Thai Airways soars with ‘plane’-tastic gourmet menus for all classes

snoop1130

t-16-Thai-Airways-elevates-in-flight-dining-with-global-menus-and-Thai-street-food-to-showcase-soft-power-3.png

Thai Airways (THAI) is taking in-flight dining to new heights, literally. The airline has rolled out premium menus across all cabin classes, offering a luxurious yet culturally immersive experience. With European routes booming at an 80% load factor, Thai Airways has decided to up the ante on its service offerings.

In First Class, passengers can indulge in Italian caviar sourced from Javeri Caviar, served in elegant 20-gramme tins, accompanied by premium Amarone wine. Economy passengers aren’t left out either—they can enjoy the unique Streets to Sky initiative, a mouth-watering collection of Thai street food served at 30,000 feet, said THAI CEO Chai Eamsiri.

“This is part of our Soft Power mission, showcasing Thailand’s rich culinary heritage.”

October’s menu highlights include Khao Soi chicken from Lamduan Fah Ham, a famous Chiang Mai restaurant, and butter toast with Thai milk tea from After You, a much-loved dessert chain. The menu is rotated every two months, keeping things fresh and exciting for repeat travellers.

For November, expect pandan bread with coconut cream, and in December, the delightful taro custard bread is set to make an appearance.

Business and first-class passengers will also enjoy exclusive amenities, with business class receiving redesigned kits from Jim Thompson, while first-class travellers are pampered with La Mer products. Economy class passengers won’t leave empty-handed either, as eco-friendly tote bags from Thai brand Naraya are now distributed on medium- and long-haul flights, reported Pattaya Mail.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-10-08

news-footer-2.png

image.png

14 minutes ago, proton said:

Worst food I have ever had on any airline, apart from Qatar who could not manage a special meal in Q business class. I would not eat caviar. Emirates serves up some decent nosh.

Hmm... nothing good to say at all eh....

Thai Airways food in Eco and Business class is 'meh'... or as per expectations. 

As far as Business on Qatar Airlines - food is excellent (I was at 35,000 ft eating in QR - Q-Class as recently as last week)

IMO - there is very little difference between EK and QR from a food or service perspective. 

Q-Suites are outstanding...

As car as Caviar on a flight - thats a little opulent. I was served that in First (free upgrade) a year or so ago on Qatar Airways...   the 'air-lounge' or bar or whatever you want to call it is a nice novelty and EK is better, but I don't even bother sitting in the bar part anymore anyway, its always full of drunks trying to start a conversation !!!...

I don't have high expectations of Airlines (even in business class) - as long as the food is decent, tastes nice etc...   then I'm happy - I don't expect the food to be Michelin star levels no matter how the airlines wax lyrical about the culinary wonders...  

Perhaps thats the difference between our replies, my expectations of airline food are not as high as yours. 

31 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai street food served at 30,000 feet, said THAI CEO Chai Eamsiri.

so it's left over chicken that didn't sell on the Sukhumvit carts. 

oh'   that'll be tasty for the passengers :vampire:

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Hmm... nothing good to say at all eh....

Thai Airways food in Eco and Business class is 'meh'... or as per expectations. 

As far as Business on Qatar Airlines - food is excellent (I was at 35,000 ft eating in QR - Q-Class as recently as last week)

IMO - there is very little difference between EK and QR from a food or service perspective. 

Q-Suites are outstanding...

As car as Caviar on a flight - thats a little opulent. I was served that in First (free upgrade) a year or so ago on Qatar Airways...   the 'air-lounge' or bar or whatever you want to call it is a nice novelty and EK is better, but I don't even bother sitting in the bar part anymore anyway, its always full of drunks trying to start a conversation !!!...

I don't have high expectations of Airlines (even in business class) - as long as the food is decent, tastes nice etc...   then I'm happy - I don't expect the food to be Michelin star levels no matter how the airlines wax lyrical about the culinary wonders...  

Perhaps thats the difference between our replies, my expectations of airline food are not as high as yours. 

Q class Qatar booked Asian vegetarian months before, on plane no have, seat not working, one toilet not working and paid for reserved seat cancelled, no refund, forced to wait 35 minutes on boarding ramp in 40 degree heat. Emirates makes Qatar look like amateurs. I expect to get what I pay for, Qatar did not provide it, so never again.

1 minute ago, proton said:

Q class Qatar booked Asian vegetarian months before, on plane no have, seat not working, one toilet not working and paid for reserved seat cancelled, no refund, forced to wait 35 minutes on boarding ramp in 40 degree heat. Emirates makes Qatar look like amateurs. I expect to get what I pay for, Qatar did not provide it, so never again.

> Pre-ordered meal not available - thats terrible (I agree with your annoyance)

> Seat functions not working - thats also terrible (they should refund you for the flight)

> One of the toilets not working - (should offer air-miles for inconvenience)

> Reserved seat cancelled - Qatar Airways Business class does not charge for seat reservation (and all airlines reserves the right to re-seat you)

Forced to wait on boarding Ramp - not QR's fault, thought not sure what you mean by boarding ramp... If you mean 'Jet way' as a business class passenger you can stroll from the lounge to the plane in your own time, board last.

Emirates: my Wife and Son have had an awful experience with a delay with compounding issues and mistakes - they were compensated €600 each (€1200 in total) after I pushed back. 

No airline has performed well when something goes slightly wrong....  as soon as there's an issue and they need to colour outside the lines, it seems all airlines fall apart from a service perspective. 

For your seat not working: I would expect a 100% flight refund - Did you have proof and file a complaint ? use an ombudsman to push the complaint ?

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I flew Thai recently in Biz and thought the food and service was very good.

I flew Thai Airways in Business Class last year - I hardly remember it... So nothing negative, nothing really great either... IMO - that means the flight was just fine, and thats all I expect - no complaints from me.

I've also flown the same route in Eco - and the same goes for that... nothing negative, nothing great either - and thats all I expect.

47 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

> Pre-ordered meal not available - thats terrible (I agree with your annoyance)

> Seat functions not working - thats also terrible (they should refund you for the flight)

> One of the toilets not working - (should offer air-miles for inconvenience)

> Reserved seat cancelled - Qatar Airways Business class does not charge for seat reservation (and all airlines reserves the right to re-seat you)

Forced to wait on boarding Ramp - not QR's fault, thought not sure what you mean by boarding ramp... If you mean 'Jet way' as a business class passenger you can stroll from the lounge to the plane in your own time, board last.

Emirates: my Wife and Son have had an awful experience with a delay with compounding issues and mistakes - they were compensated €600 each (€1200 in total) after I pushed back. 

No airline has performed well when something goes slightly wrong....  as soon as there's an issue and they need to colour outside the lines, it seems all airlines fall apart from a service perspective. 

For your seat not working: I would expect a 100% flight refund - Did you have proof and file a complaint ? use an ombudsman to push the complaint ?

They certainly did charge 2 years ago for seat reservations in Q class 62 quid for one leg of the flight. Anyway, they are terrorist sponsors who have the Hamas leaders living there. I have gone off stopping in the desert unpleasant no matter what level of flight you have. Back to Eva premium economy, good enough.