Nifedipine ER (Adalat)

jonnit

Yes, it can be bought here without a prescription but be careful on dosage as many brands are  20mg here. For 30 mg dosage you'll need

Adalat CR

an expensive import

Other brands that come only in 20mg include:

Nifedipin T20 Retard

Depin-E Retard

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Yes, it can be bought here without a prescription but be careful on dosage as many brands are  20mg here. For 30 mg dosage you'll need

Adalat CR

an expensive import

Other brands that come only in 20mg include:

Nifedipin T20 Retard

Depin-E Retard

Just had my four month review at the heart centre Vibhavadi Hospital (Bangkok) and Cardiologist  has taken myself off Amlodipine 10mg and switched to Nifedipine  5mg,  take one tablet 4 times a day.  He says it is a much better medicine.

Read up on it with drugs.com and gets terrible reviews.

4 minutes ago, brianburi said:

Just had my four month review at the heart centre Vibhavadi Hospital (Bangkok) and Cardiologist  has taken myself off Amlodipine 10mg and switched to Nifedipine  5mg,  take one tablet 4 times a day.  He says it is a much better medicine.

Read up on it with drugs.com and gets terrible reviews.

Pay no attention to "reviews" on drugs.com. Medications are not restaurants.

People tend to post if they experienced unpleasant side effects. Which can happen with any drug, in some people.

And side effects experienced by one person are not universal.

That said, any idea why the doctor switched you from amlodopine to nifedipine?  What exactly is your carduac history?

55 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Pay no attention to "reviews" on drugs.com. Medications are not restaurants.

People tend to post if they experienced unpleasant side effects. Which can happen with any drug, in some people.

And side effects experienced by one person are not universal.

That said, any idea why the doctor switched you from amlodopine to nifedipine?  What exactly is your carduac history?

Doc suggested it was a better medicine to Amlodipine which I have been on for several years.   I have PAH, AF and enlarged heart, and do not produce enough O2.  If my pulsometer reads above 92 I consider that a good day.

I have a O2 bottle in the house to keep my levels up when required.

Main medicine is Sildenafil, Furosemide and Lanoxin,  all relatively small dosages. 

The Furosemide is an extremely good med for getting rid of fluid but needs regular kidney checks.   Also take Edoxaban.

Cardiologist says my lungs have been scarred due to a previous incident in my life which has myself baffled.  Not a smoker etc...

In '91 I was doing the grand tour of Iraq and plenty of weird stuff in the air then.

Currently use a good private hospital and the heart centre are excellent.

13 minutes ago, brianburi said:

I ... do not produce enough O2.

You do not produce O2, plants produce it. It's then in the air.

In your lungs, the O2 from the air moves into your blood, and your pulse oximeter measures this oxygen in your blood.

Maybe you knew it anyway, and just used a technically incorrect verb.