Car recommendations

3 hours ago, Yodarapper said:

We have two child seats back should fit right. How is the sound driving on highway heard it’s loud?

is the premium luxury worth it what extra do you get?

Accommodating two child seats in the back poses no problem. Two adults and a 10-year-old can comfortably sit in the rear, with ample legroom for all passengers.

On the topic of noise, while highway driving is mostly quiet, the road noise from the Yokohama Blue Earth tires can be noticeable but not overly problematic. At lower speeds, especially after being in EV mode, the engine noise can be quite pronounced as it works to recharge a depleted battery, revving from a standstill rather than idling.

This has happened on a couple of occasions with me, particularly after driving at a slow pace on a training circuit with a learner driver for around 20 minutes. Following this, merging onto a main road and accelerating to highway speeds with a drained battery prompts the engine to engage at higher revolutions.

I chose the Premium over the Premium Luxury model without the sunroof and low-profile tires to avoid additional sun exposure to my bald spot and to mitigate the potentially stiffer ride associated with SUVs, which usually have higher ground clearance. Low-profile tires might exacerbate the firmness of the ride.

Looking back, I sometimes wish I had opted for the Luxury Premium, accepting the sunroof and the possibly firmer ride.

The manual gas-lifted rear door is cumbersome, and manually checking the tires weekly is quite bothersome. With all the other features the Luxury's value is justified, and for an extra 50,000 baht, the upgrade would have been cost-effective.

Below is a list of exclusive features for the Toyota Yaris Cross HEV Premium Luxury variant, distinguishing it from the standard Premium:

- 18-inch polished dual-tone alloy wheels

- Low-profile tires

- Hands-free powered tailgate

- 360-degree camera system

- Synthetic leather-accented seats

- Qi wireless charging pad

- Pioneer sound system with 6 speakers

- Panoramic sunroof with blind.

- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

- Special windscreen heat glass

- Panoramic view monitor

- Rear-facing dashcam

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Yodarapper said:

Also, does anyone know if I finance a car on 48 months and then need to cancel the finance early.....is it a matter of just paying the remaining amount in a lump sum or are there penalties etc? Is it simple to do?

You just pay off what is outstanding. Sometimes there may be a lock-in period of say 12 months, during which you'll have to pay a penalty.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:
7 hours ago, Yodarapper said:

Also, does anyone know if I finance a car on 48 months and then need to cancel the finance early.....is it a matter of just paying the remaining amount in a lump sum or are there penalties etc? Is it simple to do?

You just pay off what is outstanding. Sometimes there may be a lock-in period of say 12 months, during which you'll have to pay a penalty.

ITs a good question as they used to lock you in for the full duration - i.e. if you wanted to pay off early, you'd still have to pay the same amount. 

There was a recent law / regulation change regarding this - I'm not quite sure what it is... BUT, from what I recall, its something like the above.

If after taking out 48 month finance on car

a) You want to pay it off early (before 12 months)

- You pay xx % on the first 12 months, and the outstanding amount without interest.

b) You want to pay it off early (after the first 12 months)

- You pay the remainder at a reduced rate for the next xx months, then outstanding amount without interest (or it could be a smaller rate)

Thats a pretty poor explanation - however, my point is that the finance 'situation' with regards to paying off early has improved - before you were locked in at the agreed interest. Now, there are laws to protect you from paying the full amount, .. but there is still some form of 'early pay off penalty' depending on the agreement signed. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

ITs a good question as they used to lock you in for the full duration - i.e. if you wanted to pay off early, you'd still have to pay the same amount. 

There was a recent law / regulation change regarding this - I'm not quite sure what it is... BUT, from what I recall, its something like the above.

If after taking out 48 month finance on car

a) You want to pay it off early (before 12 months)

- You pay xx % on the first 12 months, and the outstanding amount without interest.

b) You want to pay it off early (after the first 12 months)

- You pay the remainder at a reduced rate for the next xx months, then outstanding amount without interest (or it could be a smaller rate)

Thats a pretty poor explanation - however, my point is that the finance 'situation' with regards to paying off early has improved - before you were locked in at the agreed interest. Now, there are laws to protect you from paying the full amount, .. but there is still some form of 'early pay off penalty' depending on the agreement signed. 

Law was changed from 10th January 2023

The announcement of the Contract Committee on the matter of the car and motorcycle leasing business being a contract-controlled business B.E. 2565, which will be applicable only to leasing contracts made from January 10, 2566 onwards.

As for the hire-purchase contracts made before January 10, 2023, they will remain in effect until the contract ends. If the lessee’s rights are violated by the business operator, they can seek advice via the 1166 hotline or file a complaint via the OCPB Connect application or via the website www.ocpb.go.th 24 hours a day.

https://justicechannel.org/read/newlaw51-1?fbclid=

Bottom part of the website is in English

• Thanks 1