Good News! 8 Cinema Complex Has Just Opened.

tropo

The new "Major Cineplex" (8 screens) has just opened...they opened on August 9. They're just opposite Soi 13 on 2nd Road.

I caught my first movie there last night (Bourne Ultimatum). They apparently had 4 movies showing, so they're not up to full speed just yet...there's a lot of finishing work still ongoing around the mall.

There wasn't any easy way to see which movies were showing yet, but the manager told me I can see what's showing on their web site. What's showing...It appears the Pattaya complex has not yet been incorporated on this website...but it's mostly in Thai so it's hard to know for sure.

The ticket price is 120 and they have VIP love seats for 500 (for 2).

Edited by tropo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for a look round today and initial impressions are good, however, they need to let all those new shops otherwise it will soon look like an abandoned building site! The bowling alley at the top is excellent and all 8 screens in the cinema are now operational. I am off out soon to catch the 9:35 showing of the Simpsons which someone on another thread said was not being shown in Thailand???? Hopefully all the builders have gone home so there should be no construction noise!!

The new "Major Cineplex" (8 screens) has just opened...they opened on August 9. They're just opposite Soi 13 on 2nd Road.

I caught my first movie there last night (Bourne Ultimatum). They apparently had 4 movies showing, so they're not up to full speed just yet...there's a lot of finishing work still ongoing around the mall.

There wasn't any easy way to see which movies were showing yet, but the manager told me I can see what's showing on their web site. What's showing...It appears the Pattaya complex has not yet been incorporated on this website...but it's mostly in Thai so it's hard to know for sure.

Whats a love seat?

Are we allowed to bonk in it.

:o

Whats a love seat?

Are we allowed to bonk in it.

:o

Sorry for getting you excited. Let's call them luxurious couples seats.

They aren't that much better than the new seats at the Festival Big C Cinemas with retractable arm rests.

over at the royal garden mall, you can see a first run movie for 70 or 80 baht. 120 is bangkok prices.

over at the royal garden mall, you can see a first run movie for 70 or 80 baht. 120 is bangkok prices.

Bangkok and KORAT prices!

I went for a look round today and initial impressions are good, however, they need to let all those new shops otherwise it will soon look like an abandoned building site! The bowling alley at the top is excellent and all 8 screens in the cinema are now operational. I am off out soon to catch the 9:35 showing of the Simpsons which someone on another thread said was not being shown in Thailand???? Hopefully all the builders have gone home so there should be no construction noise!!

I saw The Simpsons Movie there on Friday (English version - some screens are showing the Thai dubbed version). Just me, a farang family of 4 and a smoochy couple. 120 baht is pricy but comfy.

No, 120 is the Pattaya price. Why should movies be cheaper in Pattaya than Bangkok? It's 120 at Festival Big C except Monday to Wednesday when it's 100.

You can catch an 80 baht session at the Royal Garden, sure, but there's only 2 screens so your choice is limited.

It astounds me that anyone would consider not seeing a movie because it's 120 baht ($3.50). It's cheap at twice the price. You could always leave your GF/partner at home to save.

Edited by tropo

it loks lik ei nice place but those are bkk prices. you can to to rg or central mid week and save 50%. those places are ncie enuff 4 me

i dont like the mall as its not enclosed a/c. i use the malls on my walks to get out of the heat... never buy anything :-)

ps: the mickyd's does not seem to be doing well.

Edited by theseveredhead

Actually Mac D was by far the busiest place. Apart from that only the cinema and bowling - and a perfume shop of all things - open yet. I think parking is going to be a problem. Yesterday the car park was pretty much full, and that was before the mall even opened properly. Agree with the previous poster that the outdoor setup without aircon is probably not going to make it particularly popular either.

Edited by Phil Conners

Yesterday the car park was pretty much full, and that was before the mall even opened properly.

did that include the multilevel car park built in behind the cinema's,

i was there sunday arvo to see the simpsons and i thought there was a reasonable amount of parking, i wouldnt have thought much less than what bigC offers.

p.s those 'love' seats for 500 per couple i thought were great lots of room to sprawl out whilst watching the movie, and even at 500baht it is still a d-a-m-n cheap movie to see compared to australia.

Edited by v8tfcorty

however, they need to let all those new shops otherwise it will soon look like an abandoned building site!

I'd be very surprised if a prime location like that couldn't let the shops.

Walking around on Friday it looked like all the units were in the middle of fitting out.

Cinema was excellent.

Cheers

it loks lik ei nice place but those are bkk prices. you can to to rg or central mid week and save 50%. those places are ncie enuff 4 me

i dont like the mall as its not enclosed a/c. i use the malls on my walks to get out of the heat... never buy anything :-)

I'm not surprised you don't buy anything considering the fuss you make over a 120 baht ticket.

They are Pattaya prices.

Where is 'central'? 60 baht (50% discounts) for movies are not available in Pattaya, or have I missed a cinema somewhere?

We went to the Borne Ultimatum yesterday at the new Major theatre, we splurged on the 500 baht seats but from the looks of it the 140 baht seats would have been just as good.

The picture and sound were great and all in all I was impressed. I am sure that will be the new theatre of choice for me!

The parking wasn't the greatest, it seemed pretty compact for a parking facility but all in all not too bad.

The mall seems like it has alot of wasted space with the wide open plan it is using, i am sure it will be full of shops by new year though.

Went there Friday night. Cinema was ok. However I wasn't impressed by the staffs ability to comunicate in BASIC English. The cashiers were fine, however the retail staff upstairs couldn't speak English. For this location that its a neccessity to comunicate in English I would say.

Yesterday the car park was pretty much full, and that was before the mall even opened properly.

i was there sunday arvo to see the simpsons and i thought there was a reasonable amount of parking, i wouldnt have thought much less than what bigC offers.

p.s those 'love' seats for 500 per couple i thought were great lots of room to sprawl out whilst watching the movie, and even at 500baht it is still a d-a-m-n cheap movie to see compared to australia.

Yes that included the multilevel car park. We had to get to 4th floor before we found a single free spot. I think the total is 6 floors so for a situation where practically nothing has opened yet I think it will be stuffed when it's opened properly.

I had the impression the 500 baht "love seats" include free popcorn and coke, that would make it a reasonable deal.

Edited by Phil Conners

Yes that included the multilevel car park. We had to get to 4th floor before we found a single free spot. I think the total is 6 floors so for a situation where practically nothing has opened yet I think it will be stuffed when it's opened properly.

I had the impression the 500 baht "love seats" include free popcorn and coke, that would make it a reasonable deal.

Popcorn and pop definitely not free with the "love seats", at least no one told us if they were! They would have been alot better if they had footrests like the one we had in BKK, of course those were a little more expensive and came with valet service too!

Went there Friday night. Cinema was ok. However I wasn't impressed by the staffs ability to comunicate in BASIC English. The cashiers were fine, however the retail staff upstairs couldn't speak English. For this location that its a neccessity to comunicate in English I would say.

Yes, it's true that the staff don't speak a word of English, but I never expect that in Thailand anyway. There isn't a great need for English skills at the cinema.

Did you ever realise that there are a lot of other nationalities visiting Pattaya...how many languages should the staff speak?

Yes, it's true that the staff don't speak a word of English, but I never expect that in Thailand anyway. There isn't a great need for English skills at the cinema.

Did you ever realise that there are a lot of other nationalities visiting Pattaya...how many languages should the staff speak?

Of course they can't be expected to speak every language of whever visits Pattaya. However the vast majority of visitors speak some level of English. If you go to Big C or RGP all the staff speak some English. I would say that there is a greater need for English skills at this location as it is more central.