Moving Back To The Uk

I teach locally in Phuket. Not particularly happy with the schools here. The few EP schools will not prepare my son for the real world. And the top 3 are way over my budget.

Planning for the future. Son is 16 months old. Move in about 3 years. Besides the usual need to have a job, fly there first and then bring the wife and kid after a few months; anyone have any experience in what it took (emotionally and I suppose, financially) to move back, get settled in, find a flat/house, bring village back :o , wife issues with life in UK, etc?

I am aware of most of the UK embassy regulations. But any pointers would be appreciated, as well.

There is no requirement for you to go back to the UK first. If you have either sufficient savings or evidence that you have a job to go back to, this should be enough for you to demonstrate the maintenance criterion. Likewise, you don't need to return in advance of your family in order to arrange accommodation. Instead, you may choose to either stay with family or arrange a lease on a property from Thailand.

Scouse.