Condo fees and building

georgegeorgia

I am tempted to buy a Condo at least 1 bedroom for my future 

I was surprised today to see a News article and please whilst we talk about News as such whatever happened to the News Cafe in Jomtien but please don't go off topic .

I saw today the Pattaya Mail about affected Thai owners in a big condo complaining of farang owners who have taken over the Strata committee and put the Fees UP 

"The condominium, which consists of 1,948 units across seven buildings, previously had a board comprised of nine members—five Thai and four foreign.

However, all five Thai members have resigned, leaving the management solely in the hands of the foreign members, who have now proposed the fee increases without community consultation."

Now I don't know the full story 

It's possible the Condo fees needed to go up 

But what I'm saying is the Condo fees need to be paid and I'm staying away from poorly maintained buildings eg Flybird 

How much are your Condo fees ?

• Sad 1

Increase in common fees needs an AGM vote, minimum % required. Condos with low common fees end up looking run down. Even VT6 has run down lifts, should have replaced them by now.

mine is 35 baht per M² a month, they are looking to increase further

• Like 1

I bought PKCP off the plan from developer looong time ago.

The fees 20 baht m², too low, the Juristic had no money to spend on maintenance and upkeep.

AGM we would try to increase fees but The developer (Ratanikorn) held a third of the building (unsold units) it took years to approved increase. 

We had to continually dip into the sinking fund for maintenance etc. 

Sometimes the annual m² fees need to be increased.

The Thai's aren't interested in increasing fees, most Thai's purchase for investment only, they don't care about maintaining the building.

My condo was purchased for investment (rental) but I still wanted the building maintained and kept in good condition. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2

55B per sq m here, 7 floors 35 units, only 2 sizes available, 100 and 120 sq m, several Thai owners have asked for a refund of common fees if not spent, which was rejected, I believe one Thai is on the committee of maybe 5 or 6, Thais in general take a short sighted view on maintaining anything especially housing, I would be worried if the committee was stacked with Thai owners as there likely to not keep the maintenance up let alone initiate spending to improve the place.

When looking around I had my eyes on a large complex in Jomtien I loved the 2 bedroom lay outs and what seems to be fantastic pool/s...on inspection was put off with how run down this 5 or 6 year old place was already looking, marks on the walls, water pooling in corridor on the third floor in the section we where in, agent goes, ho roof leak, like its still dry season, it was likely from a faulty bathroom judging by the location of water and room bathrooms, then there was the parking mayhem, which is common in most of these mega condo complex, 35 b per sq m in that place, is around 850 units and its a run like a <deleted> show.