutes ago, atpeace said:

You missed the last sentence of Jack's post and still think that applying for a Non-O within Thailand isn't possible. 

Jack's last sentence referred to the extension, not the Non O visa.

Are you stating you think, or I think, that applying for the Non O within Thailand isn't possible.

What is it you think you extend for 12 months?

57 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

I don't think you do.

Jack's last sentence referred to the extension, not the Non O visa.

Are you stating you think, or I think, that applying for the Non O within Thailand isn't possible.

What is it you think you extend for 12 months?

No, you are correct and I'm wrong.

Applying for a Non-O within Thailand with 800k in the bank and the extension using 12x65k would work as long as pension is not required as the source. Applying for a Non-O from within Thailand while on a TV or VE  using 12x65k is most likely going to be declined I think.

I've been humbled! I really think I understand now and if not I beg you not to assist me any further because I'm starting t question my sanity 🤣 🙂

Edited by atpeace