I want to help my wife get a tourist visa to USA

I'm an American with Thai wife.  

I've been searching on line for what's needed for her to get a tourist visa. B2?

I read what the Embassy in Bangkok wants, but I would like to know, from someone who has succeeded, just what do we need to do?

She has a job, money, land, Me...who will pay for a visit. 

I contacted Siam Legal and they want 29,000 Baht to help!!!    

Any advice appreciated.

J

Never mind.........I just saw all the reports posted before I wrote this one.  Lots of good information...good luck guys...

Edited by JohnOFphon

The first thing to understand is that the fact she is married to you does not help her chances of getting a tourist visa.  It actually makes it significantly less likely she will get the visa.

They want to see she has strong connections to Thailand and no reason to stay in the US.  For spouses of US citizens they will assume she will stay in the US permanently with you unless proven otherwise.

The fact that she has land and a job helps.  During her interview, make sure she emphasizes that and any other reasons she needs to return Thailand. 

As Phillips9 said the main issue they look for is the connection to Thailand and that there is a significant reason to return here and not stay in the USA. Job with an employee leave letter, land, children here, parents she cares for all help build the case. The marriage to you is a point down. If she has family to visit in the USA its better than traveling with you as for a reason to go. Siam legal can help fill out the right docs but other than that there isn't any advantage to have an agent do it, they have no pull on visa acceptance. Hopefully she speaks fluent English because no one can go in to the interview with her, including you.