Is Thailand Value for money

Celsius

16 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

READ! Basic burger ingredients are not un healthy. You aren't modifying it unless you are adding un healthy ingredients. READ this again. I have been doing this for 50 years, and helped thousands. Have you? Everyone I have ever helped with advice on what to eat and not to eat has made progress. Lost fat, gained strength, helped rid themselves of diseases. This is because my advice is sound. I'm not telling people to eat cheeseburgers everyday. it was YOU that said how are these foods healthy. I told you, but you still don't understand. Try reading up on what makes a diet healthy. I've followed it  all of my life, and don't have any health problems, so I'm guessing it works.

Go back through your posts in this thread and count how many times you have praised yourself.

Why not just once? You have repeated the same thing at least TEN times. Is that normal?

Just saying...

Just now, Cameroni said:

Thanks for posting the line in dispute. No, these are not traditional health foods. Though they all sound delicious. Having said that, you can barbecue healthy meats in a Texas BBQ style, shrimp is not unhealthy unless prepared wrong, burgers we already had a look at in detail.

The one really questionable food I see there is NY style Pizza, though I suspect he meant eating it in moderation as he clarified not to eat junk food all the time.

I hear what you're saying, and I understand your objection. Surely it is all about "quantity" though? If you eat a cheesburger, let's say you do eat 29 grams of fat, so what? Remember you're supposed to eat 45–78 grams  of fat each day for a healthy diet. The body needs fat.

If you eat a slice or a third or half of a NY style pizza you're fine, if you eat one cheeseburger you're fine, if you eat one slice of Lasagna you're fine, if you eat a moderate amount of ribs, you are fine. It's all about quantity, ie dosage, surely?

That's what I mean, and what he's not getting. The basic ingredients of these foods aren't bad, unless you eat them a lot . They'll make the average person gain weight, but that alone doesn't make them un healthy choices. People usually get fat from too much sugars, fried foods and fatty choices.

Just now, NowNow said:

Go back through your posts in this thread and count how many times you have praised yourself.

Why not just once? You have repeated the same thing at least TEN times. Is that normal?

Just saying...

It isn't praising myself showing I've had good results from my habits. It's me giving that knowledge to others so they can have those good  results also. I'm usually posting here to help. Everyone has smarts about some things.

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Read this line again.............."Food isn't bad for us unless we eat junk food, especially all the time. There is a lot of delicious healthy and somewhat healthy food out there," Look back and read what you first asked...............Explain to me how these foods are healthy..............I told you that the basic ingredients of these foods are indeed healthy. You are still not understanding this. I mentioned asking what any particular place used in their ingredients.  People are what makes a lot of food un healthy choices. Things THEY add to them.  You can go out and eat a cheeseburger, leaving out mayo, carmelized onions and too much of any sauce, and it's basically a healthy meal. You add french fries and a shake, you ruin it. Is this too hard for you to comprehend? Look at what the world eats, and you're actually arguing with someone who's done this all his life, with good results, and who's trying to give suggestions on how to eat delicious AND healthy.

22 hours ago, NowNow said:

Can you break it down, explaining to me what makes New York style pizza healthy food...or in fact any of what you have mentioned other than the swordfish?

Is what I asked. You haven't given a satisfactory reply yet.

So far, according to @Cameroni, there is 29 grams of fat just in the patty and cheese. That's without any condiments. Do you dispute these figures?

19 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

This all started when I mentioned that NYC pizza was some of the best worldwide. He went to Italy and said it's better there, arguing against a fact I stated. He was proven wrong, and has been after me ever since, along with a couple of his cronies. Trollers. Narcissists that will never admit they're wrong, and will argue to the death their side, no matter how much you show proof  to offset their statements. I like to help people with their diets, because it's what I've done all my life, and I fully understand that people like to eat and some pay the price for eating too much, or the wrong foods. This is why I offer a different way to both enjoy food and stay healthy.

You brought the discussion back on topic, we found one item that is not good value in Thailand. Pizza.

Personally, I like both NY style and Neapolitan pizza. The best I had was in L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele in London, which is Neapolitan but I had atrocious pizza in Italy, Venice and wonderful pizza in Cebu. You can get great pizza in NY and in London and Naples, that's not worth fighting about really.

I would certainly think you have to enjoy your diet to be able to stick to it. Should you eat ten cheesburger a week, obviously not. If you eat one a week, will it cause you a heart attack? Unlikely.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

It isn't praising myself showing I've had good results from my habits. It's me giving that knowledge to others so they can have those good  results also. I'm usually posting here to help. Everyone has smarts about some things.

What knowledge have you given us in asserting that 

Try Texas BBQ, New York style pizza, Shrimp Scampi, Lasagne (homemade), Australian, Texas, or a myriad of other cheeseburgers...

are healthy foods.

Note that in your listing, Lasagne is the ONLY ONE listed as homemade. Which is why I haven't mentioned it 😊

Just now, Cameroni said:

You brought the discussion back on topic, we found one item that is not good value in Thailand. Pizza.

Personally, I like both NY style and Neapolitan pizza. The best I had was in L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele in London, which is Neapolitan but I had atrocious pizza in Italy, Venice and wonderful pizza in Cebu. You can get great pizza in NY and in London and Naples, that's not worth fighting about really.

I would certainly think you have to enjoy your diet to be able to stick to it. Should you eat ten cheesburger a week, obviously not. If you eat one a week, will it cause you a heart attack? Unlikely.

But cheeseburgers are not classed as healthy foods are they? That's the point that @fredwiggy would rather die than admit 😊

Just now, NowNow said:

So far, according to @Cameroni, there is 29 grams of fat just in the patty and cheese. That's without any condiments. Do you dispute these figures?

As he mentioned, fat isn't un healthy. The body needs it. You limit how much you eat on a daily basis. If you have a cheeseburger, the rest of the day you eat lean. This is what I've been doing all along. Pizza one day, lean the rest of the day, and days afterward. I eat all healthy foods. I limit my higher calorie foods to stay lean. Very simple. I rarely eat crapola. Pizza isn't crapola.

Just now, NowNow said:

But cheeseburgers are not classed as healthy foods are they? That's the point that @fredwiggy would rather die than admit 😊

Again, since you're still missing the point. The INGREDIENTS in a cheeseburger are not un healthy. It's what some add to it that makes it both un healthy and too high calorie.

9 minutes ago, NowNow said:

One second, you said 20% grams of fat in "cheeseburger meat". In hamburger meat there is 14% of fat. An average slice of cheese, yes, has 9 g of fat. So that would take you to 20% fat in a cheesburger. But since the reccomnded fat intake is 48 to 78 g of fat for a healthy diet this is not a problem. Your body needs fat. You could eat a cheeseburger and more fatty items and still be in the daily recommended amount of fat intake.

Edited by Cameroni

Just now, NowNow said:

What knowledge have you given us in asserting that 

are healthy foods.

Note that in your listing, Lasagne is the ONLY ONE listed as homemade. Which is why I haven't mentioned it 😊

I , along with millions of others, made Texas BBQ at home, along with Shrimp Scampi. Both healthy but somewhet high in calories, so you limit them.

5 minutes ago, NowNow said:

No, they are not. Obviously. Though I always did wonder why burgers are considered unhealthy, since they contained minced meat, tomato, onion and did not seem terribly unhealthy. 

Edited by Cameroni

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

As he mentioned, fat isn't un healthy. The body needs it. You limit how much you eat on a daily basis. If you have a cheeseburger, the rest of the day you eat lean. This is what I've been doing all along. Pizza one day, lean the rest of the day, and days afterward. I eat all healthy foods. I limit my higher calorie foods to stay lean. Very simple. I rarely eat crapola. Pizza isn't crapola.

You didn't mention any of that regime to @thaibeachlovers It was just a straight claim that the foods were healthy. 😊

So now, they are so 'healthy' that you shouldn't eat them regularly 😊

I don't even think my girlfriend tries to move the goalposts as much as you do 😊

2 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

No, they are not. Obviously. Though I always did wonder why burgers are considered unhealthy, since they contained minced meat, tomato, onion and did not seem terribly unhealthy. 

A lot of people say one thing or another about food, especially the pros on the Keto diet, and a lot of people follow their advice. The same reason many followed Hitler ,Putin, Stalin, Pol Pot, Trump and others. They liked what they said, or did for them, so thought they were okay, and believed every word. There are very simple, basic facts about what food to eat, and they'll never change. You don't eat too much sugar, especially refined. You keep your daily fat calories low. Make sure you get a variety of foods weekly. Don't eat too much at one meal or too late at night. Never drink calories, although people will argue that point with beer, wine and whiskey. People make their diets un healthy by adding bad things to good food. Many eat too much because they love to eat. You can play Russian roulette for awhile, but eventually the bullet gets you, even if you have good genetics.

Edited by fredwiggy

Just now, NowNow said:

You didn't mention any of that regime to @thaibeachlovers It was just a straight claim that the foods were healthy. 😊

So now, they are so 'healthy' that you shouldn't eat them regularly 😊

I don't even think my girlfriend tries to move the goalposts as much as you do 😊

I could have said all of this in one long post, but people don't like to read that much. You keep making this go on and on,trying to prove me wrong, and you can't, because I'm not wrong. If you eat 20 lbs of apples a day it would hurt you somehow. Common sense is how you stay healthy.

5 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

One second, you said 20% grams of fat in "cheeseburger meat". In hamburger meat there is 14% of fat. An average slice of cheese, yes, has 9 g of fat. So that would take you to 20% fat in a cheesburger. But since the reccomnded fat intake is 48 to 78 g of fat for a healthy diet this is not a problem. Your body needs fat. You could eat a cheeseburger and more fatty items and still be in the daily recommended amount of fat intake.

No, I wrote that they use (raw) meat with 20% fat for hamburgers. Learn to read and comprehend before replying.

As an aside:

Average man should eat no more than 30g of saturated fat a day. average woman should eat no more than 20g of saturated fat a day.

Just now, fredwiggy said:

I could have said all of this in one long post, but people don't like to read that much. You keep making this go on and on,trying to prove me wrong, and you can't, because I'm not wrong. If you eat 20 lbs of apples a day it would hurt you somehow. Common sense is how you stay healthy.

No one is making anything go on and on. Your posts on this thread outstrip anyone else's and you certainly don't have a problem with creating longwinded posts.

I and you, proved you wrong a long time ago. You're just too much of a narcissist to admit it.

4 hours ago, newnative said:

I would question your first sentence but I welcome any statistics you have to back up your claim.  I know about a dozen US millionaires, half of whom I am fairly familiar with their financials, and their homes make up about half of their million in assets, not 'most'.  The other half would be stocks, 401ks, mutual funds, cars, furnishings, etc., other investments, and, in 3 or 4 cases, gold.  

One example, of those I know.   School teacher, retired, age 74.  She has the two things I mentioned in my earlier post.  1.  Greatest Generation parents.  2.  Homeowner.  She inherited money in the form of stocks from her parents in 2019.  At the time the stocks were worth about $300,000.  They are now worth $428,000.  

Like many Americans, she purchased a home during her working years, which she now owns mortgage-free.  The home has increased in value over the last 35 or 40 years and is now worth about $500,000.   She and her husband, who did pool maintenance, own 2 cars with a combined value of about $50,000.  They also own a large boat.  I have no idea of the value but I have been on it and you can sleep aboard it.  Let's say $50,000. 

I think we are over 1 million already and I haven't figured in her husband's assets--he also inherited money from Greatest Generation parents.  He and I have talked stocks and I know he also has a stock portfolio, which likely has grown, along with his wife's.   

The key takeaway from my example is how ordinary these two are.  Neither had an exotic, super high-paying job.  Neither won the lottery.  Neither, as far as I know, bought Apple at $22 a share when it went public.   Neither did anything special except lucking out with GG parents and wisely buying a home.   I think a good chunk of America's millionaires would be variations of this example.

Your second sentence makes little sense.   Millionaires in the US are scattered all over, not lumped in one place.  If 5% chose to sell at one time, the 5% would also be scattered all over, with little, if any, impact on the market.  It could be that 5% of millionaires' homes are already on the market at any given time--I'm too lazy to check as it's not worth bothering with.  

I also don't think millionaires have any more trouble selling their homes than anyone else does, should they choose to--especially with the number of millionaires growing every year--500,000 in 2019, for example.  If a home is just half of someone's million in assets, as I think it is for many, the house selling would be in the 500,000 dollar range, a normal price in many places in the US and not a bridge too far for a lot of buyers.

Here are some stats about the millionaires in Australia, I would say the figures for NZ, UK and Canada won't be far off these numbers:

https://www.theadviser.com.au/borrower/45872-house-and-land-prices-bolstering-household-wealth-abs

"As a proportion of net household wealth, residential property accounted for around 67.9 per cent."

Also some figures for the US...more or less as expected:

https://www.pewresearch.org/2023/12/04/the-assets-households-own-and-the-debts-they-carry/

12 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

That is all.

Why @fredwiggy is arguing against all nutritional advice is known only everyone reading 😊

Nothing wrong with a tasty cheeseburger every now and again, but arguing that it's a healthy foodstuff is simply bizarre.

19 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I , along with millions of others, made Texas BBQ at home, along with Shrimp Scampi. Both healthy but somewhet high in calories, so you limit them.

So not healthy then....

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

No one is making anything go on and on. Your posts on this thread outstrip anyone else's and you certainly don't have a problem with creating longwinded posts.

I and you, proved you wrong a long time ago. You're just too much of a narcissist to admit it.

You're so full of yourself you can't see the forest for the trees. I proved many times how certain food can be a healthy choice. You disagree because, you don't understand basic nutrition. You dispute because you actually think you're right, or are a definite narcissist that can never admit they're wrong, no matter how many people tell you. You again replied, even though you know you're wrong, just to try again to prove me wrong. READ all of what I've written, and take a course on nutrition, researching and comprehension, then come back and argue constructively. This is about is Thailand a value for the money, and again, what I've said can make that happen. Don't waste money on eating out all the time, eat home instead, but when you do eat out, choose wisely.

Just now, NowNow said:

So not healthy then....

High calorie food can be healthy, as he and I mentioned. All along I've been wondering if you're sitting in a bar, ripping down a pitcher, while eating nachos with extra cheese or eating street Thai food cooked in rancid oil.

Just now, fredwiggy said:

You're so full of yourself you can't see the forest for the trees. I proved many times how certain food can be a healthy choice. You disagree because, you don't understand basic nutrition. You dispute because you actually think you're right, or are a definite narcissist that can never admit they're wrong, no matter how many people tell you. You again replied, even though you know you're wrong, just to try again to prove me wrong. READ all of what I've written, and take a course on nutrition, researching and comprehension, then come back and argue constructively. This is about is Thailand a value for the money, and again, what I've said can make that happen. Don't waste money on eating out all the time, eat home instead, but when you do eat out, choose wisely.

No, you haven't proved anything. No one agrees with you. Not even @Cameroni 

You put homemade only next to Lasagne. Now all of a sudden, you have to make everything yourself to make it less unhealthy 😊

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

High calorie food can be healthy, as he and I mentioned. All along I've been wondering if you're sitting in a bar, ripping down a pitcher, while eating nachos with extra cheese or eating street Thai food cooked in rancid oil.

No, he agreed that cheeseburgers are not considered a healthy food. So it's just you 😊

Haven't stepped into a bar for more than ten years and I guarantee that I'm in better shape than you. 

5 minutes ago, NowNow said:

That is all.

Why @fredwiggy is arguing against all nutritional advice is known only everyone reading 😊

Nothing wrong with a tasty cheeseburger every now and again, but arguing that it's a healthy foodstuff is simply bizarre.

It's not arguing when you're right all long, as I've been. You seem to nitpick through what people say, and miss the point entirely. Take a few minutes and look at the ingredients of a basic cheeseburger, then tell me they are un healthy just because they are put together. See? You arguing with me is like Don Knotts picking a fight with Jet Li.

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

No, you haven't proved anything. No one agrees with you. Not even @Cameroni 

You put homemade only next to Lasagne. Now all of a sudden, you have to make everything yourself to make it less unhealthy 😊

Actually everyone I've ever spoken to on diet agrees with me. You keep forgetting what both I and actually yourself wrote. Texas BBQ is not un healthy. Neither is anything else I posted about. It's how you make them and what you add that does. A pre teen can understand what basic ingredients means and can easily look up their nutritional value. All my children are lean , healthy and strong. Guess how. There are countless restaurants that will cook things the way you want them, unless they are already pre-made. That's what research means. You look until you find what you want.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually everyone I've ever spoken to on diet agrees with me. You keep forgetting what both I and actually yourself wrote. Texas BBQ is not un healthy. Neither is anything else I posted about. It's how you make them and what you add that does. A pre teen can understand what basic ingredients means and can easily look up their nutritional value. All my children are lean , healthy and strong. Guess how. There are countless restaurants that will cook things the way you want them, unless they are already pre-made. That's what research means. You look until you find what you want.

Everyone, but anyone who is actually here. Just mythical people who believe that cheeseburgers and battered prawns are health foods 😊

Texas BBQ without the BBQ sauce 😊

Just now, NowNow said:

No, he agreed that cheeseburgers are not considered a healthy food. So it's just you 😊

Haven't stepped into a bar for more than ten years and I guarantee that I'm in better shape than you. 

This is exactly what I mean when I say you know nothing about anyone unless you spend a lot of time with them, as in earlier posts. You think you're in better shape than a person who's lifted heavy weights for 50 years and eaten lean. I really don't like to brag, letting what I've done show what I know. From age 17 to 62, I had 3-6% body fat, was usually the all around natural strongest in any gym I went to, besides the Venice beach one, where pros trained. I don't know if they did steroids, but I didn't.I  haven't lifted as much for the last 2 years because the gym here is not open until 2PM, and a drive to get to, but I always stay close to my shape until I return when I move back home. 50 years keeps you close to form, as you might know if you ever trained that long. I'm 68, and still stronger than most 30 year olds, as I se them whenever I train.

10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It's not arguing when you're right all long, as I've been. You seem to nitpick through what people say, and miss the point entirely. Take a few minutes and look at the ingredients of a basic cheeseburger, then tell me they are un healthy just because they are put together. See? You arguing with me is like Don Knotts picking a fight with Jet Li.

Who thinks you are right? Certainly no one here. Just imaginary people 😊

58 minutes ago, NowNow said:

No, I wrote that they use (raw) meat with 20% fat for hamburgers. Learn to read and comprehend before replying.

As an aside:

Average man should eat no more than 30g of saturated fat a day. average woman should eat no more than 20g of saturated fat a day.

No, you didn't. You wrote this:

"Normal cheeseburger meat has 20% fat. Add the cheese to that figure."

So you originally argued that the meat in a burger already had 20% of fat. When I showed that this was wrong you then decided to include the cheese, to get to the 20%. 

I have over 20 years of training as a lawyer, and have read and drafted documents vetted by the London Stock Exchange, I can assure you my reading skills are up to scratch. Your nutritional value reading ability is not.

As for the reccomended fat intake for normal adults, your figure is nonsense, you are again confusing percentages with grams. The actual daily reccomended amounts of fat for a low fat diet are:

A standard low fat diet contains about 30% — or less — of its calories from fat (31Trusted Source).

Here are a few examples of suggested daily fat ranges for a low fat diet, based on different calorie goals: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-fat-to-eat#TOC_TITLE_HDR_5

• 1,500 calories: about 50 grams of fat per day
  • 2,000 calories: about 67 grams of fat per day
  • 2,500 calories: about 83 grams of fat per day

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-fat-to-eat#TOC_TITLE_HDR_5

Obviously for a ketogenic diet it's even higher.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Agree 1