New refrigerator/freezer

farang51

Any recommendations for a new refrigerator/freezer?

I have three key wishes:
1. Freezer at the bottom
2. Width 60 cm
3. It needs to be able to maintain a temperature of max 3-4 degrees in the refrigerator and below -15 degrees in the freezer.

It seems impossible to get a shop to guarantee the third point. I am not sure if it is because they do not understand what I am saying or because my current refrigerator/freezer is very much out of the norm, while all other models work fine.

My current refrigerator/freezer, a Panasonic NR-BT228, is certainly not up to the job. If I get down to 5 degrees in the refrigerator, the freezer cannot get below -5 degrees. It has been like that since I bought it.

I think the specs on all models say that they can get to the desired temperatures. The question is whether they can do it in reality.

The manual to my current one says to store frozen meat at -18 degrees and it certainly cannot get anywhere near that temperature.

Again, I may have been unlucky with the one I got, but I do not want to buy a new one only to have the same problem. By the way, my room temperature is usually around 28 degrees which is probably not helping.

1 hour ago, farang51 said:

Any recommendations for a new refrigerator/freezer?

I have three key wishes:
1. Freezer at the bottom
2. Width 60 cm
3. It needs to be able to maintain a temperature of max 3-4 degrees in the refrigerator and below -15 degrees in the freezer.

It seems impossible to get a shop to guarantee the third point. I am not sure if it is because they do not understand what I am saying or because my current refrigerator/freezer is very much out of the norm, while all other models work fine.

My current refrigerator/freezer, a Panasonic NR-BT228, is certainly not up to the job. If I get down to 5 degrees in the refrigerator, the freezer cannot get below -5 degrees. It has been like that since I bought it.

It’s easy enough to achieve your requirements 

IMG_1668.thumb.jpeg.7b846cf38946d1a1a413348157736f31.jpegIMG_1669.jpeg.6b506d7f62100f58c620b98fbab0654a.jpeg

and the other fridge this is in the door and is as required, but in the body it’s well below thisIMG_1671.thumb.jpeg.fff1aec84aac3bb5e3596323d19176b0.jpeg

however your current unit is definitely faulty 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

2 hours ago, farang51 said:

Model and make?

Beko, Hitachi, Bosch and Häfele all have the kind you want and if you buy from HomePro they will replace a faulty unit.

We didn’t want your style but it doesn’t matter they should all be able to maintain -20C and 3C~4C  tend if they can’t they are faulty and should be returned.

You should get fridge thermometers before you buy so you can document the temperatures.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Beko, Hitachi, Bosch and Häfele all have the kind you want and if you buy from HomePro they will replace a faulty unit.

OK, then it is my unit that is defective. It is too late to get it replaced, though; it took me a couple of years with suspicion of high temperatures before I got a thermometer and could see how bad it is.

I bought a HiSense with freezer on bottom. Best decison I made in long time. Good price and 3 year guarantee. Had a problem after a few months of temp not getting cold enough. Called Hisense they sent man the following day, he replaced part and fixed in 30 minutes.

Best warranty service I ever had in Thailand. All of their products have 3 year guarantee.