Air Asia - Ahead of their Game

ChrisKC

My wife and I are planning a trip to Krabi next week.

Last night I looked up AirFares with Air Asia for a RETURN fare from Chiang Mai to Krabi. for two passengers

The fare out from Chiang Mai was showing at B13,000 and the homeward fare at B4,900. Nearly B18000 I thought, too much and somehow a little lop-sided!

I remember from other experiences with AirAsia within Thailand that it is sometimes better to book two singles; one outward and one single back

When I went to the site this morning the single fare was showing B10,000 each way.

So I consulted with my wife and we agreed we would try to book one single from the Thai page and and from the English page at the same time.

I was able to find a fare with VietJet, CM to Krabi including a stop that wasn't too bad to bear for B5,400 for the two of us and she was able to find an Air Asia

fare for B4,500 non-stop  back to CM for five days later. Total return fares for two just on B10,000

Outcome is that we are booked and confirmed.

From Krabi probably to Koh Lanta - not booked there yet!

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

From Krabi probably to Koh Lanta - not booked there yet!

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside!

Stay in Ao Nang...Koh Lanta....been twice but never again dissappointing to say the least....:whistling:

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Stay in Ao Nang...Koh Lanta....been twice but never again dissappointing to say the least....:whistling:

Over the last few years I have been three times to Koh Lanta at different locations and been very happy.

I guess you have been unlucky or I haven't been unlucky

8 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Over the last few years I have been three times to Koh Lanta at different locations and been very happy.

I guess you have been unlucky or I haven't been unlucky

Super boring and quiet there, hard to get lucky. How you manage to get such expensive tickets, you could fly maldives round trip for that..

Not sure what you are on about too, I just checked myself and the average one way direct flight for entire months available is 2K baht. This routes one needs to pre-book too same as any southern destinations, still plenty of options for 3K baht. One can choose to pay 10K to fly to Samui as well.

Meanwhile one can fly for 250-300 euro one way to Europe nowadays...

Edited by ChaiyaTH