Stolen Passport

Hi,

My laywer just called me, who was handeling my workpermit that his bag with my passport got stolen.

I want to know after I get a new passport from my embassy do I have to apply for a new non imm O in KL or can I get a new one at the immigration in bkk.

I know I have to go to the immigration for my stamps to be able to leave thailand but do you know if they can replace my non o?

thanks

baco

Make police report, go with police paper to Your Embassy, go to Immigration with paper from embassy and police report then fly out and start all over again

Visa stamps are only valid for the actual passport stamped into…that’s why they must be transferred ….but only when the 2 passports can be seen by immigration

:o

Just a question in this context:

If you make a full copy of your PP with visa / extensions etc., have the copies certified as being true by the MoFA and keep them safe, would these copies satisfy immigration to transfer your visa/extension info to a new passport in case the original PP was lost or stolen?

opalhort

After my passport was washed away in the 2004 tsunami, I went to my embassy for a new passport. At immigration in Bangkok I got a replacement for the one year non imm. B visa extension right away. They also had my last entry in Thailand on file. You will at least be able to get a copy of your last entry stamp. In case you got a multiple entry visa abroad and you didn't use all the entries yet, I would simply ask them at immigration if they can give a replacement for the visa that was in the old passport. Certainly wouldn't count on this being possible, but you have to go to immigration anyway.