Is Thailand Value for money

Celsius

18 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Lucky you don't use the roads.

Fortunate for you they built government hospitals.

Immigration offices are only there for foreigners, (like you).

Guessing there are no street lights where you live?

And the list goes on..................

You forgot the air you breathe 

44 minutes ago, Celsius said:

You forgot the air you breathe 

And you seem to have forgotten everything that at the moment you don't pay tax for, why not be grateful instead of whinging?

8 hours ago, gearbox said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_millionaires

Most of the wealth of these millionaires is tied to their home, illiquid asset, so the majority of these millionaires need to stay where they are, and pay "millionaires" prices for everything.

For example if 5% of these millionaires try to sell their house and move somewhere else, they may find that they are not millionaires anymore, as the house prices will plummet, as there are not enough millionaires to buy them.

I would question your first sentence but I welcome any statistics you have to back up your claim.  I know about a dozen US millionaires, half of whom I am fairly familiar with their financials, and their homes make up about half of their million in assets, not 'most'.  The other half would be stocks, 401ks, mutual funds, cars, furnishings, etc., other investments, and, in 3 or 4 cases, gold.  

One example, of those I know.   School teacher, retired, age 74.  She has the two things I mentioned in my earlier post.  1.  Greatest Generation parents.  2.  Homeowner.  She inherited money in the form of stocks from her parents in 2019.  At the time the stocks were worth about $300,000.  They are now worth $428,000.  

Like many Americans, she purchased a home during her working years, which she now owns mortgage-free.  The home has increased in value over the last 35 or 40 years and is now worth about $500,000.   She and her husband, who did pool maintenance, own 2 cars with a combined value of about $50,000.  They also own a large boat.  I have no idea of the value but I have been on it and you can sleep aboard it.  Let's say $50,000. 

I think we are over 1 million already and I haven't figured in her husband's assets--he also inherited money from Greatest Generation parents.  He and I have talked stocks and I know he also has a stock portfolio, which likely has grown, along with his wife's.   

The key takeaway from my example is how ordinary these two are.  Neither had an exotic, super high-paying job.  Neither won the lottery.  Neither, as far as I know, bought Apple at $22 a share when it went public.   Neither did anything special except lucking out with GG parents and wisely buying a home.   I think a good chunk of America's millionaires would be variations of this example.

Your second sentence makes little sense.   Millionaires in the US are scattered all over, not lumped in one place.  If 5% chose to sell at one time, the 5% would also be scattered all over, with little, if any, impact on the market.  It could be that 5% of millionaires' homes are already on the market at any given time--I'm too lazy to check as it's not worth bothering with.  

I also don't think millionaires have any more trouble selling their homes than anyone else does, should they choose to--especially with the number of millionaires growing every year--500,000 in 2019, for example.  If a home is just half of someone's million in assets, as I think it is for many, the house selling would be in the 500,000 dollar range, a normal price in many places in the US and not a bridge too far for a lot of buyers.

24 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

And you seem to have forgotten everything that at the moment you don't pay tax for, why not be grateful instead of whinging?

Another massive bootlicker.

Actually everyone in Thailand pays tax, including tourists.

It is called VAT.

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

It isn't that we think you definitely don't know anything about nutrition. Your replies show us how little you do know about certain things on nutrition, or aren't open minded enough to research beyond what someone might have told you. 60 years in the food business and 50+ in the fitness and nutrition business kinda speaks volumes. Another nonsense, rubbish, clownish link you won't read.............https://www.verywellfit.com/cheeseburger-nutrition-facts-and-healthier-swaps-4109684.

Nowhere in the linked article is it stated that cheeseburgers are healthy 😊 It just comes up with ideas to make them LESS UNHEALTHY. Removing the things that make a cheeseburger tasty in the first place.

There were none of those caveats when you recommended them as a healthy food to @thaibeachlovers

Now all of a sudden he has to make them at home with special ingredients 😊 I guess it's the same story with your other suggestions 😊 Skip the BBQ sauce on the Texas Ribs(where should he have found those anyway?)? 😊 Use an air fryer for the shrimp scampi? 😊 

It obvious that you are short of a sandwich for your picnic and that you are unable to admit that you made a mistake. You cannot find even a single reference to substantiate your claim. Only link after link that confirm exactly the opposite 😊

Anyway, only a complete retard would want a 'healthy' cheeseburger. If I have one, I want the meat to be juicy with a high quality cheese such as a Gruyère. That's the point. It's not something that you'll eat every day because it's not a health food, it's a tasty food.

That's where you went wrong, claiming they were 'healthy' foods, as opposed to 'tasty' foods. Then you might have had some agreement. Instead you just made yourself look like a crazy....again 😊

https://michaelkummer.com/is-pizza-healthy/

Take it easy man. Don't stretch the same stupid argument into another day. Admit(at least to yourself) that you might have made a mistake. It's okay, we are human. We make mistakes and learn from them.

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm thinking you can't understand that you can make your own burgers, healthy, at home, or find a few places here in Thailand that cooks them with good ingredients. Logic seems to escape you. Here's another link you won't read.............https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/can-burgers-be-healthy/

So were you suggesting to @thaibeachlovers to make everything at home.

Do you have any recommendation as to where he can obtain these foods in healthy form? 😊

I am interested. Please direct me to the places that make healthy versions of the foodstuffs you mentioned.

If you can, then maybe we can incorporate value for money in Thailand into the conversation 😊

58 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Nowhere in the linked article is it stated that cheeseburgers are healthy 😊 It just comes up with ideas to make them LESS UNHEALTHY. Removing the things that make a cheeseburger tasty in the first place.

There were none of those caveats when you recommended them as a healthy food to @thaibeachlovers

Now all of a sudden he has to make them at home with special ingredients 😊 I guess it's the same story with your other suggestions 😊 Skip the BBQ sauce on the Texas Ribs(where should he have found those anyway?)? 😊 Use an air fryer for the shrimp scampi? 😊 

It obvious that you are short of a sandwich for your picnic and that you are unable to admit that you made a mistake. You cannot find even a single reference to substantiate your claim. Only link after link that confirm exactly the opposite 😊

Anyway, only a complete retard would want a 'healthy' cheeseburger. If I have one, I want the meat to be juicy with a high quality cheese such as a Gruyère. That's the point. It's not something that you'll eat every day because it's not a health food, it's a tasty food.

That's where you went wrong, claiming they were 'healthy' foods, as opposed to 'tasty' foods. Then you might have had some agreement. Instead you just made yourself look like a crazy....again 😊

https://michaelkummer.com/is-pizza-healthy/

Take it easy man. Don't stretch the same stupid argument into another day. Admit(at least to yourself) that you might have made a mistake. It's okay, we are human. We make mistakes and learn from them.

Making them healthier means they are now healthier. It doesn't mean they are basically an unhealthy dish. Many people put things on a burger that makes it un healthy. The basic ingredients of a burger are? Beef, cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, bun, pickle, These are not un healthy ingredients. Do you understand now? They are not "special" ingredients. Again, it is what some people put on them that makes them un healthier.BBQ sauce on BBQ is not un healthy. You use too much, it's more sugar calories. Do you understand? You have been wrong all along and are still trying to point that finger at me. You aren't too bright it seems, especially where nutrition is concerned. I have been doing this 50 plus years and I'm as healthy as any healthy teenager. Everyone I have ever helped with diet advice has made progress, and those that have stayed with it are now still healthy, including all my children. Do you understand?

I did not go wrong but you sure have. You're trying to tell someone with 50 years experience their game, while you seem to know very little about it, and I'm not sure you  follow your own advice in healthy eating. I do, and have, all these years, and I showed my results earlier. You really need help, thinking you're the one that's right here, but I'm used to narcissists, as they are everywhere worldwide, and they all act the same.

Understand also this. I never said to eat these things all the time, every day etc. Some food is high in calories, which isn't something most people would like to eat all the time, seeing how many overweight people there are worldwide. You limit these foods. This does not mean they are un healthy because they are higher in calories than other food dishes. You are arguing with someone that obviously has done this for a very long time. I know myself, and those I've helped. We are healthy and lean, for 50 years. That says something to anyone not a dolt. I don't know you, how you eat, how much body fat you have, or if you're  a chain smoking drunk, and a hypocrite. You may be lean, and know the basics on what to eat. This does not mean you can judge someone who does this for a living for 30 years and for himself for 50.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Funny....I tell you about my energy supply needs during training and you try to make it about you, again. 😊

Instead of simply asking, like a normal human being, you prefer to act like you know everything 😊

I'm simply illuminating your traits. 

spacer.png

Yes, that describes you to a T, as I have all along.

41 minutes ago, NowNow said:

So were you suggesting to @thaibeachlovers to make everything at home.

Do you have any recommendation as to where he can obtain these foods in healthy form? 😊

I am interested. Please direct me to the places that make healthy versions of the foodstuffs you mentioned.

If you can, then maybe we can incorporate value for money in Thailand into the conversation 😊

You skim, and have all along. I mentioned that he can get them here, but I guess you missed that. Read this a few times, as comprehension seems to be one of your shortcomings. You ask the restaurant to put what you want on the cheeseburger. You ask them what type of beef they use. You don't add extras like too much cheese, sauces, mayo. This is how I, and those that want to eat healthy, eat out. I have cheeseburgers at Leo's and the Hong Kong Garden in Sisaket province. Good, basic , healthy ingredients. This is the same as many countrywide, from what I see and hear from friends that eat all over Thailand. You ask what they use, you don't put un healthy things on. Pretty simple, actually things I learned when I started lifting weights in 1974, and reading all I could on bodybuilding principles. Those that choose to stay lean and healthy. I'm surprised an adult cannot get the gist of this, but you can research more, and talk less.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You skim, and have all along. I mentioned that he can get them here, but I guess you missed that. Read this a few times, as comprehension seems to be one of your shortcomings. You ask the restaurant to put what you want on the cheeseburger. You ask them what type of beef they use. You don't add extras like too much cheese, sauces, mayo. This is how I, and those that want to eat healthy, eat out. I have cheeseburgers at Leo's and the Hong Kong Garden in Sisaket province. Good, basic , healthy ingredients. This is the same as many countrywide, from what I see and hear from friends that eat all over Thailand. You ask what they use, you don't put un healthy things on. Pretty simple, actually things I learned when I started lifting weights in 1974, and reading all I could on bodybuilding principles. Those that choose to stay lean and healthy. I'm surprised an adult cannot get the gist of this, but you can research more, and talk less.

Your post are becoming obnoxious.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You are lucky you got cheese. 

I bought a pizza on walking street..... NO CHEESE. 

It should be against the law to sell a pizza without cheese. 

a no cheese pizza... is that some sort of vegan BS ?

50 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Funny....I tell you about my energy supply needs during training and you try to make it about you, again. 😊

Instead of simply asking, like a normal human being, you prefer to act like you know everything 😊

I'm simply illuminating your traits. 

spacer.png

I'm what's called an empath. Look it up. I help others, all the time, all my life. Narcs don't. That's where they are self centered. I admit when I'm wrong. You haven't, actually either thinking you're right, arguing with someone who's done this all his life, or refusing to admit you've been wrong because of a lack of sense, or maybe just lack of knowledge and naive. I don't need admiration, just respect, as I show others. I don't control anyone, ever. I do point out when someone is wrong in an argument. That makes it a learning experience for those that aren't narcissists, because they never admit they're wrong, as you have acted here. I don't think I'm better than anyone as a human. I know quite a lot about some topics, and obviously more than you  , so I pointed that out. You still think you're right, this after I posted more links that you probably didn't bother to read through, or just skim through. Many of these traits are what you're been doing throughout this topic. If the shoe fits.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Your post are becoming obnoxious.

Are you his mom? I'm giving advice, if you have read what I wrote. He's disputing it, because he doesn't understand the nutrition value of these foods people eat, here and worldwide. I've been helping people with diet and exercise advice for 50 years. This isn't obnoxious and you don't have to read them.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Are you his mom? I'm giving advice, if you have read what I wrote. He's disputing it, because he doesn't understand the nutrition value of these foods people eat, here and worldwide. I've been helping people with diet and exercise advice for 50 years. This isn't obnoxious and you don't have to read them.

Who are you helping by telling that Texas BBQ ribs, cheeseburgers and shrimp scampi and healthy foods?

Did you assess @thaibeachlovers condition before doing so?

You aren't helping anyone other than trying to feed your own ego.

You just talk about you, you, you. Obnoxious is correct.

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Who are you helping by telling that Texas BBQ ribs, cheeseburgers and shrimp scampi and healthy foods?

Did you assess @thaibeachlovers condition before doing so?

You aren't helping anyone other than trying to feed your own ego.

You just talk about you, you, you. Obnoxious is correct.

Go back to your first reply, asking me to tell you how to make these foods healthy. That's what I did. Then you asked how they can do it here. I said either do it yourself at home, or ask about the ingredients they use in restaurants here, and don't add un healthy ones. I offered suggestions on how to keep them healthy.You're the one that kept on, asking me to prove what I've said. I posted links. You disputed evidence anyone could understand. You said you needed 3x the food because you were a "world class something". I replied, because working out is what I've been doing for 50 years, along with eating healthy. I'm not feeding anything but disputing your errors. You keep coming back, so this shows you're being obnoxious as you can't admit you might be wrong I offered proof. You said it's nonsense. Do you understand now?  People are going to eat what they want and most don't eat very healthy, with the proof all over as far as diseases and being overweight are concerned. I gave solid advice IF you wanted to eat those foods. All anyone has to do to eat right is to read some data on nutrition. I've done this all my life because I want to be healthy. You're going on and on, trying to prove cheeseburgers and lasagne aren't healthy. Do you actually think most people care? They're going to eat them because they like the tastes. Those that want a healthy way to eat can find places, or better yet, to make Thailand a better place for value, make therm at home.

Edited by fredwiggy

13 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm what's called an empath. Look it up. I help others, all the time, all my life. Narcs don't. That's where they are self centered. I admit when I'm wrong. You haven't, actually either thinking you're right, arguing with someone who's done this all his life, or refusing to admit you've been wrong because of a lack of sense, or maybe just lack of knowledge and naive. I don't need admiration, just respect, as I show others. I don't control anyone, ever. I do point out when someone is wrong in an argument. That makes it a learning experience for those that aren't narcissists, because they never admit they're wrong, as you have acted here. I don't think I'm better than anyone as a human. I know quite a lot about some topics, and obviously more than you  , so I pointed that out. You still think you're right, this after I posted more links that you probably didn't bother to read through, or just skim through. Many of these traits are what you're been doing throughout this topic. If the shoe fits.

If you admit when you are wrong, then why don't you admit it now. You told @thaibeachlovers to try Texas BBQ ribs, cheeseburgers, shrimp scampi.... there were no caveats with regard to making them at home and modifying the ingredients.

Now all of a sudden, you are linking us to pages that recommended that we remove the cheese or just have half of a bun....and then you accuse me of skimming articles you obviously haven't read yourself 😊

Normal cheeseburger meat has 20% fat. Add the cheese to that figure. Then there's perhaps sugar in the bun and various other additives.  

Articles suggest trying to make it less unhealthy, but in your mind it means it has become a health food 😊

You made a mistake.  Why is it so hard for you to admit it? If I make a mistake, I don't double down on it. 

As a musician, if you play a bum note, you don't go back and play it again and again, insisting that it's the right note, when everyone can hear and feel that it's wrong. 

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Go back to your first reply, asking me to tell you how to make these foods healthy. That's what I did. Then you asked how they can do it here. I said either do it yourself at home, or ask about the ingredients they use in restaurants here, and don't add un healthy ones. I offered suggestions on how to keep them healthy.You're the one that kept on, asking me to prove what I've said. I posted links. You disputed evidence anyone could understand. You said you needed 3x the food because you were a "world class something". I replied, because working out is what I've been doing for 50 years, along with eating healthy. I'm not feeding anything but disputing your errors. You keep coming back, so this shows you're being obnoxious as you can't admit you might be wrong I offered proof. You said it's nonsense. Do you understand now?  People are going to eat what they want and most don't eat very healthy, with the proof all over as far as diseases and being overweight are concerned. I gave solid advice IF you wanted to eat those foods. All anyone has to do to eat right is to read some data on nutrition. I've done this all my life because I want to be healthy. You're going on and on, trying to prove cheeseburgers and lasagne aren't healthy. Do you actually think most people care? They're going to eat them because they like the tastes. Those that want a healthy way to eat can find places, or better yet, to make Thailand a better place for value, make therm at home.

Why would tell someone that certain foods are healthy, when they are not? You have admitted that they need to be modified to make them less unhealthy. So by that admission, they are not healthy foods normally. Don't you 'get' that?

• Sad 1

Just now, NowNow said:

If you admit when you are wrong, then why don't you admit it now. You told @thaibeachlovers to try Texas BBQ ribs, cheeseburgers, shrimp scampi.... there were no caveats with regard to making them at home and modifying the ingredients.

Now all of a sudden, you are linking us to pages that recommended that we remove the cheese or just have half of a bun....and then you accuse me of skimming articles you obviously haven't read yourself 😊

Normal cheeseburger meat has 20% fat. Add the cheese to that figure. Then there's perhaps sugar in the bun and various other additives.  

Articles suggest trying to make it less unhealthy, but in your mind it means it has become a health food 😊

You made a mistake.  Why is it so hard for you to admit it? If I make a mistake, I don't double down on it. 

As a musician, if you play a bum note, you don't go back and play it again and again, insisting that it's the right note, when everyone can hear and feel that it's wrong. 

You, again, asked me how these foods can be healthy. I showed how. You haven't read all of my posts. I did say they are high in calories. This does not mean un healthy. It means you limit them if you need to lose or maintain your weight. Again, since you're still missing the point. You ask the restaurants what goes in their food, before you eat it. You still think these foods are un healthy. They aren't IF they are made healthy. A person can make a salad un healthy by loading on high sugar, fat and calorie dressing. The basic ingredients in a burger are, again, healthy. 20% fat isn't un healthy. It's again, not something you should eat everyday. This is another point you've been missing. You can save fat and calories by using 93% lean beef.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NowNow said:

He didn't make a mistake at all. 

The average fat content in a hamburger patty is not 20% fat. It's 20 g of fat. That's about 14% on an average sized burger. Sugar content is only 4.4 g, including the bun.

Calories are 418. 

To make a burger healthier indeed you should indeed do it at home.

How is he wrong in anything he said?

https://www.verywellfit.com/hamburger-nutrition-facts-calories-and-healthier-swaps-4111280#:~:text=One hamburger contains about 20.9,fat like butter or oil.

• Agree 1

Just now, NowNow said:

Why would tell someone that certain foods are healthy, when they are not? You have admitted that they need to be modified to make them less unhealthy. So by that admission, they are not healthy foods normally. Don't you 'get' that?

READ! Basic burger ingredients are not un healthy. You aren't modifying it unless you are adding un healthy ingredients. READ this again. I have been doing this for 50 years, and helped thousands. Have you? Everyone I have ever helped with advice on what to eat and not to eat has made progress. Lost fat, gained strength, helped rid themselves of diseases. This is because my advice is sound. I'm not telling people to eat cheeseburgers everyday. it was YOU that said how are these foods healthy. I told you, but you still don't understand. Try reading up on what makes a diet healthy. I've followed it  all of my life, and don't have any health problems, so I'm guessing it works.

Just now, Cameroni said:

The average fat content in a hamburger patty is not 20% fat. It's 20 g of fat. That's about 14% on an average sized burger. Sugar content is only 4.4 g, including the bun.

Calories are 418. 

https://www.verywellfit.com/hamburger-nutrition-facts-calories-and-healthier-swaps-4111280#:~:text=One hamburger contains about 20.9,fat like butter or oil.

This all started when I mentioned that NYC pizza was some of the best worldwide. He went to Italy and said it's better there, arguing against a fact I stated. He was proven wrong, and has been after me ever since, along with a couple of his cronies. Trollers. Narcissists that will never admit they're wrong, and will argue to the death their side, no matter how much you show proof  to offset their statements. I like to help people with their diets, because it's what I've done all my life, and I fully understand that people like to eat and some pay the price for eating too much, or the wrong foods. This is why I offer a different way to both enjoy food and stay healthy.

4 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Calories are 418. 

Yes.

This is what he wrote:

There is no mention of @thaibeachlovers making the products at home.

On 10/4/2024 at 11:52 PM, fredwiggy said:

Food isn't bad for us unless we east junk food, especially all the time. There is a lot of delicious healthy and somewhat healthy food out there, as it's all I've ever eaten besides the occasional junk food. Try Texas BBQ, New York style pizza, Shrimp Scampi, Lasagne (homemade), Australian, Texas, or a myriad of other cheeseburgers, Broiled Swordfish, and a host of others who might have some extra calories but are still healthy food.

Are those health foods to you?

Even going by your figures, is a cheeseburger a healthy food? You left out the 9 grams of fat for the cheese. So that is 29 grams of fat just for the patty and the cheese.

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

This all started when I mentioned that NYC pizza was some of the best worldwide. He went to Italy and said it's better there, arguing against a fact I stated. He was proven wrong, and has been after me ever since, along with a couple of his cronies. Trollers. Narcissists that will never admit they're wrong, and will argue to the death their side, no matter how much you show proof  to offset their statements. I like to help people with their diets, because it's what I've done all my life, and I fully understand that people like to eat and some pay the price for eating too much, or the wrong foods. This is why I offer a different way to both enjoy food and stay healthy.

No. That was a separate discussion a long time ago and even you conceded that it was in fact copies of Neapolitan pizza that was voted the best in the USA. NYC pizza did not figure at all in the rankings.

Apart from that, if you do not understand that 50toppizza is an exercise in marketing and little to do with the pizza itself, then I don't know what else to tell you.

What are the assessment criteria for 50TopPizza?

the pizza. It must be, above all, good and digestible regardless of the style adopted by the pizzeria. ...

the service. ...

the space, ambiance and décor. ...

the wait. ...

the wine. ...

the beer. ...

Beverages.

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

Yes.

This is what he wrote:

Even going by your figures, is a cheeseburger a healthy food? You left out the 9 grams of fat for the cheese. So that is 29 grams of fat just for the patty and the cheese.

Thanks for posting the line in dispute. No, these are not traditional health foods. Though they all sound delicious. Having said that, you can barbecue healthy meats in a Texas BBQ style, shrimp is not unhealthy unless prepared wrong, burgers we already had a look at in detail.

The one really questionable food I see there is NY style Pizza, though I suspect he meant eating it in moderation as he clarified not to eat junk food all the time.

I hear what you're saying, and I understand your objection. Surely it is all about "quantity" though? If you eat a cheesburger, let's say you do eat 29 grams of fat, so what? Remember you're supposed to eat 45–78 grams  of fat each day for a healthy diet. The body needs fat.

If you eat a slice or a third or half of a NY style pizza you're fine, if you eat one cheeseburger you're fine, if you eat one slice of Lasagna you're fine, if you eat a moderate amount of ribs, you are fine. It's all about quantity, ie dosage, surely?

Just now, NowNow said:

Yes.

This is what he wrote:

Read this line again.............."Food isn't bad for us unless we eat junk food, especially all the time. There is a lot of delicious healthy and somewhat healthy food out there," Look back and read what you first asked...............Explain to me how these foods are healthy..............I told you that the basic ingredients of these foods are indeed healthy. You are still not understanding this. I mentioned asking what any particular place used in their ingredients.  People are what makes a lot of food un healthy choices. Things THEY add to them.  You can go out and eat a cheeseburger, leaving out mayo, carmelized onions and too much of any sauce, and it's basically a healthy meal. You add french fries and a shake, you ruin it. Is this too hard for you to comprehend? Look at what the world eats, and you're actually arguing with someone who's done this all his life, with good results, and who's trying to give suggestions on how to eat delicious AND healthy.