Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

Inderpland

On 10/8/2024 at 3:52 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

MTG isn't a US senator, thankfully.

She represents the 14th Congressional District in the state of Georgia, so she's one of 435 members of the House of Representatives.

But you're right, it is difficult to imagine what her constituents must be like.

Deliverence comes to mind when thiking who would have voted for MTG

• Agree 1

On 10/8/2024 at 10:38 PM, connda said:

Why is the Biden/Harris movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories that MAGA are somehow all conspiracy theorists?  Really - the Left are actually the bull-goose loonies who are completely out of touch with reality.  The Lefties project their own psychosis onto the conservative right and claim they are the crazies when it's the progressive Left who are completely nuts.  Tampons in the boy's bathrooms.  Men can have babies.  Ha ha ha ha ha! 

Change my mind!  :thumbsup:

And Randle P. McMurphy thought that HE was the chief bull goose loony.

He reckoned without the Biden/Harris crowd!

Who's the Bull Goose Looney Here? | The Stacks Reader

To answer the original question, "Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?" the answer is this.

What starts as a conspiracy theory has, almost without exception, turned out to be true. Russia, Russia, Russia was exposed my John Durham as a huge hoax, for example.

One aspect of the nutter American left is that they pick on admittedly wild Republicans such as MTG and try to make her out as the norm. 

Then again, these are the same people that can spend hours in a "how to deal with microaggression" summit then walk out and chant "death to the Jews." 

I'll tell you something, these people are the sewage-sucking scum of humanity. This is not hypocrisy, this is far beyond that - it's just plain old EVIL. 

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/article-823825

Edited by theblether
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rasg said:

To answer the original question, "Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?" the answer is this.

What starts as a conspiracy theory has, almost without exception, turned out to be true. Russia, Russia, Russia was exposed my John Durham as a huge hoax, for example.

No, it hasn't. But do go on, what can you list next?

Jewish space lasers, hurricanes controlled by a PS 5 remote, Pizzagate?

Let's hear it! 

Edited by Inderpland

20 minutes ago, theblether said:

One aspect of the nutter American left is that they pick on admittedly wild Republicans such as MTG and try to make her out as the norm. 

Then again, these are the same people that can spend hours in a "how to deal with microaggression" summit then walk out and chant "death to the Jews." 

I'll tell you something, these people are the sewage-sucking scum of humanity. This is not hypocrisy, this is far beyond that - it's just plain old EVIL. 

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/article-823825

That was one weird, rambling post!🤣

Are you OK mate?

3 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

That was one weird, rambling post!🤣

Are you OK mate?

Oh, look - another lonely wee man. 

Friday night in Thailand and you are reduced to proving you are a halfwit. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, theblether said:

Oh, look - another lonely wee man. 

Friday night in Thailand and you are reduced to proving you are a halfwit. 

I guess that answered my 'are you OK?' question.😆

PS. When you say 'Oh, look - another lonely wee man', do you mean in addition to you?

Are you a wee man blether? 

Edited by Inderpland
  • Thumbs Up 1