Should A Woman Be Allowed to hold the office of President of the USA?

fittobethaied

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

I'm not intimidated in the slightest by any woman. Living in Afghanistan seems a bit extreme and completely unnecessary. I live in Thailand where feminism is, thankfully, still held in check by the local men.

But this influx of feminist men from Australia, UK, US etc, can only have a negative effect in the future. Very regrettable.

Well, I don’t know. I also live in Thailand (for almost 20 years total) and have had access to all levels of Thai society, from hi-so connections (via the US embassy) to village gatherings in the boondocks, and it seems to me that “feminism” has a strong presence up and down the line. The country has had two female heads of government (that’s two more than the US), and while women may be underrepresented as heads of large companies, they sure run (and own) a lot of smaller companies and in general seem to do 90 percent of the work in the country. I don’t see that local men have any control over what women do at all (excepting the criminally violent). Plus, Thailand is a very tolerant society and is also broadly accepting of trans people in all occupations. I find all of this very positive.

I suppose I’m part of your “influx of feminist men” (from the US), but for me that means simply regarding women as no different from men with respect to their abilities and intelligence -- often, they have more intelligence and leadership potential, as they tend to think less with their body parts than men do. I’d like to think that, despite my “feminism,” I’ve had a positive influence on those Thais I’ve interacted with and become close to over the years; I live comfortably enough, but I’ve helped others do so as well.

So tell me, what’s wrong with feminism?

2 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Well, I don’t know. I also live in Thailand (for almost 20 years total) and have had access to all levels of Thai society, from hi-so connections (via the US embassy) to village gatherings in the boondocks, and it seems to me that “feminism” has a strong presence up and down the line.

No. There are a few nuns in buddhist monasteries who are feminist activists, but overall feminists extremists are confined to the fringes of society in Thailand. For instance there are only two "Women's Studies" courses in the whole of Thailand. Apart from this pervasive Buddhist feminism there is little sign of feminism in Thai society today.

That you would try to adduce two female head of government as evidence of feminism is particularly amusing, because of course the first female  prime minister only got the job because she was the sister of Thaksin, and the second because she was the daugther of Thaksin. Their ascent in politics actually says more about the power of one man, than anything else.

Equally trying to claim working women for feminism does not work in Thailand. Ask any working woman in Thailand if she is a feminist and you will be greeted with a puzzled look or firm denial.

The permissiveness in terms of sex in Thailand has more to do with Buddhism than feminist Dogma. In fact there is a near total absence of feminist activism in Thailand in day to day activities. No "Me Too" here, apart from South Korean visitors.

Such a blessing, this absence of feminism. Why? There are so many evil sides to feminism. Where to start. First of all, feminism parts from a fundamental error, it seeks to make women more like men in the mistaken belief that mens' lives are easier.  A belief that is of course untrue. 

Feminism promotes the idea that children and husbands are obstacles to happiness. Again, a fundamental mistake and error.

The later feminists tried to make women into workers and succeeded, much to the cost of women, and of course men.

All this came of course at the expense of the mother-child relationship and especially at the expense of the woman-man relationship. Feminism has been one of the key factors eating away at the fabric of society. If today we have mal-adjusted, rude, lazy, incompetent children, then in large part because Feminism came at the expense of the mother-child relationsihp.

But it did not stop there, feminism also targeted its former idol, the male, and we saw now where feminism culminates,  the Me-Too witchhunt, an all out attack on male-female relationships. Life at universities is now intolerable, gone are the carefree days, instead, cue "relationship contracts" to ensure you will not be accused of rape post-facto.

Ultimately, Feminism also comes at the expense of women though, because the moral authority they once enjoyed which enabled them to ban alcohol, is now completely gone. After all,  if women are equal, they have no greater moral authority.

Feminism is a cancer eating away at society, relatioinships, mother-child, male-female, it is hard to imagine a more destructive ideology. Pepetuated not only by misguided females, but also misguided men, it has become all pervasive, even a Daily Telegraph editor now thinks he has to have a feminist extremist writing for the paper for good reputation.

Your self-professed feminism is no doubt also part of your own virtue signalling, like so many here, a cheap road to follow.

But in reality, make no mistake, feminism is a force for evil now. At one point it was useful, but it has become a completely destructive force. Abhorrent that men subscribe to this, but such are the times we live in.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cameroni said:

I'm not intimidated in the slightest by any woman. Living in Afghanistan seems a bit extreme and completely unnecessary. I live in Thailand where feminism is, thankfully, still held in check by the local men.

But this influx of feminist men from Australia, UK, US etc, can only have a negative effect in the future. Very regrettable.

You seem to be confusing feminism and acknowledgment of female attributes.

There is no doubt men are superior in some sports, such as swimming, golf, track and tennis. Women can perform better at gymnastics, due to better flexibility.

The thread is not about whether physical attributes are required for the Presidency. It's about intelligence.

There is no statistically significant difference in IQ between men and women.

There is a statistically significant difference in IQ between MAGA supporters and Americans as a whole.

IMO there's nothing that disqualifies either Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris from the Presidency, but it's well known America is slow to catch up to the rest of the world.