Billy Eilish's "Birds of a Feather" - is it better than anything by the Beatles?

Cameroni

13 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Birds of a Feather is  undoubtedly the best song that came out this year. The song manages to sound upbeat and sad at the same time, every word is crafted to perfection and the harmonies, what can one say, genius.

Have the Beatles written anything that can compare with this masterpiece by Billy Eilish?

I just listened to it. It's o.k. Better than some of the rubbish out there but still rather ordinary.

Pointless to compare her to The Beatles.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Baht Simpson said:

I just listened to it. It's o.k. Better than some of the rubbish out there but still rather ordinary.

Ordinary? She takes the "love you till I die" and takes it literally...did you get the meaning of the words?

I'm honestly struggling to find a Beatles song that compares to this, maybe "Yesterday"?

• Haha 1

I want you to stay
'Til I'm in the grave
'Til I rot away, dead and buried
'Til I'm in the casket you carry

If you go, I'm going too, uh
'Cause it was always you, alright
And if I'm turning blue, please don't save me
Nothing left to lose without my baby

The audacity of this woman...she takes the "love you till I die" clichee and brings it to actual life.

The sang froid.
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

There is still progress in music making, but for us to feel the same as we did back when we where younger, is a bit tougher. 

We where young and fresh, with very little experiences and every new song somehow did fit our emotions and moods back those days. Now? stuck in the past? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

There is still progress in music making

That's how I felt when I heard this masterpiece by Billy Eilish.

There's a lot of talk about how today's music is awful, but this song, the harmonies, the crafted lyrics, the meaning...this is on a par with anything by the Beatles surely?

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

That's how I felt when I heard this masterpiece by Billy Eilish.

There's a lot of talk about how today's music is awful, but this song, the harmonies, the crafted lyrics, the meaning...this is on a par with anything by the Beatles surely?

Ed Sheran should go home with many here?

There is so many new good artists, but it takes a bit curiosity to find them and pay attention as we did back then when we where young and fresh, and often sit and listening to music because there where nothing else to do while sitting in a car or home in the evening, and we had only one channel. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cameroni said:
I want you to stay
'Til I'm in the grave

The audacity of this woman...she takes the "love you till I die" clichee and brings it to actual life.

The sang froid.

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There is still progress in music making, but for us to feel the same as we did back when we where younger, is a bit tougher. 

We where young and fresh, with very little experiences and every new song somehow did fit our emotions and moods back those days. Now? stuck in the past? 

Who's stuck in the past? I have the latest album from a current artist on pre-order. I listen to some current music but don't like a lot of it as I find most of it rather generic. That's o.k. as I'm not the target audience but don't tar us all with the same brush. 

If people get enjoyment out of music in any form that's fine by me. Listen to what you enjoy. 

• Agree 1

Christ standards are so low, at best its extremely  mediocre too many much better Beatles songs to mention Across the Universe for starters, Hey Bulldog and Mozarts Piano concerto for two pianos , George Michael way waaaaaaay  better.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Across the Universe for starter

You're comparing Across the Universe with this? 

You fall asleep listening to Across the Universe! It's more like sleep medicine than a song!

No, no, no, Birds of a Feather is way better. 

Just now, NoDisplayName said:

Garbage.

Pre-school melody.

Electronic drum machine.

Autotuned voice.

Don't compare her to Beatles.

Maybe Yoko...........

This is what's so astounding, they use electronic drum machine, but it actually sounds like music.

And Billy Eilish is actually belting. Can you not hear her belt? Higher than anyone has ever done before.

The harmonies are super complex btw, no way is this pre-school level.

Tell me one Beatles song that compares to this. I can only think of Yesterday. That's it, at a stretch.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Tell me one Beatles song that compares to this. I can only think of Yesterday. That's it, at a stretch.

Beatles song that compares to that mehness?

Honey Pie?

Ooops!  Wrong song.

This is Honey Pie.

I meant this one - WILD Honey Pie!

Edited by NoDisplayName

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:
I want you to stay
'Til I'm in the grave

The sang froid.

Sounds like she is promoting Swiss suicide pods

35 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Beatles song that compares to that mehness?

Honey Pie?

Ooops!  Wrong song.

This is Honey Pie.

I meant this one - WILD Honey Pie!

No offence, but that sounds like grandpa at the piano at the social club.

31 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Sounds like she is promoting Swiss suicide pods

It has nothing, but nothing, to do with suicide.

She is describing the overriding love she feels to the death, literally, which is a clichee brought to life. Very audacious.

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Billie is ok. Great supporter of Ukraine

Yes, I also thought she was just "ok", and of course politically she's as reprehensible as they come.

However, with this song, she will go down in history as a song writing genius. Even if Finneas  is really the brains, one has to admit in terms of music she is lightyears ahead of what's out there at the moment. Except for Kacey Musgraves possibly.

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Yes, I also thought she was just "ok", and of course politically she's as reprehensible as they come.

However, with this song, she will go down in history as a song writing genius. Even if Finneas  is really the brains, one has to admit in terms of music she is lightyears ahead of what's out there at the moment. Except for Kacey Musgraves possibly.

My 16 year daughter used to like her but has moved on now. Like I said. Her support for Ukraine is amazing 

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Christ standards are so low, at best its extremely  mediocre too many much better Beatles songs to mention Across the Universe for starters, Hey Bulldog and Mozarts Piano concerto for two pianos , George Michael way waaaaaaay  better.

Proper music play by real musicians. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Of course!  Wouldn't, couldn't comment otherwise.

Located it on YouTube and listened to as much as I could stomach before first comment.

Maybe you just don't understand it. This could help you

2 hours ago, Cameroni said:

You're comparing Across the Universe with this? 

You fall asleep listening to Across the Universe! It's more like sleep medicine than a song!

No, no, no, Birds of a Feather is way better. 

Is that a song about the Trump family?