Ps3 Resistance Connection Problem

Gluestick

Hi guys,

I just bought a PS3 this weekend. I also got Resistance to go along with it. For those of you who have a PS3 along with Resistance, have you gotten it to work online? I tried to play online but the PS3 keeps telling me it is having problems making a connection. If you were successful, where did you register your Playstation Online (what country)? what version of the PS3 do you have? Also, what version of Resistance do you have?

I picked up Resistance when the PS3 first came out and had a blast playing it online on Japanese servers with 32 people and no lag at all

Then they patched the multiplayer portion of the game around 6 months ago. Since then my PS3 has not been able to connect to the server to download the patch. I get an "Network Error"

It must be game specific as the PSN and every other PS3 game works fine.

Better not get any of this crap when Warhawk comes out end of this month!

• 3 weeks later...
The solution is to get the game that matches the region of your PS3. I got an asian version and now everything works.

I just got this game yesterday, but i keep getting "network error" when i try to download the update. My ps3 is asian , as is the game, so i'm not sure what the problem is?

Any ideas? I really want to get online with it, and this was one of the main resons i got it. I signed up to the p/station network with a uk address, could this be the problem??

Please help!!

The solution is to get the game that matches the region of your PS3. I got an asian version and now everything works.

I just got this game yesterday, but i keep getting "network error" when i try to download the update. My ps3 is asian , as is the game, so i'm not sure what the problem is?

Any ideas? I really want to get online with it, and this was one of the main resons i got it. I signed up to the p/station network with a uk address, could this be the problem??

Please help!!

Are your PS3 and the game both region 3? Cuz one might be Japanese and one might be for Hong Kong.

Edited by Gluestick

Please help!!

Are your PS3 and the game both region 3? Cuz one might be Japanese and one might be for Hong Kong.

Yeah, they are both region 3, i checked. I also tried opening a new ps network ac from singapore, so it would be asian, region and still no luck. I tried a wired connection too, and the same. It doesn't even start the update, just flashes up instantly network error. Could it be something to do with my isp (true) perhaps?

• 7 months later...

I managed to finally update Resistance last week - previously I kept getting "Network Error"

Could have had something to do with the big PS3 update earlier in the week

The update also added force feedback and I've been playing 40 player games all weekend and having a blast

Compared to COD4 I find I'm actually an ok player and finsh most games in the top half of the scoreboards (which is VERY rare for me these days!)