Trump Works at McDonald’s claims Kamala Harris 'never has

Social Media

image.png

During a Pennsylvania campaign stop on Sunday, Donald Trump took an unconventional approach, working behind the counter at a McDonald’s and reigniting a peculiar debate about Kamala Harris’s past. The former president, known for his showmanship on the campaign trail, ditched his suit jacket, put on a black and yellow McDonald’s apron, and proceeded to fry batches of french fries, a task he said he had wanted to do "all my life."

While interacting with customers, Trump took the opportunity to make an unsubstantiated claim about his political rival, Vice President Kamala Harris. "I like McDonald’s. I like jobs. I like to see good jobs, and I think it’s inappropriate when someone puts down that they worked at McDonald's… She [Harris] never worked at McDonald’s," Trump asserted.

His comments referenced Harris's earlier remarks during an appearance on Drew Barrymore’s podcast in April, where the vice president said she had worked at a McDonald's while studying at Howard University in 1983. Trump’s remarks, however, appeared to suggest doubt over the authenticity of her claim, though no evidence was provided to back up his accusation.

Kamala Harris, who is currently running as the Democrat candidate for vice president, marked her 60th birthday on the same day as Trump's campaign appearance. She spent the day campaigning in Georgia, participating in two worship services just outside of Atlanta. 

The fast-food moment, though seemingly lighthearted, highlighted the often bitter exchanges between the two political figures, with Trump's jab adding an odd twist to the usual campaign rhetoric. His unfounded statement about Harris’s work history at McDonald’s raised eyebrows, particularly because Harris has consistently referred to her past experiences working at the chain, which she discussed as a way to connect with everyday Americans.

However, as with many of Trump’s public statements, this one triggered further scrutiny and debate, drawing attention away from the policy issues central to the campaign.

Trump’s public persona and willingness to engage in unscripted, often bizarre stunts have long been a hallmark of his political style. The McDonald's stop was yet another example of this, serving to entertain his supporters while igniting political conversations, however unconventional they may be.

Based on a report from the Standard 2024-10-21

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Haha 2

Trump serves up McDonald’s fries, but dodges question on minimum wage
Trump didn’t answer a question on pay, instead focusing on promoting his unsubstantiated claim that Kamala Harris never worked at the burger chain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/10/20/trump-mcdonalds-minimum-wage/

Raising the minimum wage is very popular with American voters who apparently have a lot more sympathy for low paid workers than does Trump.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Trump serves up McDonald’s fries, but dodges question on minimum wage
Trump didn’t answer a question on pay, instead focusing on promoting his unsubstantiated claim that Kamala Harris never worked at the burger chain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/10/20/trump-mcdonalds-minimum-wage/

Raising the minimum wage is very popular with American voters who apparently have a lot more sympathy for low paid workers than does Trump.

States should decide on the minimum wage. Also it would be a bit awkward to come into somebodies business and suggest things that will harm them. 

Just now, Cryingdick said:

States should decide on the minimum wage. Also it would be a bit awkward to come into somebodies business and suggest things that will harm them. 

I guess if you don't believe a decent living wage is a human right, you have made a good point. As for the awkwardness issue, funny how Trump supporters celebrate his plain speaking except when it comes to possibly offending the ownership class.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I guess if you don't believe a decent living wage is a human right, you have made a good point. As for the awkwardness issue, funny how Trump supporters celebrate his plain speaking except when it comes to possibly offending the ownership class.

Under democrat rule inflation has far outpaced wages. They could raise minimum wage to 20 dollars and it still buys less groceries than four years ago

• Agree 2

A living wage varies by location. If you are too innumerate to understand that I don't know what to tell you. Doi you go into your buddies bar in Isaan and start talking about how everybody working there should make more? I am guessing every business you go to has living wages? 

Can anybody really be this naive? Does anybody believe Kamala actually ever worked at McDonalds given the unacceptably low pay?

1 minute ago, mdr224 said:

Under democrat rule inflation has far outpaced wages. They could raise minimum wage to 20 dollars and it still buys less groceries than four years ago

That's amateur hour. What needs to be done is add a zero to the currency. Suddenly everybody across the board makes at least $100 an hour. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Nowhere in the country is $7.25/hr a living wage.

Harris has identified the McDonald's she worked at. An old friend for her university days confirms that she worked there. You've got nothing.

If raising the minimum wage was a solution that worked it would have been done as it has many times before and been scuccesful. Everybody above the minimum wage also has to have an increase so there is nothing gained. In fact you bring the middle towards the bottom not the bottom towards the top. 

Okay so what city was it and what year? I had no idea a friend confirmed it. Where was that? Address?

If raising the minimum wage was a solution that worked it would have been done as it has many times before and been scuccesful. Everybody above the minimum wage also has to have an increase so there is nothing gained. In fact you bring the middle towards the bottom not the bottom towards the top. 

Okay so what city was it and what year? I had no idea a friend confirmed it. Where was that? Address?

Of course I will provide you the information. But it's truly bizarre that you make these allegations without apparently making the least effort to find any evidence.

https://archive.ph/czaqb

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Of course I will provide you the information. But it's truly bizarre that you make these allegations without apparently making the least effort to find any evidence.

https://archive.ph/czaqb

"Bay area" LOl She could  say from her own lizard lips which branch it was and where. Better yet show up in person and demonstrate a working knowledge of the McFlurry machine, a skill Walz waxed

poetic about. This would be an easy political point to make but she doesn't. 

Although I give credit to Walz he has the used jockstraps from his extensive career as an assistant coach in his closet,. He is making for awkward moments and Mankato football games lately.

Edited by Cryingdick

33 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

"Bay area" LOl She could  say from her own lizard lips which branch it was and where. Better yet show up in person and demonstrate a working knowledge of the McFlurry machine, a skill Walz waxed

Although I give credit to Walz he has the used jockstraps from his extensive career as an assistant coach in his closet,. He is making for awkward moments and Mankato football games lately.

Harris’ campaign told the Times she worked at a franchise on Central Avenue in Alameda, California, in 1983, the summer after she was a freshman at Howard University

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollybohannon/2024/10/20/trump-works-fryer-at-mcdonalds-and-accuses-harris-without-evidence-of-lying-about-summer-job/

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Ahh she’s a bit busy with running her campaign to satisfy your need for a McFlurry……this whole dog and pony show is akin to his cartoon trading cards just noise…..

• Agree 1

Another of this woman's lies, she never named the location and not one person has come forward who remembers working with her. Rather pathetic to pad you resume out with a fake I worked at McDonalds claim, just pandering the same as her many fake accents. She's an insincere liar.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It's truly ironic that you accuse me of being innumerate and yet you come up with this mishmash about the minimum wage.  Why would nothing be gained if the minimum wage was increased? Are you claiming that the purchasing power wouldn't change for those whose wages were increased? Do you think wages are just some kind of status symbols and their sole significance is establishing where you stand in some kind of pecking order?

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Ahh she’s a bit busy with running her campaign to satisfy your need for a McFlurry……this whole dog and pony show is akin to his cartoon trading cards just noise…..

She could just give an exact location and approximate dates.She won't why? Instead we get her campaign staff told The Times...

24 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

And apparently you believe that it would be a bad thing if other workers wages had to be raised if the minimum wage rose.

Just now, placeholder said:

It's truly ironic that you accuse me of being innumerate and yet you come up with this mishmash about the minimum wage.  Why would nothing be gained if the minimum wage was increased? Are you claiming that the purchasing power wouldn't change for those whose wages were increased? Do you think wages are just some kind of status symbols and their sole significance is establishing where you stand in some kind of pecking order?

Because prices increase as everybody moves up the ladder. You arent going to find peop,e that do well making $40 an hour now that unskilled labor makes $20 an hour ask the long shore men.

And apparently you believe that it would be a bad thing if other workers wages had to be raised if the minimum wage rose.

It would make the change irrelevant. Let's make the minimum wage $50 an hour. Even in rural locations. You simply can not manipulate an economy like the USA doing this. Unless you want rent to be $10,000 a month. It has been tried many times and they quit the experiment at $7.25 because it has never worked.

Edited by Cryingdick

Because prices increase as everybody moves up the ladder. You arent going to find peop,e that do well making $40 an hour now that unskilled labor makes $20 an hour ask the long shore men.

Another example of your innumeracy. Rising wages are one cost input of many.  So it makes no sense to say that a wage raise of say 8 dollars will result in an increase in prices that will nullify an 8 dollar raise.

And, what makes your remark particularly comical, is that Trump is proposing tariffs while denying that they will increase the cost of goods. And one of his arguments is that American workers will get higher wages as a result. 

5 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It would make the change irrelevant. Let's make the minimum wage $50 an hour. Even in rural locations. You simply can not manipulate an economy like the USA doing this. Unless you want rent to be $10,000 a month. It has been tried many times and they quit the experiment at $7.25 because it has never worked.

No, they quit the experiment because Republicans refused to support a rise in it.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Another example of your innumeracy. Rising wages are one cost input of many.  So it makes no sense to say that a wage raise of say 8 dollars will result in an increase in prices that will nullify an 8 dollar raise.

And, what makes your remark particularly comical, is that Trump is proposing tariffs while denying that they will increase the cost of goods. And one of his arguments is that American workers will get higher wages as a result. 

I am not a Trump supporter. I say positive thing about him but I have no intention of voting for him. So let's get that out of the way. Seattle was the first to raise minimum wages and amongst the first to have $4,000 studio apartments. 

It makes no difference to me raise the minimum wage to $50 an hour. It doesnt work. As i said earlier just add a zero to every bank note.

Edited by Cryingdick