Where can I find good real estate agents in Bangkok

Looking to purchase residential property (condo or house) as an investment (general approach buy for long term for appreciation with +ve cash flow from onset).

I used to live in the USA and the quality between real estate agents differs dramatically. If you're just trying to get a property as a home for yourself to live in, you just need a realtor who's willing to faciliate showing properties and doing a basic mortgage. If you are interested in investing, it helped to have realtors who were successful investors (STR, BRRRR, flips, LTR, etc) themselves and had knowledge of more than just vanilla financing.

I've met with a few real estate agent in Thailand (just connected through ddproperty or similar), but I'm not satisfied. All I spoke with have never done a refinance themselves or for their clients. One had done a flip. In USA there were real estate meetups, where often you could meet successful investors in real estate who would recommend or connect you with a good realtor.

A property I recently passed on, was a new detached home in phra kanong/ekamai for 33M and apparently the realtor said it rents for 250k per month long term. I felt like that could be a deal, but the realtor wasn't able to (or perhaps willing) to verify this contract or connect me directly*. Maybe it really is just me and these kind of properties are not that uncommon, but they made little effort to convince me this is a good buy. Ultimately I felt like it's too good to be true, but I still wonder. I'm new to real estate in Thailand and I it feels like a lot more information is hidden. For all I know that rental contract may never existed or the current tenant is a friend of the owner and signed a contract to make the property more attractive.

TL;DR how can i connect with a good realtor investor

Thanks

* if you have any good sources for getting  comparables (prices, rents) in Thailand please let me know!

1 hour ago, bosphorus said:

Looking to purchase residential property (condo or house) as an investment (general approach buy for long term for appreciation with +ve cash flow from onset).

I used to live in the USA and the quality between real estate agents differs dramatically. If you're just trying to get a property as a home for yourself to live in, you just need a realtor who's willing to faciliate showing properties and doing a basic mortgage. If you are interested in investing, it helped to have realtors who were successful investors (STR, BRRRR, flips, LTR, etc) themselves and had knowledge of more than just vanilla financing.

I've met with a few real estate agent in Thailand (just connected through ddproperty or similar), but I'm not satisfied. All I spoke with have never done a refinance themselves or for their clients. One had done a flip. In USA there were real estate meetups, where often you could meet successful investors in real estate who would recommend or connect you with a good realtor.

A property I recently passed on, was a new detached home in phra kanong/ekamai for 33M and apparently the realtor said it rents for 250k per month long term. I felt like that could be a deal, but the realtor wasn't able to (or perhaps willing) to verify this contract or connect me directly*. Maybe it really is just me and these kind of properties are not that uncommon, but they made little effort to convince me this is a good buy. Ultimately I felt like it's too good to be true, but I still wonder. I'm new to real estate in Thailand and I it feels like a lot more information is hidden. For all I know that rental contract may never existed or the current tenant is a friend of the owner and signed a contract to make the property more attractive.

TL;DR how can i connect with a good realtor investor

Thanks

* if you have any good sources for getting  comparables (prices, rents) in Thailand please let me know!

Realistic rent is 5% of marked value, not estimated buying price.