Philip Bryce - Koh Phangan

Been using Philip Bryce's recently published book "How To Buy Land & Build a House in Thailand" as a reference in my project and was wondering if anyone had contact details for this gentleman? He has a great deal of excellent information and tips for the farang within the covers of the book but I do have a couple questions.

Cheers, :o

BM

Authors generally keep to themselves, so I don't fancy your chances of getting hold of him... however, there are thousands of property lawyers, compnay lawyers, real estate agents, property developers and homeowners who use this site... why don't you just pose your questions here?

Been using Philip Bryce's recently published book "How To Buy Land & Build a House in Thailand" as a reference in my project and was wondering if anyone had contact details for this gentleman? He has a great deal of excellent information and tips for the farang within the covers of the book but I do have a couple questions.

Cheers, :D

BM

:o I know the house he built however it always seems to be rented out only came across him once and we have lived on phangan for over 15 months think your chances of getting hold of him are slim.

I did make contact with Steve yesterday with the question I had on the house he featured on page 102 of his book. I'm going to build something quite similar with the roofline over a 360 deg. veranda. Going to use Q-con vs. block as that house apparently used.

I did make contact with Steve yesterday with the question I had on the house he featured on page 102 of his book. I'm going to build something quite similar with the roofline over a 360 deg. veranda. Going to use Q-con vs. block as that house apparently used.

this harks back to your question about the location of haad chao praw.

i have read his posts and seen pics of the house, but never actually sought it out.

it seems fairly nice.

• 9 months later...

i just found this thread on a google search for something else. yes, i am the author of this and the retiring book. if anyone needs to contact me, please PM me. i'm always interested in useful tips and experiences for new editions of the book. i also project manage building houses in Ko Phangan if anyone want to build here.

thanks, steve (a.k. Philip Bryce)

• 3 weeks later...
i just found this thread on a google search for something else. yes, i am the author of this and the retiring book. if anyone needs to contact me, please PM me. i'm always interested in useful tips and experiences for new editions of the book. i also project manage building houses in Ko Phangan if anyone want to build here.

thanks, steve (a.k. Philip Bryce)

http://www.buildingthailand.com/ Vanished! :o

• 8 months later...
And for those who haven't seen Steve, I run into him in Thong Sala on a regular basis, you just have to know which hardware shop to find him in :o

Well that is nice news to read; I especially bought his book when last i was in Thailand. having read it cover to cover, I like other members have some questions I'd like Phillip to answer; on page six of the book he guides the reader to understand that on his website www.buildingthailand.com/forums corrections and updates to the book can be found. so next time you see him; please remind him of his obligation to deliver the updates.

Having said that, I will be returning to Thailand 2010 and intend to build a house on the land I have in Chiang Mia. I want to build a house design that my friend has had built for him in Australia. It is an Australian design, low set and very spacious without being sprawling, unfortunately he no longer has the quantity of schedules for the house that he received from the builder; Q1) I was wondering if anyone knows where in Chiang Mai I can find a professional that can formulate the schedule of quantity for all the bits and pieces needed to build the house just by looking at the plans.? Q2) has anyone built a house using plans that they brought with them from their country and had it built in Thailand; if so , what has been their experience in having it built

ThaiItAgain

Edited by ThaiItAgain