Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) medication availability

Thai Chi

I have just started using Doubluts for BPH (dutasteride 500mg + tamsuloin 400mg)

I have a 6 month+ visit planned for next year. I believe I can bring a 3 months supply with me.

Are Doubluts or a generic equivalent readily available in Thailand. If so, any idea on cost.

I take the Tamsulosin .4 mg (I believe this is what you are referring to). It costs 6x more in Thailand, so I order a one year supply in the US and bring it back with me on my annual US trip. It is a non-narcotic and is not on any list of meds customs is looking for. I just put it in my checked luggage and go through the "nothing to declare" aisle at Swampy. As it doesn't require a perscription to purchase in Thailand, I don't believe it would be a problem to bring it in.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I take the Tamsulosin .4 mg (I believe this is what you are referring to). It costs 6x more in Thailand, so I order a one year supply in the US and bring it back with me on my annual US trip. It is a non-narcotic and is not on any list of meds customs is looking for. I just put it in my checked luggage and go through the "nothing to declare" aisle at Swampy. As it doesn't require a perscription to purchase in Thailand, I don't believe it would be a problem to bring it in.

Just started it and bought 3 months supply for B1000. Is that expensive?

4 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Just started it and bought 3 months supply for B1000. Is that expensive?

Where did you get that price? That's better than any Thai pharmacy I've seen including Fascino's where I'm a card-carrying member. I get a bottle of 100 .4 mg capsules for about ฿500 back in the states.