Translation of birth certificate

Guemlum

Does anyone know the procedure and requirements for getting a birth certificate translated from English to Thai? This is to obtain a Yellow Tabien Baan which has been requested by our local Amphur.

Guemlum

For the UK, I  had to get my birth certificate "legalised" in the UK at Milton Keynes. Then it has to go to the London Thai embassy to be "authenticated" and get their approval stamp. Then it had to be translated into Thai and sent to the Thai MoFA to be certified.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 minute ago, Mutt Daeng said:

What is your nationality?

For the UK, I  had to get my birth certificate "legalised" in the UK at Milton Keynes. Then it has to go to the London Thai embassy to be "authenticated" and get their approval stamp. Then it had to be translated into Thai and sent to the Thai MoFA to be certified.

English, and thanks for the info. Who in MK legalised it as I'm fairly local to MK?

1 minute ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I did everything from Thailand by post.

I can imagine that took some time. I'm in the UK now and hoping things can be done slightly quicker.

8 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

What does legalise mean, in this context.

In my case, to me it means having an apostille attached verifying that the signature and any seals/stamps on the document are authentic on a UK public document. It does not confirm the authenticity of the underlying document.

Not sure @Guemlums "neighbour" can do this unless he works in the legalisation section at MK.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

52 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

In my case, to me it means having an apostille attached verifying that the signature and any seals/stamps on the document are authentic on a UK public document. It does not confirm the authenticity of the underlying document.

Not sure @Guemlums "neighbour" can do this unless he works in the legalisation section at MK.

Yes, she can legalise documents but in this instance and after checking with her, this is not one she can assist with as it has to be done via the FCDO office.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Guemlum said:

Painful. My neighbour can legalise the documents so hoping this will speed things up. Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Guemlum

Forgot to mention that the agent told me that the MoFA bit has to be done via an appointment (no walk-ins as in the past), This caused an extra 2 week delay because that was the next available appointment. It's all pretty straight forward really, but a little time consuming. Good luck.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

The last time I used the services of the MOFA was back in 2009 when we got married. Things were slightly different back then. The company you recommended to me, I have also used in the past. Great service from them. I've spoken with them already and as I'm in the UK right now, they assure me that they can sort this all out on my behalf (obviously at a cost), and then post the documents to our home in Thailand.

Guemlum

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Guemlum said:

Yes, she can legalise documents but in this instance and after checking with her, this is not one she can assist with as it has to be done via the FCDO office.

So, as we thought, she can't.

It is also bl00dy ridiculous that these jobsworths take a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach. Anyone of decent standing, who is prepared to supply, say, a copy of their passport should be able to make these confirmations.

The outside world seems to think that a member of the corrupt Thailand police force is a suitable witness for, say, a Life Certificate.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Guemlum said:

The last time I used the services of the MOFA was back in 2009 when we got married. Things were slightly different back then. The company you recommended to me, I have also used in the past. Great service from them. I've spoken with them already and as I'm in the UK right now, they assure me that they can sort this all out on my behalf (obviously at a cost), and then post the documents to our home in Thailand.

Guemlum

Glad you have got the process sorted. Should be plain sailing for you now.

Edited by Mutt Daeng