Vance Hedges on 2020 Election, Avoids Directly Saying Trump Lost

Social Media

image.png

Senator JD Vance (R-Ohio) made headlines on Wednesday by again sidestepping the question of whether former President Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election. Speaking at a campaign event in Pennsylvania, Vance reiterated his stance, stating that Trump did not lose, at least "by the words that I would use," marking some of his most extensive comments yet on the contentious election results.

"First of all, on the election of 2020—I’ve answered this question directly, a million times—no," Vance said when asked by a reporter about the message his avoidance sends to independent voters. The reporter was pressing him on whether he could clearly say, "Did Donald Trump lose in 2020?" Vance responded, "I think there were serious problems in 2020. So did Donald Trump lose the election? Not by the words that I would use."

Vance went on to explain his perspective further. "Here’s the thing that I focus on—because what the media will do, they’ll focus on the court cases or they’ll focus on some crazy conspiracy theory," he remarked. "What I know, what verifiably I know happened is that in 2020, large technology companies censored Americans from talking about things like the Hunter Biden laptop story, and that had a major, major consequence on the election."

This response fits a pattern for Vance, who has largely avoided directly answering whether Trump was defeated in the 2020 election. Trump and many of his allies have consistently denied the legitimacy of the election results, baselessly claiming fraud or other irregularities occurred. Vance’s comments in Pennsylvania echoed his avoidance of the topic in a recent interview with *The New York Times*, where he also dodged answering whether Trump lost.

Following Vance’s comments on Wednesday, the Harris-Walz campaign swiftly responded, with spokesperson Matt Corridoni criticizing Vance’s stance. “There we have it—JD Vance finally admitted he denies the 2020 election results,” Corridoni said in a statement. “As Governor Walz said on the debate stage weeks ago, Donald Trump selected Vance for this exact reason—he knows Vance will be a loyal soldier in Trump’s pursuit for absolute, unchecked, limitless power.”

Vance's remarks reflect his ongoing reluctance to directly acknowledge the election's outcome, a position that continues to stir political tension, particularly as the nation looks toward the upcoming 2024 presidential race.

Based on a report from the Hill 2024-10-19

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

You're linking to a Latino news source that points to an opinion piece in a San Antonio rag.

And you didn't even bother to link to the San Antonio rag...  Weak sauce.

I'd add that, had the FBI and the MSM not squelched the laptop story, Trump would be close to finishing his 2nd term.  So Vance is right.

Your post was meant to be on QAnon, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

You're linking to a Latino news source that points to an opinion piece in a San Antonio rag.

And you didn't even bother to link to the San Antonio rag...  Weak sauce.

I'd add that, had the FBI and the MSM not squelched the laptop story, Trump would be close to finishing his 2nd term.  So Vance is right.

I believe that Vance is never going to have people support a liar. The paper reflects exatly that

• Like 1