Visit Thailand for just under 90 days with Thai wife. Visa advice please.

If I may answer your reply @bigt3116

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

For a 1 year extension of stay using the income method, then this financial evidence has to be from a Thai bank account by way of 12 x 40K monthly overseas transfers Incorrect

My reply was to a member enquiring about using the income method. He isn't employed or working, so his only option would be to use the 40K monthly overseas transfers to a Thai bank account, OR, an Embassy Income letter (subject to his nationality) for the 1-year extension.
You mentioned income from within Thailand was an alternative method, which I acknowledged, adding it was by means of a tax receipt and payslips, however in this instance it wasn't applicable.

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

I think you can use local income to satisfy the 40k per month too, it does not have to come from overseas, (same as if you get an in-country Non-O based on marriage, that money does not have to have come from overseas). Correct

Already acknowledged, you can use income from within Thailand for the 1 year extension of stay.

However, for the in Country Non O application, you are totally incorrect regarding the income method.

Only an Embassy Income letter is acceptable in this instance. Immigration do not accept either income from within Thailand, or 40K monthly overseas transfers.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Att @bigt3116

Financial requirements acceptable to Immigration for an in Country application for the Non O based on Thai spouse.

VE-TV-NonOThaispouseP1..png.0f4fcb9daae59da2e18ce463bf486f31.png

VE-TV-NonOThaispouswP2..png.5404528bac4f30df3b39fc937a1e91cf.png

VE-TV-NonOThaispouseP3..png.446bf19ed878cc1ce75472a2652cdf2e.png

Note 7.1 - Income method.
Note 7.2 - Funds in the bank method.

This info is for changing type of visa inside Thailand. Has nothing to do with any e-visa applied for outside Thailand.

Edited by chipperPDU
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

I think you can use local income to satisfy the 40k per month too, it does not have to come from overseas, (same as if you get an in-country Non-O based on marriage, that money does not have to have come from overseas). Correct

You can use income over 40K / mo from a job in Thailand with work-permit, but you will need to provide a stack of Thai company documents - basically, the same as would be needed for a Non-B Visa - a big PITA.  Then, if you go for the 1-year extension - do it all over again. 

"Self employment" would need to be a Thai company - otherwise back to the 12-months of transfers to prove the income (edit: IF your imm-office will accept them).

Edited by Rob Browder

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP asked a simple question.

All posts regarding extensions from non O are off topic. 

As are posts about getting a Non-O in country, maybe they should be deleted too?

does anyone have an actual example of  an airline refusing to board someone going visa exempt but with no onward flight within 60 days?

or is it a hypothetical situation, unlikely to occur(?) especially if the return flight is within 90 days?

8 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

does anyone have an actual example of  an airline refusing to board someone going visa exempt but with no onward flight within 60 days?

or is it a hypothetical situation, unlikely to occur(?) especially if the return flight is within 90 days?

Plenty of reports of it

10 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

I have seen few reports of folk being issued boarding pass with return flight past the (previously) 30 day visa exempt entry. 

A signing of a waiver sometimes asked for by supervisor.

In any event from the OP......

"think maybe best if I go for the Non O. The thought of being knocked back (however  unlikely) at Heathrow, wife in tears etc., is too much of a worry."  

Seems that the OP is not interested in possibility of drama.

Perhaps for that reason he is leaning to Non O eVisa over visa exempt (that also requires extension at immigration)

On 10/19/2024 at 12:34 PM, bigt3116 said:

But it would require financials;

Retirement

"Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 65,000 THB (£1,500) or having the current balance of 800,000 THB (£18,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings
- Applicant's recent official UK/Ireland bank statement shows your name, address ( Screenshots are not accepted). For monthly income of last 3 months no less than £1,500/ month.

"

Marriage

"Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 40,000 THB (£1,000) or having the current balance of 400,000 THB (£10,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings
- Applicant's recent official UK/Ireland bank statement shows your name, address ( Screenshots are not accepted). For monthly income of last 3 months no less than £1,000/ month."

The above are from the RTE London.

Maybe a 60 visa exempt and a 30 day extension is less hassle?

You are mistaken, that is a left over from the days of the ME visa.

Many, myself included, have obtained the single entry with a lot less. I seem to remember anything over £1000 would be accepted for SE based on marriage.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Personally, I would just get the 60 day visa exempt on arrival and then extend it at your local immigration office for another 30 days.  A lot easier than going through the Marriage or Retirement visa route.  

What could be easier than sitting in a chair in the comfort of your own home and applying online for the Non O visa, which you receive by return email, against entering VE, filing a TM30, then visiting your local Immigration office in person, with a handful of printed documents and completing a TM7 form, travel, expense, time when that can all be avoided.

Of course if you can't meet the financial requirements for the Non O, then it's a different matter.

Lot's of great information and thank you to all the valuable contributions

But not to forget that each different immigration office in Thailand or area,  has or makes it's own rules.

Their own rules that can vary from one day to another, depending of the mood of God dressed in brown uniform behind his or her glass counter !!

Thank you all for your input.

I've applied for the E-Visa Non O on the basis of visiting a Thai family (with my Thai wife).

This trip is costing enough as it is, but I'd rather pay the £60 up front for the peace of mind. Even though the possibility of a problem at departure is extremely unlikely!