New passport, TM6 still required?

I last entered Thailand by land so have a TM6 stapled in my (now old) passport. Whilst in Thailand I applied and received a new passport as there were only six months remaining on the old one.

I have the extension of stay stamps transferred to new passport etc., - I still have the old (now cut and invalid) passport with TM6 inside. 

I am off to the UK next month, do I need to show the TM6 when exiting, or just the new passport? I think the TM6 is linked to the old passport but TiT and assumptions are dangerous!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Pickwick
typo

4 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

I last entered Thailand by land so have a TM6 stapled in my (now old) passport. Whilst in Thailand I applied and received a new passport as there were only six months remaining on the old one.

I have the extension of stay stamps transferred to new passport etc., - I still have the old (now cut and invalid) passport with TM6 inside. 

I am off to the UK next month, do I need to show the TM6 when exiting, or just the new passport? I think the TM6 is linked to the old passport but TiT and assumptions are dangerous!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Put your old TM6 in your new PP, your old PP number will be in the new PP transfer stamp....

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Put your old TM6 in your new PP, your old PP number will be in the new PP transfer stamp....

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The TM6 has no relevance at departure. 

Two conflicting answers! @DrJack54 I thought we always had to give the TM6 when exiting? 

5 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

Two conflicting answers! @DrJack54 I thought we always had to give the TM6 when exiting? 

They always take mine at borders, plus at immigration office they want a printout of it, so now I take no chances.....

• Thanks 1

I think you can decide either way. Put the TM6 with your new passport and they'll keep it, or don't put it in your passport and it'll be no problem as well as they are used to no TM6 (have it with you)

I presented a land border TM6 last December at Swampy, where I hadn't presented one for years. IO just kept it like they always had

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

I arrived by land from Laos earlier this year, TM6 completed on entry. I lost/binned the departure section and left by air from BKK a few weeks later, same passport.  Nothing was asked.

Probably because airports were not issuing them, maybe still the same......By land, they are....