Where Will You Go When Thailand Does Not Want You?

12call

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laos, Nepal - there are many fascinating countries in Asia but some have unfriendly visa regulations.

But never never never back to Farangland!!!!  :o

Agreed: never back (to stay) in England. But Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia? All are possibilities. But as long as you have money (and don't steal towels, of course), Thailand will want you. After all, according to Suwalai Pinpradab, Director of the Phuket office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand: “How much tourists pay is how the TAT defines their quality.”

So, having money = quality. And, therefore, being poor = being inferior.

How sad for Thailand that people like her (Suwalai is female) get to such positions of power :D

Read it here:

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/index.as...=3560&display=1

Phillipines is simular to Thailand, but dont forget to bring your own towel!  :o

http://www.phuketgazette.net/issuesanswers...ails.asp?id=723

Geez ... persona non gratia for swiping a towel !!!

Seems a bit stiff and probably could have been prevented with a few baht in the right pockets and some better behavior on the part of the offender.

There has to be a lot more to this story (e.g., being a complete flaming a**hole to the hotel and authorities, fubar'd while being an a**hole, etc.).

But surely nothing that a minor name change and new passport wouldn't cure.

agree with the BRAZIL alternative but firstly would try to discover

*no.1 - Vietnam

*no.2 - China

if nothing of above proofes satisfying and I am still alive I guess I go back "home" and live upon the wonderful governmental ruled social systems of....

a u s t r i a

(yes, they STILL welcome ppl from wherever they come from, give them free 100 m2 mtrs condos and approx 600 euro p.p.p.m. for living .... and the best is: no questions asked. no visa needed. and of course no work to be done)

how fantastic....until that sh*t system will collapse....

I actually like the australian outback... shame things are so ###### expensive down there

ASIC

Yes, I quite like the outback too, but unfortunately it's been overrun by those huge hairy animals that destroy everything. Australians I think they're called :D:D:o:D:D

Tried Vietnam, not an alternative.

Cambodia, maybe in a few years when they are more (dare I say it) westernized.

Heard Goa is really good and similar to Thailand.

Then there's that Chinese Island off the coast of China and Vietnam (Hainan Island) heard was good also.

Brazil, specifically the state of Bahia. Beautiful chocolatas, laid back lifestyle, tropical climate, relative safe, well-functioning internet infrastructure, everything goes, easy visa conditions ... actually if it wasn't for (Thai) wifey I'd probably be there rather than here :o

Brazil, specifically the state of Bahia. Beautiful chocolatas, laid back lifestyle, tropical climate, relative safe, well-functioning internet infrastructure, everything goes, easy visa conditions ... actually if it wasn't for (Thai) wifey I'd probably be there rather than here :D

PR in Brazil:

Marriage to a Brazilian citizen

This case is covered by a resolution of the National Immigration Council. A permanent residence visa is granted to foreigners married to Brazilian citizens. Application is made to the Ministry of Justice (normally via regional Federal Police offices, which represent the ministry at a State level) or to a Brazilian consulate abroad. Evidence (e.g. marriage certificate, statement from witnesses) should be presented of the matrimonial union. Immigration officials will effect a surprise visit to the couple's home to make sure that the relationship is not a "marriage of convenience" that has the principal purpose of fraudulently obtaining a residence visa.

http://www.how2immigrate.net/brazil/permanent-visa.html

:o:D:D

Brazil, specifically the state of Bahia. Beautiful chocolatas, laid back lifestyle, tropical climate, relative safe, well-functioning internet infrastructure, everything goes, easy visa conditions ... actually if it wasn't for (Thai) wifey I'd probably be there rather than here :D

The tourist visa for Americans, Canadians and Mexicans is valid for multiple entries for five years from the date it was first used (unless otherwise noted in ink in the visa). So, if you entered Brazil within ninety days from the date it was issued, yes it remains valid for several other visits for five years[/i]

http://www.1daypassport.com/visas/brazil-visa-faq.asp#ca5

This must be a cruel reading when residing in Thailand! :o

The tourist visa for Americans, Canadians and Mexicans is valid for multiple entries for five years from the date it was first used (unless otherwise noted in ink in the visa). So, if you entered Brazil within ninety days from the date it was issued, yes it remains valid for several other visits for five years[/i]

http://www.1daypassport.com/visas/brazil-visa-faq.asp#ca5

This must be a cruel reading when residing in Thailand!  :D

Yes, thanks for sharing... :o

Laos ,if i knew what the rules were . have posted on the forum for info ,but no replies. anyway ,i cant see it happening (Thailand not wanting farang) there is a lot of scaremongering ,but, has ANYBODY been refused entry lately that YOU KNOW ??