Hotel Room With Wifi For 500 Baht Or So

roamp

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

The Honey Inn has free wifi in their lobby/cafe area. I think you can still find a room for around 500 baht. Located on Soi Honey Inn of course.

You can also check the Captain's Hotel and Bar on Soi Honey Inn, between Honey Inn Hotel and Soi Boookow. This place is not to old, I think low season price may be close to your 500 baht price.

Sometimes you may be able to find a hotel that is close enough to an internet shop where you can piggyback on their signal.

What have you got to lose by checking these two places out?

There is a place just off Soi Buokhao that has wifi in all the rooms for that price. Unfortunately I can't rememeber the name of the hotel. However it is easy to find. There is a small and very new side street between Soi Diane and Soi 11 with a number of go-go bars. You can access it from either Soi Diane and Soi Buokhao. It's about the third hotel on the left if coming from Soi Buokhao. You'll see the place, it's easy to spot.

Thanks for all the replies to my request for information. The soi Deserted mentions below is the L-shaped Soi LK Metro that connects Soi Diana (the sign on Second Road says Soi 13) with Soi Buakaow. There must be a dozen places where these three sois meet with nice rooms in the 400 to 700 baht range. The few that did not have their own free internet wifi in the rooms were often close enough to the ones that did to pick up their signal. Since Soi LK Metro is only three years old and constructed by LK himself, the rooms are new and quite nicely furnished for the most part. Of the many I checked, the ones I preferred were Place2Bee, Metro (on LK Metro) and Jasmine Mansion (on Buakaow), but there were several other options. It's a nice area with the usual go-go and beer bars with farang restaurants, but the real Thai restaurants on Buakaow are cheap and tasty -- something you don't get on Beach Road.

There is a place just off Soi Buokhao that has wifi in all the rooms for that price. Unfortunately I can't rememeber the name of the hotel. However it is easy to find. There is a small and very new side street between Soi Diane and Soi 11 with a number of go-go bars. You can access it from either Soi Diane and Soi Buokhao. It's about the third hotel on the left if coming from Soi Buokhao. You'll see the place, it's easy to spot.