White Culture

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

So it's important to understand that the ICI is not a suitable marker for the intelligence of European White nations,

Who was claiming its a suitable marker for the intelligence of European White nations? Read my post again. I am quite aware of what ICI is as its clearly laid out in the link I supplied, without the need for your speculation on it being due to lecturers in Universities

Well, I was replying to someone who claimed that the adverse and harsh conditions in Europe created a people with higher ingenuity. I then replied that a problem with that claim is that Taiwanese, Japanese, Hong Kong Chinese, Chinese, Singaporeans, and South Koreans have a higher IQ than Europeans. And also that in Siberia the even harsher conditions would then have had to create an even more ingeneous people, but photography, x rays, or the telephone did not come out of Siberia.

So you then texted the ICI, because there the US and UK have a high ranking. However, as we have established, that index takes into consideration the work of non American and non British, indeed non Europe people, the finest lecturers in the elite universities.

So we agree basically that the ICI is not useful in supporting the claim that Europeans are more ingenous because of harsh conditions. Okay.

I don't have a "need" to "speculate" about whether or not the ranking of elite US and UK univerisities is due to non-American and non-British lecturers, that's an obvious fact. I've been in in Oxford and I can tell you it's the most international place you can imagine. If you take non-European people out of the UK or US universities, their rankings will drop. Considerably. I'm not speculating. That's a fact.

Edited by Cameroni

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

Well, I was replying to someone who claimed that the adverse and harsh conditions in Europe created a people with higher ingenuity. I then replied that a problem with that claim is that Taiwanese, Japanese, Hong Kong Chinese, Chinese, Singaporeans, and South Koreans have a higher IQ than Europeans. And also that in Siberia the even harsher conditions would then have had to create an even more ingeneous people, but photography, x rays, or the telephone did not come out of Siberia.

So you then texted the ICI, because there the US and UK have a high ranking. However, as we have established, that index takes into consideration the work of non American and non British, indeed non Europe people, the finest lecturers in the elite universities.

So we agree basically that the ICI is not useful in supporting the claim that Europeans are more ingenous because of harsh conditinos. Okay.

I don't have a "need" to "speculate" about whether or not the ranking of elite US and UK univerisities is due to non-American and non-British lecturers, that's an obvious fact. I've been in in Oxford and I can tell you it's the most international place you can imagine. If you take non-European people out of the UK or US universities, their ranks drop. Considerably. I'm not speculating. That's a fact.

Its nothing to do with me who you were replying to, my post was self explanatory and with link. Please do not now assume we basically agree. More speculation from you.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its nothing to do with me who you were replying to, my post was self explanatory and with link. Please do not now assume we basically agree. More speculation from you.

Well, given that the ICI is based in part on the quality of universities, and the elite universities in the US and UK depend on the contributions of non American and non UK people we must be agreeing that the ICI does not support the notion that Europeans are more ingenous.

Otherwise you would be talking nonsense. 

Just now, Cameroni said:

Well, given that the ICI is based in part on the quality of universities, and the elite universities in the US and UK depend on the contributions of non American and non UK people we must be agreeing that the ICI does not support the notion that Europeans are more ingenous.

Otherwise you would be talking nonsense. 

Here we go, can you provide a link that its because of the Asian lecturers other than your speculation...........no, because that's rubbish. But I will wait in anticipation

8 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So this is interesting.

I'm a latino, but like many of us I'm white as the driven snow, but with black hair.

I've grown up my whole life in the US, but I'm still latino. 

I can bounce between full blown white American and pseudo Mexican in a heartbeat, and in reality Mexican apart from the language is basically the same.

So what 'white' culture 'is' not exactly sure what that means

When I lived in San Diego I could go to the mall on a Saturday and probably half the people would have crossed the border from TJ, looking exactly like me talking Spanish, and basically 'white'

I would expect that Mexican culture would be influenced by Spanish heritage and US "white" culture would be influenced by British culture, but IMO American culture has very little resemblance to British culture now. US humour and British humour are in no way similar, IMO.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Cameroni said:

So why do Europeans not have a higher IQ than Taiwanese, Japanese, Singaporeans, Hong Kong Chinese, South Koreans, Chinese?

Not all the people in all countries have the same IQ

'IQ' is also an iffy measuring stick in any case

+ People in those countries are good at copying but not innovating - maybe or the same reason as Thais don't invent (apart from very creative BS 😉  

They can't / don't want to cause elders to lose face by being smarter than them hence no innovation - consensus huggers

I know it's currently trendy to hate on whites but without the genuinely great whites the rest of the world would be much worse off.

Not saying all whites should bask in the glory though - esp not ones resident  in Thailand

14 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Another problem with that argument is why are people in Siberia then not the most ingenous and intelligent? Why did photography, the telephone and x rays not come out of Siberia? Conditions are even harsher there, surely the people should be even more ingenous?

Siberia is the same as tropical countries - mono climate / weatther

My reasoning is/was sound - if you try any harder it'll just be trolling so...

Edited by BruceWayne

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I would expect that Mexican culture would be influenced by Spanish heritage and US "white" culture would be influenced by British culture, but IMO American culture has very little resemblance to British culture now. US humour and British humour are in no way similar, IMO.

Any examples of how US culture is so different to UK culture?

RE: humour:

Russell Brand appeared as lead in a US comedy.

James Corden (unfunny UK comedia) hosts talk shows in the US

Ricky Gervais paid lavishly to host at the GOlden Globes

FOR 11 YEARS IN a ROW

Enjoy:

Edited by BruceWayne

1 hour ago, BruceWayne said:

Not all the people in all countries have the same IQ

'IQ' is also an iffy measuring stick in any case

+ People in those countries are good at copying but not innovating - maybe or the same reason as Thais don't invent (apart from very creative BS 😉  

They can't / don't want to cause elders to lose face by being smarter than them hence no innovation - consensus huggers

I know it's currently trendy to hate on whites but without the genuinely great whites the rest of the world would be much worse off.

Not saying all whites should bask in the glory though - esp not ones resident  in Thailand

Siberia is the same as tropical countries - mono climate / weatther

My reasoning is/was sound - if you try any harder it'll just be trolling so...

If you look back on the history of German industry, it started out copying British products. That's why "Made in Germany" was introduced by the British. It was meant as a warning. Don't buy this, it's a shoddy German product. The British could not fathom that German products would eventually become better than British ones. Eventually Made in Germany became a mark of quality. 

Just like the British then you think the Chinese are just copyists. But in time they will be the innovators. They already file more patents than the US. The Japanese showed the same development. And the same will happen with Thailand, eventually. Given time. 

History does not support this notion that only Europeans have a Monopoly on innovation and invention. It shows the opposite. 

And this notion that a harsh environment created an extra special white race more ingenious than others, again is the climate in Siberia not harsher by far? Why did Siberians not develop this technology gap? Or the Eskimos, by all accounts a harsher life, no technology gap there. The technology gap has other reasons. 

I'm not hating on whites. I'm just being realistic. I thought like you. Harsh climate. Greater IQ. 

Then I read the bell curve. The best book on IQ I ever read. Turns out Asians are ahead of us. Of course the IQ measurement went through a development stage. However, IQ is a fantastic predictor. It has correlations that are astounding. It is still the best predictor of scholastic and indeed professional success. There is a reason the US army routinely tests IQs of new recruits. 

Edited by Cameroni
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BruceWayne said:

This is why proper Europeans *were* TOPS and invented the modern world.
Our forefathers needed to exercise ingenuity over generations - otherwise they'd have died due to the harsh conditions.

In hot countries you it was Easy St - at least easily accessible fruit and plant foot all year round - not so in Northern Europe where people had to PLAN AHEAD OR DIE hence they evolved to be smarter than others.

People might not like to acknowledge it but it is what is though I'm in now way asserting that all westerners all of much use -

Tough times create tough men... Easy times create weak men hence here we are.

That's rubbish...by this logic the Chukchas in Siberia would be the most innovative people on earth.

Singapore on the equator is far more innovative and developed than many countries in Europe, they have two universities in the top 20 in the world, outstanding achievement for a country of 5 million people.

And in the world IQ ranking most of the countries are Asian, none of them near the North Pole.

47 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

If you look back on the history of German industry, it started out copying British products. That's why "Made in Germany" was introduced by the British. It was meant as a warning. Don't buy this, it's a shoddy German product. The British could not fathom that German products would eventually become better than British ones. Eventually Made in Germany became a mark of quality. 

Just like the British then you think the Chinese are just copyists. But in time they will be the innovators. They already file more patents than the US. The Japanese showed the same development. And the same will happen with Thailand, eventually. Given time. 

History does not support this notion that only Europeans have a Monopoly on innovation and invention. It shows the opposite. 

And this notion that a harsh environment created an extra special white race more ingenious than others, again is the climate in Siberia not harsher by far? Why did Siberians not develop this technology gap? Or the Eskimos, by all accounts a harsher life, no technology gap there. The technology gap has other reasons. 

I'm not hating on whites. I'm just being realistic. I thought like you. Harsh climate. Greater IQ. 

Then I read the bell curve. The best book on IQ I ever read. Turns out Asians are ahead of us. Of course the IQ measurement went through a development stage. However, IQ is a fantastic predictor. It has correlations that are astounding. It is still the best predictor of scholastic and indeed professional success. There is a reason the US army routinely tests IQs of new recruits. 

The superior German products were the real reason for the WWI, Germany had to be "contained". That also led us to the WWII.

Now another country needs to be contained, prepare for WW3.

3 hours ago, BruceWayne said:

Why exclude those in Thailand? They are intelligent enough to dump the western country they come from and move to a better country.

The only reason I'm not there is my country refuses to give me my pension in LOS, so I'm trapped.

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

The Japanese showed the same development.

When I was young Japanese products were a joke they were so bad. By the time I grew up they made the best on the planet. I bought a Japanese socket set which cost a great deal of money, because it was better than British best. Makita make tools as good or better than the competition, but they cost a lot, so I usually by cheap junk like B & D as I can probably buy 3 of them for the same price as a Makita equivalent.

3 hours ago, BruceWayne said:

Any examples of how US culture is so different to UK culture?

RE: humour:

Russell Brand appeared as lead in a US comedy.

James Corden (unfunny UK comedia) hosts talk shows in the US

Ricky Gervais paid lavishly to host at the GOlden Globes

FOR 11 YEARS IN a ROW

Enjoy:

If you don't know that US and British humour is different I see no point in spending my time to educate you.