V P Debate

thaibeachlovers

31 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I take Mollies position

https://www.amazon.com/Rigged-Media-Democrats-Seized-Elections/dp/168451259X

Perhaps you would like to read it and discuss?

Did Russia get Trump elected in 2016? Was, as Hillary said, Trump an Illegitimate President.? We dont need a whole book to answer that, do we?

The author starts out with an example of a Democratic election official who committed fraud. Guess what? She was caught.

She wants you to believe that 60 plus judges, including the Supreme Court, were all shown evidence of fraud worthy of judicial examination and ignored or suppressed it? 

Georgia recounts, including paper ballot hand recounts? Cyber-ninjas in Arizona, who found Biden's votes were actually undercounted? MyPillow Guy's pathetic attempts which never amounted to anything? One ridiculous conspiracy theory after another?

Come to you senses people. This book is like lawyer's brief for a guilty criminal. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Young Pete is a bright guy, but for the life of me I can't think of a single thing he has done in his life to justify that level of political elevation. Other than being gay in the Democratic party. 

Personally, I think if they look deep in their hearts, the Democrats are kicking themselves that the didn't choose Josh Shapiro as VP nominee.  But the anti-semitic wing of the party has too much power to allow it. 

As far as Pete goes, he is a bright guy, and I've really been impressed with the video snippets of his remarks. But, as you say, there's really nothing outstanding yet. I'd like to see him in a debate setting and hear his answers to a lot of the important questions.

I thought Shapiro would be the best choice for the vice presidential nominee, too, but mostly because he is from Pennsylvania, a very important state in the election. I'm happy, though, with Walz. I like the way he presents himself and hope he will be our (USA) next vice president. I've already sent in my vote for him and Kamala—not that my vote matters a lot since I'm registered to vote in California.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

The author starts out with an example of a Democratic election official who committed fraud. Guess what? She was caught.

She wants you to believe that 60 plus judges, including the Supreme Court, were all shown evidence of fraud worthy of judicial examination and ignored or suppressed it? 

Georgia recounts, including paper ballot hand recounts? Cyber-ninjas in Arizona, who found Biden's votes were actually undercounted? MyPillow Guy's pathetic attempts which never amounted to anything? One ridiculous conspiracy theory after another?

Come to you senses people. This book is like lawyer's brief for a guilty criminal. 

You have never read it. You probably never heard of it till I mentioned it. You just spew the script, non voter, non American

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am stunned there are still people who think Trump is in any way suitable to be President again. The parade of senior White House officials who say otherwise stretches around a city block. You don't see any of them saying the same of Harris.

I can remember an American friend of mine telling me Trump is dangerous, prior to the 2016 election. How right he was.

Impeached twice, indicted 91 times. A felon awaiting sentencing.

IMO anyone supporting Trump is in serious need of a brain transplant.

...and that is why we are where we are.  Many right wing dudes like me think that the lefties are wrong. But many left wing folks think righties are either evil or stupid, or both.  It isn't going to get people on your side if you just insult them and tell them they are stupid.  At least, IF that is your goal.  

I wouldn't say, for example, that anyone supporting Harris needs a brain transplant. I would say that they are wrong and possibly ill informed, but it would also depend on their priorities. If their important issues are abortion access and legalizind illegal immigrants, then Harris would be your candidate. Nothing I can do about that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

...and that is why we are where we are.  Many right wing dudes like me think that the lefties are wrong. But many left wing folks think righties are either evil or stupid, or both.  It isn't going to get people on your side if you just insult them and tell them they are stupid.  At least, IF that is your goal.  

I wouldn't say, for example, that anyone supporting Harris needs a brain transplant. I would say that they are wrong and possibly ill informed, but it would also depend on their priorities. If their important issues are abortion access and legalizind illegal immigrants, then Harris would be your candidate. Nothing I can do about that. 

Do you notice when I raise issue, they deny or deflect?

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

As far as Pete goes, he is a bright guy, and I've really been impressed with the video snippets of his remarks. But, as you say, there's really nothing outstanding yet. I'd like to see him in a debate setting and hear his answers to a lot of the important questions.

I thought Shapiro would be the best choice for the vice presidential nominee, too, but mostly because he is from Pennsylvania, a very important state in the election. I'm happy, though, with Walz. I like the way he presents himself and hope he will be our (USA) next vice president. I've already sent in my vote for him and Kamala—not that my vote matters a lot since I'm registered to vote in California.

I hear ya. Had the same thoughts about Vance- very bright and articulate, but still green. My choice was Doug Burgum for either VP or the big chair, DeSantis would have been OK too. But we are where we are. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The exchange where billionaire's owned venture capital boy / sleazeball Vance refused to say that Trump lost in 2020 will be the one thing remembered from this debate. Thus -- Walz Won. 

Trump wouldn't last 4 years. Thus, the man who is so noxious that his real first name must never be spoken, will become president. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

Trump wouldn't last 4 years. Thus, the man who is so noxious that his real first name must never be spoken, will become president. 

You think ill health? Assassination, natural death....he won't leave voluntarily for sure.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, riclag said:

They muted him , during his response 

to their bias.

That muted both as they were engaging in a long to and fro which stopped other matters being raised, actually.

But yes, the moderators showed a clear anti-Republican bias during the debate.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

That muted both as they were engaging in a long to and fro which stopped other matters being raised, actually.

But yes, the moderators showed a clear anti-Republican bias during the debate.

Which was ridiculous. The two debaters were, gasp, actually debating! And on a topic that is at the top of the list for many Americans.  God forbid the mods don't stick their nose in. Just another lifeline thrown to Walz.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cameroni said:

But it was Vance who left the best impression with viewers, after a strong start against a nervy opponent and despite dodging a question on if Trump lost the 2020 election.

According to the DailyMail.com/J.L Partners poll of 801 likely voters, 50 percent said Vance won the debate compared to just 43 percent who said Walz was the victor.

In an unfortunate slip of the tongue he then said: 'I've become friends with school shooters'.

It's unclear what he meant to say.

Another viewer who was full of praise for Vance was the former president, who spent the night commentating on every development on the New York stage. 

'JD crushed it! Walz was a Low IQ Disaster - Very much like Kamala,' Trump said in one of his many Truth Social posts during the evening.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13914759/Who-won-debate-J-D-Vance-Tim-Walz-poll.html

A knucklehead performance , his facial expressions compliment his mutt personality!

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/knucklehead

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Yes. It will be the Pentagon, the NSA and the Diplomatic Corps providing the key information upon which a decision will be made, and it will be Congress who will decide if there is a war.

Netanyahu will  decide 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, PREM-R said:

From what I saw I don't think either of the people involved in the debate 'lost'. However, the big loser on the night was Donald Trump!   The reason I think this is the case is that J.D. Vance was able to 'reinvent' himself from the 'Trump Clone' that appears at the Republican party appearances.  He managed to behave in a 'civilized' manner, he was polite, he listened to the replies and comments of his opponent and gave of an impression of being a 'politician' rather than the infant school attendee that would have been Trump's performance on the night.  

Vance did not resort to pronouncing names incorrectly, did not call  his opponents 'retards', 'mentally challenged' etc., instead he did the things that 'professional politicians' do, such as answering a question with a totally unrelated reply, using a lot of words to actually say 'nothing', saying what he wanted to say, regardless of the question. These are the actions of a 'politician' not a name calling 'juvenile' such as Trump.  If the Republican party could 'dump Trump' and put Vance at the top of 'the ticket' they would have a much greater chance of winning in November. 

The problem isnt the GOP , its the propaganda machine of the left,hell bent on destroying anyone who opposes their corporate interests .

The left better find a better solution to their debate moderation  , cause its

a big sore thumb!

Live in front of the world they shut off

Vance , while he attempted to make 

a point about their fact check cheating ( moderation agreed it wouldn’t fact check live).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yagoda said:

IMO, anyone supporting Harris supports:

Experimental genital mutilation of children

Leaving viable aborted babies to die

Removing children from parents who oppose trans programming

A fully open border

Taxpayer funding of boobs for trans prisoners

Kneeling during the anthem

No No to Deportation

Ban on fracking

Ban on stoves and ACs

The green new deal

Censorship

Higher inflation

War

Iran

Anti-semitism

anti-catholicism

Violence against women

Men in womens sports

Rioting

Jesse Smollet

Ill take the goofy felon who did a fab job last time along with JD. But hey, you are a foreigner so really have no idea.

I disagree with you on most of these, and I even support some of them. 

Trump is a dangerous felon who did a horrible job last time, and if re-elected, will cause destructive turmoil in the USA

I also am not sure what you mean by saying, "...you are a foreigner." I was born and still am a citizen of the USA. In fact, I just returned my vote in the November elections. I am a foreigner here in Thailand, but I have a Thai wife and have lived here for over 20 years now. I have no intention of returning to the USA, at least not relocating there.

Edited by WDSmart

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I have voted and did not vote FOR Harris; I voted AGAINST Trump. 

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:
4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I have voted and did not vote FOR Harris; I voted AGAINST Trump. 

Who did you vote for ?

My ballot was marked Harris. But, as I said above and meant, I did not vote FOR her in the respect that I think she would make a good choice as president. My vote was focused on voting AGAINST Trump, and the best way to try to defeat him was to cast my vote in favor of Harris.

10 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

My ballot was marked Harris. But, as I said above and meant, I did not vote FOR her in the respect that I think she would make a good choice as president. My vote was focused on voting AGAINST Trump, and the best way to try to defeat him was to cast my vote in favor of Harris.

You could have just posted "I voted for Harris"

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

No, @Nick Carter icpthat would not have expressed my point, which, if you haven't gotten by now, my repeating it won't help.

The question was who did you vote for, the question didn't ask why you voted for them .

I was just testing you, to see whether you could make a post without mentioning Trump

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The question was who did you vote for, the question didn't ask why you voted for them .

I was just testing you, to see whether you could make a post without mentioning Trump

Well, you succeeded. It's difficult to discuss the political, social, and economic conditions in the USA today without mentioning Trump. Oh! 😮 There, I did it again! 😄 

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

I disagree with you on most of these, and I even support some of them. 

Trump is a dangerous felon who did a horrible job last time, and if re-elected, will cause destructive turmoil in the USA

I also am not sure what you mean by saying, "...you are a foreigner." I was born and still am a citizen of the USA. In fact, I just returned my vote in the November elections. I am a foreigner here in Thailand, but I have a Thai wife and have lived here for over 20 years now. I have no intention of returning to the USA, at least not relocating there.

Which ones do you disagree with and why? Just out of curiosity?