Latest Retirement Extension Renewal - Bank Statement - Bangkok Bank

Previously an updated (on the day) passbook only has been accepted at my office. The other day I made a transaction as usual before going to my bank to obtain the letter for immigration and updating my passbook.

I’d brought copies of my Yellow Book, wife’s Blue Book and her ID card. Only needed my passport and bank passbook copies.  At immigration the lady on the photocopy machine went into overdrive, copying 12 sheets including ‘Receipt of Notification’ TM30’s. She asked me where my bank statement was as ‘‘we need them now’. As it was 60km back to my bank I asked her if there was a way around this? She smiled and nodded.

Once inside a very enthusiastic officer offered to ‘check everything for me’. I told him I hadn’t yet completed my TM7 and TM8 but he said ‘I’ll do that for you, come over to my desk’. Then the fun began! He said I needed a bank statement. Also, he was concerned that there was only one transaction in 12 months in my bank passbook. Mrs asked him how much and settled on 500 baht. We then sat there amazed at the amount of scanning and printing he then did. 

I can’t see a way around this as although my Bangkok Bank app will send 12 months statement history to my email the information will be as of 2 days prior. Plus, if we get the same officer next time he won’t like my lack of transactions!

I wouldn’t object if they returned to the full VIP service when we used to telephone to make an appointment, all forms were completed for us with no questions asked. I only needed to supply photographs, photocopies and sit for desk cam photo.

24 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

I can say it was Khon Kaen.

Excellent OP report  in this thread October at KK..

@KhunBENQ 

My last two extensions at CW (using money in bank method)  the io wanted 12 month bank statement.

The reason is that some months had zero transactions. (Ridiculous) 

Thanks for this! Missed it previously. Appears that with or without other transactions in my bank passbook an extra trip (to Bangkok Bank) 5 days prior to immigration day plus 200 baht is required from now onwards.

15 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Thanks for this! Missed it previously. Appears that with or without other transactions in my bank passbook an extra trip (to Bangkok Bank) 5 days prior to immigration day plus 200 baht is required from now onwards.

Fee is 100b for "bank letter" that confirms account is active, you are the owner and balance on date of issue.

12 month bank statement is printout of all the transactions over past 12 months. Cost 200b 

Bank letter issued on the spot.

Bank statements issue on the spot for most banks however approx 5-7 days for BBL

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

he was concerned that there was only one transaction in 12 months in my bank passbook.

Why would they be concerned? Some people have a dedicated account to annual extensions of stay and never use there account otherwise?

4 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Why would they be concerned? Some people have a dedicated account to annual extensions of stay and never use there account otherwise?

I use a dedicated bank account for immigration.

CW insists that from (2 years ago) that I provide a 12 month bank statement. 

Previously (10+ years) just my bank book and photocopies of pages was sufficient.

When I questioned Why? The answer was ..."in some months no deposit withdrawal" 

Agree, ridiculous 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Excellent point Hamus! I have read previously something to do with proving that you have income/expenditure to negate suspicion that you might be working illegally.

Edited by The Fugitive
Spelling.