Air Asia - Ahead of their Game

ChrisKC

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Stay in Ao Nang...Koh Lanta....been twice but never again dissappointing to say the least....:whistling:

Over the last few years I have been three times to Koh Lanta at different locations and been very happy.

I guess you have been unlucky or I haven't been unlucky

8 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Over the last few years I have been three times to Koh Lanta at different locations and been very happy.

I guess you have been unlucky or I haven't been unlucky

Super boring and quiet there, hard to get lucky. How you manage to get such expensive tickets, you could fly maldives round trip for that..

Not sure what you are on about too, I just checked myself and the average one way direct flight for entire months available is 2K baht. This routes one needs to pre-book too same as any southern destinations, still plenty of options for 3K baht. One can choose to pay 10K to fly to Samui as well.

Meanwhile one can fly for 250-300 euro one way to Europe nowadays...

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

I also do not know what those airlines perform.

Recently I had booked a return flight with Thai from Bangkok to Brussels.

From Bangkok to Brussels was a direct flight but back was a stop in Turkey, what do I have with Turkey, why should it have a stop there?

Only when I booked separated flights is was possible to find a direct flight from Brussels to Bangkok, also with Thai.

19 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Nearly B18000 I thought, too much and somehow a little lop-sided!

Yes indeed, it does appear to be rather expensive. 

In two weeks time, I shall be flying with Air Asia from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai. My "Fly-thru" return ticket, including add-on admin and fuel costs with baggage in the hold, cost me 397US$ (about 13,500 baht). The fare each way was more or less the same - not lop sided.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Super boring and quiet there, hard to get lucky. How you manage to get such expensive tickets, you could fly maldives round trip for that..

Not sure what you are on about too, I just checked myself and the average one way direct flight for entire months available is 2K baht. This routes one needs to pre-book too same as any southern destinations, still plenty of options for 3K baht. One can choose to pay 10K to fly to Samui as well.

Meanwhile one can fly for 250-300 euro one way to Europe nowadays...

Most of what you said is irrelevant. What you like and what I like is obviously different. It is only your opinion that something is boring and not a fact.

In any event, My OP is what actually happened and therefore is an account that has nothing do with your particular findings.

The only lesson you need to learn from my first post is that an original  return fare Chiang Mai To Krabi was B18,000 and I eventually found one at B10,000 which is NOT expensive!

Yes, I see that here.

But that page didn't come up to me - in fact I never did see that page. If that page did come up to me I have no post to write!!

That is what you are missing!