Investment Visa

I have a one year extension granted for investment purposes (3 million baht in a fixed account). I need to withdraw this money. I have booked a ticket out of thailand on 5 September. If I withdraw the cash on 29 August (one week before a leave) will I have problems.

^^^^^Hang on, hang on.

I am currently on a Non Imm 'O' (marriage) visa, am not working, so cannot show B40,000per month income to qualify for a yearly extension. I do have a multiple entry O visa (and so must do 3 month border runs), and have over B3mill in a Thai bank.

DO I QUALIFY FOR A NON IMM 'IB' VISA WHICH CAN BE EXTENDED (IE NO MORE BORDER RUNS) ON A YEARLY BASIS IF I KEEP OVER B3m IN A THAI BANK??

Or is it not as easy as that?

Thanx

Big A

3m invested in a condo or govt bonds / bank etc. has been withdrawn but they "sayY" they will grandfather people already in the system. For how long and whether they really do so remains to be seen.

I do know that if at all possible, I would leave the 3m alone as once withdrawn I suspect you lose that visa.

It does beg the question though about investment in one bank or in one condo. What if you move banks or sell the condo ? how long do you have to reinvest to maintain your investment visa ?

3m invested in a condo or govt bonds / bank etc. has been withdrawn but they "sayY" they will grandfather people already in the system. For how long and whether they really do so remains to be seen.

I do know that if at all possible, I would leave the 3m alone as once withdrawn I suspect you lose that visa.

It does beg the question though about investment in one bank or in one condo. What if you move banks or sell the condo ? how long do you have to reinvest to maintain your investment visa ?

I do believe that if you withdraw your 3M Baht investment from Thailand, you must leave the kingdom within 7 days as your extension of stay will be automatically canceled (remember, Immigration office asked you to sign a document that if you remove your investment, you should inform them immediatly).

I hope (but not sure) that if you sell your condo and maintain your investment in Thailand (immediatly transfer the money to a Thai gov Bank, OMSIN, etc) you will keep your visa... :o