Bridgestone

JimSiam

Well what i thought would be just a simple balance at bridgestone in sukhumvit rd wasnt, once the wheels were off the CV boot needed replacing on the drivers side, so asked how much to replace the boot - answer 300baht, i should have known better and gone to my usual mechanic OOD service on sukhumvit at Pattaya Tai corner where he has always come in less than quoted, but i thought 300baht why bother?

When i saw the car round the back getting a wheel alignement as well i knew they hadnt told me the right price, its not the amount that annoyed me just when i got the bill they had just given me the price originally for only the rubber boot itself, not the labour, not the CV grease and they threw in a wheel alignment because they thought it needed it, now they only dropped the axle so no alignment propertys were changed. If they had been up front and told me the whole cost i wouldnt have worried.

So the bill

Balance 200baht

Boot 300baht

Grease 210baht

Alignment 300 baht

Labour 200 baht

The original quote was 500 baht

Bridgestone will never get any business of me again, I will go to my regular guy who has always been cheaper than his quotes

Edited by JimSiam

• 10 months later...

Well what i thought would be just a simple balance at bridgestone in sukhumvit rd wasnt, once the wheels were off the CV boot needed replacing on the drivers side, so asked how much to replace the boot - answer 300baht, i should have known better and gone to my usual mechanic OOD service on sukhumvit at Pattaya Tai corner where he has always come in less than quoted, but i thought 300baht why bother?

When i saw the car round the back getting a wheel alignement as well i knew they hadnt told me the right price, its not the amount that annoyed me just when i got the bill they had just given me the price originally for only the rubber boot itself, not the labour, not the CV grease and they threw in a wheel alignment because they thought it needed it, now they only dropped the axle so no alignment propertys were changed. If they had been up front and told me the whole cost i wouldnt have worried.

So the bill

Balance 200baht

Boot 300baht

Grease 210baht

Alignment 300 baht

Labour 200 baht

The original quote was 500 baht

Bridgestone will never get any business of me again, I will go to my regular guy who has always been cheaper than his quotes

I wonder if they try to tack on all those charges to Thai's . Bridgestone and places like Cockpit are scum but I have tried OOD and he comes up with all sorts of extra labor charges also that I doubt Thai's get charged.

Edited by JimmyTheMook