Living in On Nut Sukhumvit 81

kingofallasians

1 hour ago, Griffo63 said:

Whlist Sukhumvit 81 is quite a scruffy and narrow soi - made worse by the fact its also a cut through from Soi 77 to Sukhumvit I think a lot will depend on which end the soi you live.  The Sukhumvit end is quite lively with lots of restaurants and a cinema in the Century Plaza, some lively bars and eating places just a short walk down Soi 50 (Beacon Place), a great Italian restaurant in Soi 79 which also boasts several massage places. There is a good gym in the Phyll  - soi 54 and of course a very big Lotus's adjacent to On Nut BTS station  - which has a good service to downtown - 5 stops to Phrom Phong/ 6 stops to Asoke and 7 stops to Nana. Not all gloom and doom if you choose the right end of the Soi

So, all the attractions of Soi 81 are not located in Soi 81.:smile:

3 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

The OP asks "Does anyone live in the On Nut Sukhumvit 81 area?  Is there a lot of stuff to do in the area?  Especially at night?" I tried to describe the "stuff" in the "area" not just the Soi.  I hope the OP found if helpful

Agreed

I was talking about soi 81

Edited by Lorry

I lived in a townhouse in Siripot Niwet on Soi 81. I really enjoyed living there.

The Century Mall is quite small, as Bangkok malls go, but it is decent and has a Tops.

The very accessible People Park mall, with Gourmet Foods and Wine Connection is also nice.

And, of course, the huge Lotus at the BTS station, which is also very convenient.

I like that it intersects with OnNut proper, but it does create some crazy traffic at times.

Taxis to "the action" were always available and always ran the meter.

The exact opposite of getting the return taxi.

Street food in the soi is lacking, but I think that is because of all that is available just meters away.

There always seemed to be a nice breeze where I lived and it never flooded.

(that is not true down the entire soi - we were on higher ground)

I guess my only real complaint was that, like so many sois, there was no sidewalk of any sort.