Thais Can No Longer Be Bought

It is true! The end of corruption, responsible for their actions! At Last!

When did this happen? Maybe last night, maybe this morning but it must be true...it's in the BK Post!

"Thais can no longer be bought

(BangkokPost.com)

Air Force chief and vice-chairman of the Council for National Security (CNS) Chalit Phukphasuk has expressed confidence that a campaign to overturn the draft charter will fail because only a handful of voters are willing to see the process of restoring democracy stall.

“Most people want to see the country move forward and the fact that this charter was drafted based on the 1997 constitution shows that the government is doing all it can to put the country in a good light,” he said. “Thai people these days have forward thinking so they won’t allow their votes to be bought that easily. Money can no longer buy anything.

Mmmm..."bought that easily" Ahh I see what he means..the price has gone up due to the appreciating Baht.

ACM Chalit also expressed optimism that the country will not be faced with a political crisis should the draft charter be voted down at the national referendum."

Then in the same article-

"Meanwhile, Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont said he believed an anti-charter group has bribed voters to reject a draft constitution at a national referendum scheduled for August 19."

So who can be correct?

Anyone requiring a Thai, I have one for sale please contact......

Everything can be bought, it's just a question of how much you're paying. Are you telling me you wouldn't vote for Mr. XYZ if you received 1m Thai Baht cash? You probably won't receive that much, but people are likely to go for much less than that.