Tricked Into Marriage..how Do I Divorce?

bigdummy

Completely new to all this...to cut a long story short...i married in BKK amphur to my Thai gf 3 weeks ago..i have known her about 6 months from the internet..but after we marry i find out she lied to me on many things, about her health, money, family, debts, job..i really thought i was on a crest of a wave, but realise i have been tricked into marriage so her and her brothers can come to UK for jobs and live!!!! OH WHAT A MESS HUH?? Ok how can i get a divorce, can i explain to amphur thats i've been lied and tricked to marriage? Can they somehow void it? or if I never sponser her to get settlement or visitor visa to UK can she still make it to UK, or not?? I really just want to forget this whole sorry affair..I have been so naive :o PLEASE HELP ME sort this mess out, thanks....

Completely new to all this...to cut a long story short...i married in BKK amphur to my Thai gf 3 weeks ago..i have known her about 6 months from the internet..but after we marry i find out she lied to me on many things, about her health, money, family, debts, job..i really thought i was on a crest of a wave, but realise i have been tricked into marriage so her and her brothers can come to UK for jobs and live!!!! OH WHAT A MESS HUH?? Ok how can i get a divorce, can i explain to amphur thats i've been lied and tricked to marriage? Can they somehow void it? or if I never sponser her to get settlement or visitor visa to UK can she still make it to UK, or not?? I really just want to forget this whole sorry affair..I have been so naive :D PLEASE HELP ME sort this mess out, thanks....

Welcome to the real world. :o You're not the first & won't be the last this happens to.

Was the marriage registered with the UK Embassy? If not, don't. If you have, let them know you've been done over, they may offer suggestions on how to get out of it. If you have already applied for her visa, cancel the application.

Is there a Thai marriage certificate? If it was only a 'village' type wedding with no papers signed, you *may* find that you're still single legally.

First stop should be your embassy. Remember to change your email & phone number (assuming she has contacted you directly at home). If you gave her an ATM card, have it cancelled ASAP - that should require you to contact the bank directly - maybe report it stolen to them so it's done quicker.

Passing thought - as you've only been married 3 weeks, you should be able to have it anulled on the grounds of fraud. Of course, that would only be applicable if the UK embassy has record of the marriage.

Edited by pgs

She will not make it to the UK, if you do not act as sponsor, but her thinking that her brothers can come here and work on the basis of marriage to you, is ludicrous.

I don't know how you would go about a divorce, Particurlarly if she doesn't want to.

Are you in the UK now.?

Completely new to all this...to cut a long story short...i married in BKK amphur to my Thai gf 3 weeks ago..i have known her about 6 months from the internet..but after we marry i find out she lied to me on many things, about her health, money, family, debts, job..i really thought i was on a crest of a wave, but realise i have been tricked into marriage so her and her brothers can come to UK for jobs and live!!!! OH WHAT A MESS HUH?? Ok how can i get a divorce, can i explain to amphur thats i've been lied and tricked to marriage? Can they somehow void it? or if I never sponser her to get settlement or visitor visa to UK can she still make it to UK, or not?? I really just want to forget this whole sorry affair..I have been so naive :D PLEASE HELP ME sort this mess out, thanks....

Welcome to the real world. :o You're not the first & won't be the last this happens to.

Was the marriage registered with the UK Embassy? If not, don't. If you have, let them know you've been done over, they may offer suggestions on how to get out of it. If you have already applied for her visa, cancel the application.

Is there a Thai marriage certificate? If it was only a 'village' type wedding with no papers signed, you *may* find that you're still single legally.

First stop should be your embassy. Remember to change your email & phone number (assuming she has contacted you directly at home). If you gave her an ATM card, have it cancelled ASAP - that should require you to contact the bank directly - maybe report it stolen to them so it's done quicker.

Passing thought - as you've only been married 3 weeks, you should be able to have it anulled on the grounds of fraud. Of course, that would only be applicable if the UK embassy has record of the marriage.

Thanks! hmm no she has no access to bank cards, marriage registered at amphur BKK and village wedding with monk(ey) things! all she has to contact me is mobile number.I think maybe my home address(which is rented anyway) and my WORK email(hmm!) thats it..so should be ok? she can NEVER get to UK without my consent??? Thanks alot!

Don't panic mate, it's hard enough for legitimate cases to get visas to the UK, they don't stand a chance, just walk away from it. Don't confront or tell anyone, just go.

ok thanks! So if I never go to TL or marry there again, everthings fine? just forget this whole sad affair happened and marry western women next time??

She will not make it to the UK, if you do not act as sponsor, but her thinking that her brothers can come here and work on the basis of marriage to you, is ludicrous.

I don't know how you would go about a divorce, Particurlarly if she doesn't want to.

Are you in the UK now.?

Thanks! yes I am back in UK, so if i never sponser her she definitely cant make it to UK? I'm so worried about everything, she has nothing of mine only my address(which is rented) my work email(gulp) and mobile number..

Are you in the UK now.?

Thanks! yes I am back in UK, so if i never sponser her she definitely cant make it to UK? I'm so worried about everything, she has nothing of mine only my address(which is rented) my work email(gulp) and mobile number..

Never say never, but it would be extremely unlikely that she would get a visa without you being the sponsor. She could of course marry/obtain another fiance,sponsor, and come in that route, but whether she would bother to find you is another issue.

Good luck