Chris kristofferson pass’s on

3NUMBAS

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/kris-kristofferson-dead-1107074/

Good article.

Hadn't thought about him in a long time, but there went my morning. Major talent, unusual and unlikely.

“What a great loss, what a great writer. What a great actor, what a great friend,” Dolly Parton said in a statement. “I will always love you.”

He quietly announced his retirement from touring, recording, and acting in January 2021.

In Hawaii.

In 1970, Kristofferson bought property in Hana, a secluded town on the Hawaiian island of Maui.

I've driven that insane little road leading way out to Hana and spent a night there. Very special place. I know he enjoyed his time there.

Kristofferson and Joplin shared her house in Mill Valley, California, for a while, where jam sessions with fellow musicians, actors, and others were commonplace. (He played the Isle of Wight Festival in the summer of 1970, sharing the final day’s bill with Jimi Hendrix, who would die from an overdose just a few weeks later.)

Inspired by both Larry Gatlin’s “Help Me” and an altar call while visiting a church with country singer Connie Smith at a desperately low point in his life, Kristofferson’s “Why Me” reached Number One on the country chart and spent 19 weeks on the pop survey as well, becoming one of the bestselling singles of the year.

“I don’t think I’m that good a singer,” he told Rolling Stone. “I can’t think of a song that I’ve written that I don’t like the way somebody else sings it better.”

His wife, who really helped in latter years:

She balked at calling herself Kristofferson’s manager though. “He’s unmanageable. You can’t manage him,” she told Rolling Stone. “Even if someone tells him to have a good day, he’ll say, ‘Don’t tell me what to do.'”