Notice to Collect International Postal Items question

oldmanstan

Hi all! I received a notice to collect a package at my local post office, but there’s no value or details on the slip. Normally, I can just pay online through the thai post custom payment website, and the postman delivers it within a few days. There’s nothing unusual or restricted in the package, so I’m curious—why would they ask me to collect it in person this time? Has anyone else had this happen recently, or know what might be causing this? Thanks in advance for any insights!

8 minutes ago, oldmanstan said:

Hi all! I received a notice to collect a package at my local post office, but there’s no value or details on the slip. Normally, I can just pay online through the thai post custom payment website, and the postman delivers it within a few days. There’s nothing unusual or restricted in the package, so I’m curious—why would they ask me to collect it in person this time? Has anyone else had this happen recently, or know what might be causing this? Thanks in advance for any insights!

Have you thought of ringing them and asking ?

The only time that has happened to me is when I was picking up a parcel for a friend. It was addressed to my house.

I was called into an office at the customs house.

The friend has shipped cards and gambling chips to himself (amongst other things).

Paid a small 'fine' (no receipt) and took the goodies to the friend's place.

20 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Have you thought of ringing them and asking ?

Already gave them a call, but since it’s Saturday and they’re closed until Monday, I thought it couldn’t hurt to ask here in the meantime. Really appreciate the suggestion, though—thank you!

8 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The only time that has happened to me is when I was picking up a parcel for a friend. It was addressed to my house.

I was called into an office at the customs house.

The friend has shipped cards and gambling chips to himself (amongst other things).

Paid a small 'fine' (no receipt) and took the goodies to the friend's place.

Thanks for sharing! Luckily, it’s nothing that exciting—just some birthday toys and cards for the little one. 😊 I appreciate the insight, though—it’s good to know about situations like that just in case!

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Have you ordered anything that might be suspect? Tobacco products, vaping tools, medicines, adult toys, etc.

No, nothing unusual, just some toys and a birthday card from the grandparents. But I suppose there’s always a chance something might be unexpectedly “prohibited” ?

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Overthinking it, just go get it.

Yup, thats the plan on Monday, not gonna lie curiosity just got the better of me and thought to ask here.  Thanks everyone for the insight, great as always.